TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Motor City Machine Guns

Meanwhile, the Motor City Machine Guns have gone back and forth regarding their interest in re-signing with TNA. Shelley was especially vocal when talking to friends about leaving the company before they started getting pushed on television. He softened his stance after they were featured more prominently and has expressed a desire to re-sign.

Powell's POV: None of this should come as news to Dot Net Members, as we've been talking about these contract situations for weeks on the Dot Net Weekly audio show. The latest I've heard on the Guns is that they won't settle for what they're currently being paid in TNA and are open to the idea of working on the indy scene with Ring of Honor, and in Mexico and Japan if they don't get what they consider fair contract offers. I was also told that one or both of the Guns have mentioned the idea of returning to school if TNA doesn't come through with a strong offer

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1004585.shtml

I hope the guns don't resign, they're horrible. Actually I take that back, I just hope Sabin stays. Shelley's the horrible one out of the two.

Shelly has went from fanboy internet greatest prospect (next Jericho, etc) to being disliked? I haven't watched TNA for about 12 months, has his form really dipped that much? I was never a huge fan of Chris Sabin at first, but watching TNA Weekly PPVs from the start recently, I have to admit his work rate is there. If he could develop a cool character, he could do well somewhere.

How could anybody look at the Guns, and say out of the 2, that Alex fucking Shelly is the terrible one?

I don't care for either of them, but c'mon, Shelley is ten times more valuable then Sabin.

What could the Guns do if they leave TNA? I know they could get dates in Japan, Mexico, and the Indy circuit, but I don't see them being happy with being career "Journeymen". I don't see WWE busting down the door for them either. I don't know, maybe they should just ask TNA to let them work more Indy shows in their new deal, that should make everybody happy.

My problem with Shelley is that I see him as just a spot monkey. I really like psychology in matches and people who can sell and even if a match lacks a little psychology if the wrestlers are still selling I can still enjoy a match...however Shelley can't sell shit and it kills me everytime. I hate wrestlers who just go from one big move to the other, then take a big move, but gets right back up. That was my main issue with the Sabin vs Shelley match. Shelley wasn't selling shit, even though he was taking giant moves. He also threw on..I think it was the crossface, on sabin, and he has a stone face with no emotion. FUCKING SELL! John Cena sells his horrible STFU more than Shelley did with that crossface.

Another case in point, in the match where the Guns wrestled Lethal and Young, Shelley's on the top rope and EY hits Shelly causing Shelley to crotch himself, and instead of Shelley selling like he just got a piece of metal to his balls, he just brings his legs back over the top rope and stands back up, not selling his balls in pain, and shit like that just kills me.

All Shelley is good for is "oh look, that was a cool big move...oh look there's another...oh look there's another.", and that's all I see him as. It hurts his in ring work and it really hurts who he's wrestling in ring work and I just can't stand him because of it.

That was true, and unfortunately a lot of the well-praised guys in wrestling right now are guilty of it.

The Guns need to dump the fagtastic music they currently use and trade it in for damn near anything (even if that means generic rock track #G8FP). Even the gun shooting sound effect at the start sounds quite sissyriffic.

That was true, and unfortunately a lot of the well-praised guys in wrestling right now are guilty of it.

That's why those well-praised guys never get into the WWE or if they do, they never get very far. WWE is really big on selling and doing tiny things that show that a wrestler is tired or hurt or whatever emotion and when those "well-praised" guys can't do that, the WWE really sours on them and doesn't let them go anywhere until they learn how to sell correctly.

Shelley is just going through the motions now - it's to the point where he'll stay if the money is right, but would probably be happier on the indies. He's probably eying a ROH return as well now that they got television. I know he hung them out to dry when he jumped to TNA, so I wonder if ROH would want him back.

He's wrestled... three ROH matches since then?

Yeah, I'd say they would.

Shelley is just going through the motions now - it's to the point where he'll stay if the money is right, but would probably be happier on the indies. He's probably eying a ROH return as well now that they got television. I know he hung them out to dry when he jumped to TNA, so I wonder if ROH would want him back.

He's wrestled... three ROH matches since then?

Yeah, I'd say they would.

One-off appearances is different than signing him to a contract.