TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH on HDNET Tapings Results

Credit-ROH Boards

First Set of Tapings

RESULTS:

a) Bobby Dempsey & Andy "Right Leg" Ridge over "Dirty" Ernie Osiris & "Beautiful" Bobby Shields

b) Jon Kermon over Adam Cole

c) Grizzly Redwood over Corey Abbott

1) Jerry Lynn over Delirious after the Cradle Piledriver

2) Kenny King over Sami Callahan following Double Knees to the back and a Death Valley Driver into a DDT

3) Brent Albright over Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus after a Crowbar

4) Television Taping Main Event #1 - Tyler Black over Jimmy Jacobs when reversed the End Time into a bridging pin. Brodie Lee leveled Tyler Black with a big boot after the match. Some highlights included Tyler missing a Lionsault, but then connecting on a Standing SSP. Jacobs blocked the Package Piledriver turning it into End Time leading to the finish.

***INTERMISSION***

Return dates for TV confirmed as April 9 and 10

5) Kevin Steen over Eddie Edwards after a Package Piledriver in a hard-hitting match

6) Sara Del Ray over Daizee Haze after the Royal Butterfly Suplex

7) Claudio Castagnoli over Alex "Sugerfoot" Payne following an Elevated Uppercut and the Ricola Bomb.

8) Television Taping Main Event #2 - ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness over Jay Briscoe with the Jawbreaker Lariat in a very competitive match. Match of the night to this point.

***INTERMISSION***

9) Erick Stevens over Sterling James Keenan thanks to the Doctor Bomb and the quote of the night from krimetime: "SJK is a horrible wrestler"

10) The Dark City Fight Club of Kory Chavis & Jon Davis over Cheech and Cloudy after a Powerbomb/Neckbreaker Combo

11) Chris Hero w/ Larry Sweeney & Sara Del Ray over The Necro Butcher with a Loaded Elbow. Hero hit a Senton on Necro as he was rolled up in the floor mats and Necro slammed Hero with a steel chair on the floor during the match.

12) Television Taping Main Event #3 - "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson over Austin Aries when Aries tapped out while locked in the Triangle Choke. Dragon cut a promo post-match putting over the locker room and the fans.

RESULTS (Sunday)

a) Corey Havoc & Jon Kermon fought Adam Cole & Ninja Brown to a No Contest when the Dark City Fight Club ran in.

b) Jake Crist over "Beautiful" Bobby Shields

c) Erick Stevens over ???

1) Television Taping Main Event #5 - Claudio Castagnoli over Brent Albright with a Roll-Up and Holding the Ropes

2) Austin Aries over Kenny Omega after a Brainbuster

3) Delirious over "Dirty" Ernie Osiris after Shadows Over Hell

4) Daizee Haze & Neveah over Sara Del Ray & Sassy Steffie

5) Television Taping Main Event #4 - Jerry Lynn over Brodie Lee with a Roll Up

***INTERMISSION***

6) Kenny King & Rhett Titus over Cheech & Cloudy with a Doomsday SprinMarvin's Proxy Brainoard Neckbreaker

7) Eddie Kingston over Sami Callahan with a Spinning Backfist. Crowd went nuts for Kingston and Sami was busted open hardway.

8) Bobby Dempsey over Orange Cassidy in a squash after a Death Valley Driver

9) The Necro Butcher over Jimmy Jacobs via DQ when Brodie Lee interfered. During the match Necro introduced a Staple Gun, but it wasn't used. Jacobs attempted a Spear, but was met with a Hard Right Hand.

***INTERMISSION***

10) The Dark City Fight Club of Kory Chavis & Jon Davis over Grizzly Redwood & Andy "Right Leg" Ridge

11) ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness over Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne with a Stiff Lariat and Tower of London

12) Kevin Steen & Jay Briscoe over Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards when Mark Briscoe thwarted Sweeney & Del Ray and Steen hit a Package Piledriver on Edwards

13) Television Taping Main Event #6 - Bryan Danielson fought Tyler Black to a 20 minute draw. Aries, Jacobs and Brodie Lee were out afterwards, Necro made the save. Necro put Lee through a table.

Can't wait to see this on HDNet, I can definately tell they are booking things a bit differently here to be more friendly into an hour timeslot on TV. The formula seems to be a few competitive squash matches to establish personalities, another match that is more of a midcard match that probably goes 5-10 minutes, and then a main event that hit the 15 minute mark. Curious what or if is filmed otherwise for the show besides the matches, such as if they cut any angles on the side.

7) Eddie Kingston over Sami Callahan with a Spinning Backfist. Crowd went nuts for Kingston and Sami was busted open hardway.

Yeah! Hopefully they give him a lengthy run this time, fact is they could do with some new faces to freshen things up on parts of the card.

While it wasn't a TV taping show, I didn't know what other thread to put this in, and didn't think it warranted its own thread.

ROH Collinsville 3/13/09 results:

Roderick Strong d. Jay Briscoe, very solid match, Strong got some of the loudest chops I've ever heard, though maybe it's just that they sound louder live.

Rhett Titus and Kenny King d. Irish Airborne, nothing of note to say aside from that Kenny King is good at working the crowd.

MsChif d. Daizee Haze to keep the SHIMMER Title, good match, post angle stuff with Delirious and Jimmy Jacobs hyped up the match later in the night pretty well and did a good job updating those of us who haven't been keeping up with what happened since they were last in town.

Austin Aries d. Claudio Castagnoli, Kenny Omega, and Silas Young, excellent match with Aries and Claudio being absolute dicks. I dunno what Aries' new gimmick is supposed to be, but it rules.

Ric Flair interview was awesome. Nigel came out, made some shots at Ric's family, setting up Ric being at ringside that night during the main event.

