TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Nintendo 1st half 2009 releases

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=17588

Excerpts:

Excitebots™: Trick Racing has elements that make it one of the more unique racing games on the market. It launches April 20 and lets everyone in the family use the Wii Wheel™ accessory in unique and changing environments, play fun minigames and perform crazy tricks in a game that builds on the Excitebike™ and Excite Truck™ franchises.

Donkey Kong® Jungle Beat™, originally made for the Nintendo GameCube™ system, launches May 4 with newly added motion controls. It's the latest in Nintendo's New Play Control! series of games.

Punch-Out!!™ launches May 18 and brings back all of the fun of the beloved, classic NES® game that thrilled players in the early 1990s. Boxers battle as iconic hero Little Mac as they fight their way through a cast of new and familiar boxing opponents on their quest to win the coveted WVBA (World Video Boxing Association) Championship Belt.

BIT.TRIP BEAT (WiiWare), developed by Gaijin Games and published by Aksys Games: BIT.TRIP BEAT is what you get when you mix classic video gaming with modern gaming sensibilities. What may seem like a simple "paddle" game turns into a psychedelic trip down memory lane which has you hitting "beats" in rhythm to Chiptune style music. While the game can be difficult, if you crank up the tunes and get in the zone, you'll have a great time. Performing perfectly isn't required to experience all the game's content, but the extra challenge will keep score-hunters coming back in search of each level's elusive "PERFECT" score.

Night Game (WiiWare), developed and published by Nicalis: Exclusively for WiiWare, Night Game (working title) is part action game and part puzzler. It invites players into a beautifully atmospheric world, where they must use real physics to maneuver a mysterious, glowing sphere through vastly different locales. Night Game pushes the boundaries of design with its unique art style, and professionally produced music score. This title is a 2009 Independent Games Festival Seumas McNally Award nominee and from the same developers responsible for Cave Story on Wii.

Wii Release Highlights:

Nintendo

New Play Control! Pikmin™ - March 9

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis™ - March 9

Excitebots: Trick Racing - April 20

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - May 4

Punch-Out!! - May 18

SEGA of America

Virtua Tennis™ 2009 - May

The Conduit™ - June

Let's Tap™ - June

Zoo Games, Inc.

M&M's Beach Party - March 10

Puzzle Kingdoms - March 31

Garfield Gets Real - April 7

Pennzoil's Build-N-Race: "Speed Demons" - April 14

Jelly Belly Ballistic Beans - April 21

Smiley World Island Challenge - April 28

Garfield's Pet Force - June 9

DS Release Highlights:

Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

TrackMania® DS - March 17

Tokyo Beat Down™ - March 31

The Dark Spire™ - April 14

Dokapon Journey™ - April 14

Steal Princess™ - April 21

101 in 1 Explosive Megamix - April 21

Super Robot Taisen® OG Saga:Endless Frontier™ - April 28

Knights in the Nightmare™ - June 2

Shin Megami Tensei®: Devil Survivor™ - June 23

Nintendo

Rhythm Heaven - April 5

Personal Trainer: Walking - May 25

The Legendary Starfy - June 8

Also...what the hell?

Eduardo the Samurai Toaster (WiiWare), developed and published by Semnat Studios LLC: Fight your way through 13 diverse locations on your own or with up to three friends in this frenetic and stylish side-scrolling action game. Play as Eduardo and his fellow toaster buddies as you fire an assortment of pastries at all kinds of dastardly food products. Hop onto laser-mounted scooters and fly across the screen in rocket packs, and learn to cooperate with your teammates or simply annoy each other in an awesomely fun way by throwing each other around the screen. The choice is up to you.

Don't forget MadWorld on March 10th...isn't Sega distributing that?

Yeah. Nintendo chose to not put it in this press release. Make of that what you will.

BTW, this will also be the first official US release of a Starfy/Stafy game, though that's not really that big of a deal (decent enough games, but they're not unsung classics from what I've played).. Something more disconcerting, though...

http://www.gamespite.net/verbalspew/archiv...y_1150.php#comm

the Wii remake of Metroid Prime hasn't been given a U.S. date yet, despite being available in Japan as of last week. Swear to god, if Nintendo tries to position that as their big holiday game there'll be hell to pay.

I wish I could be excited about Punch-Out, but every form of boxing on the Wii thus far has been pathetic, with the games seeing the controls as "suggestions" more than anything else.

*sigh*

Don't forget MadWorld on March 10th...isn't Sega distributing that?

Yeah. Nintendo chose to not put it in this press release. Make of that what you will.

Hmmmm, hope the game isn't disappointing. It sounds promising.

From all accounts it's great and fun to play. And as long as it's fun to play then thats all that matters.

There is quite a few Wii games I#m excited for this year so far. Mushroom Men, Madworld, Conduit, Ghostbusters, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures and Little Kings Story to name a few. I'm even excited about the TMNT Smash Bros rip off.

BTW, this will also be the first official US release of a Starfy/Stafy game, though that's not really that big of a deal (decent enough games, but they're not unsung classics from what I've played).. Something more disconcerting, though...

http://www.gamespite.net/verbalspew/archiv...y_1150.php#comm

the Wii remake of Metroid Prime hasn't been given a U.S. date yet, despite being available in Japan as of last week. Swear to god, if Nintendo tries to position that as their big holiday game there'll be hell to pay.

