TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Buzz

Lockdown Talk

Found this on gerweck

- Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett will headline the 3/20 San Juan, Puerto Rico show.

- 2/20 in Macon, GA drew 2,000 fans paid.

- No word yet on how Sonjay Dutt's release will effect SoCal Val.

- Sting vs. Mick Foley is being advertised locally for Lockdown in Philly.

- James Storm either has or will soon sign a new multi-year deal with TNA.

(Information from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter was used in this report.)

There are talks about the TNA Lockdown PPV happening in April and there has been talks about matches for the PPV. These are the plans:

From Gerweck via the WON -

TNA World Heavyweight Championship - Six Sides of Steel Match:

Sting vs. Mick Foley

Six Sides of Steel Match:

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

Six Sides of Steel Match:

Kevin Nash vs. Samoa Joe

TNA Legends Championship - Six Sides of Steel Match:

Booker T vs. A.J. Styles

(information from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter was used in this report)

Lockdown looks extremely strong on paper with those four single matches on top. I figured we would see Lethal Lockdown highlight the MEM v. Frontline feud, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Will they even do Lethal Lockdown this year then?

Also, with Sting and Foley on top, one has to think Foley will be going heel on the next ppv, or else Sting reverts back to more of a heel. Take your pick.

It probably wouldn't hurt to do a midcard Lethal Lockdown this year. Something like Beer Money, Matt Morgan, and the Machine Guns vs Abyss, Rhino, Lethal Consequences, and Sewell or something.

They could be really crazy and do a Knockout Lethal Lockdown. That might be interesting. Beautiful People, Madison Rayne, Kongtourage, Taylor, Roxxi, "the Governor", ODB, Tracy. Along with the possibility of an unmasked Melissa or the rumored signed Sarah Stock. It might be a good way to get the women on the card and the roster's big enough that they could still have Kong defend the title. And if not Kong in Lethal Lockdown has a certain appeal.

Which leaves Beer Money free to defend the tag titles and the Guns/Lethal Consequences to play with the X title. Could make for a strong card.

They could be really crazy and do a Knockout Lethal Lockdown. That might be interesting. Beautiful People, Madison Rayne, Kongtourage, Taylor, Roxxi, "the Governor", ODB, Tracy. Along with the possibility of an unmasked Melissa or the rumored signed Sarah Stock. It might be a good way to get the women on the card and the roster's big enough that they could still have Kong defend the title. And if not Kong in Lethal Lockdown has a certain appeal.

Awesome Kong, Angelina Love, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, & Raisha Saeed vs. Sarah Stock, Taylor Wilde, ODB, Roxxi, & "The Governor".

BOOK THIS~!

On paper this does in fact look good. I'm happy the plan is for Sting to have the title going in, instead of Angle vs Jarrett being for the strap. I'm also interested to see what the X-Division Escape match is going to be like this year.

Just saw a commercial for Lockdown today. It advertised Sting/Foley and Booker/AJ like has been mentioned but it was Angle/Joe in the commercial, not the Nash and Jarrett matches.

I could see some type of screwjob at Destination X, where Angle or another Mafia member nails Sting, then blames Foley for it. Something along the lines of Angle bringing a chair into the ring and nailing Sting, only to have Foley get it off him by the time Sting turns around. Then you can have Angle and the Mafia talking about how all the recent dissension was due to the Frontline "leading Sting on" or something.

We'll probably also get the Morgan/Abyss blowoff. I like Matt Morgan and I like Abyss, but dear God this feud has been the shits. Abyss should get a thank you title reign for all the bullshit he's been put through in the past 2 years character-wise.

I do wonder about the X-scape match will be like this year, seeing as how they've already lost Petey, Sonjay, and Rave (though it was said he may be brought back as Russo was the one who pitched for him to get signed). I suppose we could see Doug Williams back in the fold, or Satanico El Exotico if they put him on Impact in the meantime.

Why is Joe going after Steiner if he's rumored to be facing Nash?

I just want Tenay vs West in a cage. It could rival the Bob Amrstrong arm wrestling match in a cage.

Why is Joe going after Steiner if he's rumored to be facing Nash?

I just want Tenay vs West in a cage. It could rival the Bob Amrstrong arm wrestling match in a cage.

Joe/Steiner is at Destination X. He'll need someone new to face since he'll finally succeed in his murder attempts.

Tenay/West needs to have wireless mics so they can do commentary on their match.

Tenay/West needs to have wireless mics so they can do commentary on their match.

They should do it in 3rd person too.

West:"Hard shot by DW!"

Tenay:"What a slap from The Professor!"

As long as he shouts "PAY-LAY! PAY-LAY!" after he does it.

He could also try selling baseball cards to Tenay while he's on the mat from the Pele.

Just out of curiousity, I was looking at travel packages for the show, and they are pretty out there. Without traveling fare (air and/or car transportation), they are trying to get people to pay $700-$800 for a Mania-type package deal, where you get to go to a meet and greet, get a ringside seat, hotel accomodations, etc.

On top of it, ringside is going for $175 a ticket! Are they fucking high??!!

What gets me are a few things with the inflated prices.....

First, they are trying to treat this event apparently like their version of WrestleMania or something, and, even though Sting/Foley and JJ/Angle as co-main events is strong, these prices are just not warranted to this degree.

I think they are doing this to try to emulate a successful formula WWE does month to month (and have overpriced ringside seats for their ppvs for years now) but quite frankly, they are nowhere near the same level of anything that really gives them an excuse for doing so. Are they really expecting anyone to throw down on those pricey seats when it seems commonplace for TNA road ppvs to have a decent attendance, but yet still nothing close to sold out, and by the end of it, bargain bin prices for tickets?

I get the idea of TRYING to make an event look special by amping up ticket prices, but this is ridiculous. It kills off any potential to GET a crowd in the first place by doing this shit.

Whether it is right or wrong will be dictated by whether anyone buys them or not. I wouldn't pay that much (although I wouldn't want anything but a ticket anyway...and I don't care where I sit) but it is a show I might think about taking the trip for.

I'd love to see the show, but last time I bought expensive floor seats from tna(like sixth row) I couldn't see shit. I ended up walking to the upper bowl and standing. I saw better standing up in the general admission then I could from the floor.(Bound for Glory 06) Best seat in the house for me will probably be on my couch watching it on ppv.

I was at that show. I sat in row 2. Funnily I also went to that arena for the first TNA house show and just got seats in the actual arena seating which was so FUCKING uncomfortable that I ended up sitting on a bleacher on one end of the bowl for most of the show. Totally worth it. So much more comfortable.

114850_lg.jpg

Two decades in the making…Two of wrestling's biggest legends…One historic showdown inside the infamous six sides of steel cage. Hardcore legend Mick Foley…"The Icon" Sting…The battle of a lifetime! TNA Wrestling presents Lockdown, where every match takes place inside the barbaric six sides of steel cage. Live! Sunday April 19th on Pay-per-View

It looks fake as shit to me, but it's on InDemand's website, so it's real.