Eh, They wouldn't do that. Metroid isn't an evergreen title that disrupts the marketplace blah blah blah. It's a Core Title. Maybe they just won't release it because of its lack of casual appeal. Perhaps Reggie saw the disappointing sales of MP3 despite that AMAZING marketing campaign they did for it and just thinks people don't want Metroid. OK, maybe not. But it is an American game. There's no excuse for taking so long with it. Hey Drew, did you see the "In a world"-style voiceover they added for the Wii version of Prime? I think it was originally in the European version of the game, but it's pointless and lame.

Surprising is the lack of Wii Sports Resort on the list. I thought that was supposed to come out in Spring. Doesn't The Conduit use MotionPlus? That doesn't necessarily mean the add-on has to be out when the game comes out, but it should. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the big fall game since it's a pretty damn big deal.

Cave Story for Wii Ware is unmentioned. That might not mean much, since they only named four Wii Ware games in the press release. But it would have been reassuring if they had listed it.

It doesn't seem surprising they wouldn't highlight a title like, oh, Madworld, since they aren't exactly begging for a game like that to be picked up on by the mainstream press. Cave Story is a little stranger, but it seems to be mainly a list of games "core" gamers don't care about. And Punch Out. :P

DS' lineup seems to be completely the opposite, since its filled with RPGs and lots of really hardcore stuff. It's kind of funny to see a Nintendo release for...not just a SMT game, but one with "Devil" right in the title. :)

Eh, They wouldn't do that. Metroid isn't an evergreen title that disrupts the marketplace blah blah blah. It's a Core Title. Maybe they just won't release it because of its lack of casual appeal. Perhaps Reggie saw the disappointing sales of MP3 despite that AMAZING marketing campaign they did for it and just thinks people don't want Metroid. OK, maybe not. But it is an American game. There's no excuse for taking so long with it. Hey Drew, did you see the "In a world"-style voiceover they added for the Wii version of Prime? I think it was originally in the European version of the game, but it's pointless and lame.

I'd bet they'd drop it in an otherwise dry period. I wouldn't bet on it being *the* big holiday release, but *the* holiday *core* release I wouldn't be surprised. We don't really know this far ahead, but either it's going to be a few titles we haven't seen released yet, or some of the stragglers for US release (Fatal Frame IV, Disaster, and a heavily-censored Captain Rainbow?). It's not like they have an actual new Mario or Zelda prepped and ready. Pikmin Thrii I would peg for such a holiday title; it's casual-ish enough for the blue ocean while still enjoying a large 'core following--like Animal Crossing was this past holiday.

I haven't heard of the Wii Prime voiceover. Any links to vids?

Is the New Control Pikman and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat just the Gamecube verisons with Wii controls? The Bit, Trip, Beat game sounds interesting but I really don't get what it is.

I really need something that will let me keep an interest in my Wii. I'm really thinking about selling it. Punch Out might help but I doubt it. Nintendo has really let me down when it has came to the Wii.

Well what were your expectations Scroobs? To paraphrase the great Dennis Green, the system is what we thought it was. As far as I can tell, it's exactly what Nintendo expected it to be.

Is the New Control Pikman and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat just the Gamecube verisons with Wii controls? The Bit, Trip, Beat game sounds interesting but I really don't get what it is.

I really need something that will let me keep an interest in my Wii. I'm really thinking about selling it. Punch Out might help but I doubt it. Nintendo has really let me down when it has came to the Wii.

What games do you own? I'll suggest you some good ones.

Jungle Beat has new levels, new checkpoints, and re-arranged enemy placement. It doesn't actually support the original bongo controllers, either. The original Jungle Beat supported the standard Cube controls, too, actually.

Pikmin is just GC version with new controls.

Animal Crossings, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Wii Fit

You should probably check out Shaun White Snowboarding if its cheap (I saw it somewhere for $30) since it works with the balance board and is "supposedly" the better version across the 3 consoles.

and Duh, get Mario Galaxy.

You should consider getting No More Heroes, and Resident Evil 4.

Seems like that list has a lot of re-tread and niche type stuff. Nintendo definitely isn't going for the blockbuster type material.

Hopefully Punch-Out! is at least good. I have how unresponsive Wii Sports boxing can be.

Zack & Wiki

also, if you don't have them on a different system, the Wii ports of Bully and Okami are great!

Zack & Wiki

also, if you don't have them on a different system, the Wii ports of Bully and Okami are great!

No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki are two I wanna try out. I've played RE4 already and I honestly didn't care about the new controls. I rented Mario Galaxy when it first came out and almost beat it, so I really have no reason to buy it when I'm pretty sure I could just rent it again and finish it off.

what's the point of the game without the drums again?

From what I've heard, it's a traditional platformer, then.

Black Lushus is right. Get Okami. That game is amazing. Wish I had the Wii version.

I can't speak for the Wii version, but repeated bosses and some filler aside, the PS2 one was fantastic. Best Zelda clone ever.

Disaster: Day of Crisis

WarioLand

De Blob

All of those games are sweet, as well as the ones already mentioned.