The American Wolves of Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards and Chris Hero d. Kevin Steen & El Generico and Bobby Dempsey, decent six-man match.

Tyler Black & Jerry Lynn d. The Age of the Fall, Black pinned Delirious after Jacobs hit him accidentally with a chair. Afterwards, Jacobs attacked Delirious saying he failed him. He pulled out a spike and was about to jab Delirious with it when Haze ran out and got spiked in the face. Before he could do the same to Delirious, Delirious kicked the shit out of him. So, I guess Delirious is out of Age of the Fall. This part was awesome.

Bryan Danielson d. Bison Smith by countout. Danielson was fun to watch live like last time, but this match was a mite disappointing. Who the hell is Bison Smith?

ROH Title match: Brent Albright d. Nigel McGuinness by DQ, Claudio ran in. Excellent match, I almost thought there'd be a title change for a second. Post match beatdown, Ric Flair ran in for the save.

Fun show, better than the last time. Got another front row seat for their next show here in October. Sore from helping tear the ring down.

EDIT: Lot of people had different music. Most notable, Danielson was without Final Countdown. I figure this is because of the weekly show, can anybody confirm?

Did anyone watch this tonight? I'll post more thoughts later but the production was amazing, and overall a pretty damn solid first effort here.

EDIT: Lot of people had different music. Most notable, Danielson was without Final Countdown. I figure this is because of the weekly show, can anybody confirm?

Correct. I believe there was some sort of contest where fans with garage bands and such could submit songs for their favorites.

Some general thoughts from the first show......

Like I said before, production was top notch for the most part. Just real slick and polished look all around for obvious reasons (HDNet). Crowd was a bit quiet for Philly standards, and I forgot half the time that they were working in the old ECW Arena due to the top production of the show.

The new lead announcer was pretty annoying, came off like a hyper and totally green version of Jim Ross, but I guess could have been worse, but he's definately really bad. He doesn't know his moves at all, not even the most basic of things, I can say that much. He was starting to get the finishers, though. But they cover it up with Prazak helping alot. I remember hearing he was really the shits in post-production, so should be interesting to see how bad or good he gets.

They also have a new backstage interviewer, Kyle Durden (is he an ROH regular at all? He didn't seem familiar to me) who isn't too bad, but time will tell there too.

The new music, for the most part, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be (I assumed we were going to hear some awful stock music that HDNet uses sometimes for the MMA shows and instead it sounded like legitimate songs), but it's going to take some getting used to. Each person's entrance music seemed to fit the gimmick they were doing at least. The initial "introduction" type promos they are having each guy cut before the matches make sense and worked for the most part too

They did a really damn good video package talking about the inception/history of Ring of Honor, with tons of big moments and names from the past that have done shots, Flair, Punk, Foley, Joe, etc.

As far as the work went, the Lynn/Delirious opener was solid, reminded me of the first Nitro match ever with Pillman/Liger in that it was clear it wasn't going to be an extremely long match at all, but competitive enough with some good spots in there.

The next two matches after the opener were moreless glorified squash matches for the most part, with Kenny King and Albright going over. There was a definate purpose that the announcers were trying to get each guys' finishers over big time too. Pretty basic stuff though as far as the work went.

They did a good job all during the hour in setting up and establishing the Black/Jacobs main event too, interviewing each guy seperately, and doing an extensive video package on the feud. Even the new old sports announcer guy seemed to be aware of the heat between Jacobs/Black, so the match felt like it was a big deal for sure by the time it happened to close the show, ppv calibur stuff and by this point, the new announcer actually even started to get better too. Went well into fifteen minutes total as well, very solid stuff.

To end the show, they did a nice plug for the next ppv, which I was wondering when or if that was going to happen. This definately felt like a pro wrestling show with no frills, surprises, or bullshit......it was just what you would expect from ROH, I guess, just alot of focus on the in ring work and not much else. Was following a strict TV formula here, which is definately what seems to be staying until at least week six. Once the company establishes all the workers on the roster, then I will be looking to see how different the show will be booked from there, or if they will just stick to this style of presentation.

They also have a new backstage interviewer, Kyle Durden (is he an ROH regular at all? He didn't seem familiar to me) who isn't too bad, but time will tell there too.

Durden's been around for a while, usually on the VideoWire.

Anyway, I thought Kenny/Sami was a really strong showing. Rhett Titus is awesome. Three words. The. Muff. Driver. Match with Albright was pretty good. The ROH history video was really nice too. Opener and main event were what you'd expect. They did a good job of making the New Alhambra look presentable (ie. they made it dark) and the production overall was impressive.

Hadn't they already done that? Or does this just mean the one-off appearances like the Machine Guns had made in the past are done with?

TNA talent had been available for one-shot appearances, but that's gone now. No more TNA talent in ROH.

Has anyone here even been able to catch this show at all? I have seen all weeks so far and they are still in the first tapings stage of developing all of the characters and whatnot, so its very much a simple formula on the shows still as it was initially. The main events have been getting much better though week to week, Aries/Danielson was strong a few weeks back for sure. The undercard matches have started to slowly turn away from competitive squash matches and more to legit back and forth bouts that are better than the norm as well.

One thing to note from these shows is Larry Sweeney must have really been on some good drugs because his personality is way way way all over the place (which is saying alot since he's normally acts kind of wild) when he's on TV here, be it cutting a promo for the people he manages or just going overtly brash at ringside when he would be out there. Judging by where he is now (out of the company and it looks like they are done with him) you can kind of see where it led a bit by when they did these tapings and he was clearly way out of it on some serious shit, or else really just going a little crazy train a bit....either way it was in front of the cameras. Kind of surreal.

Here is the first Flair ROH official promo......

So is this place THAT dead that nobody here even watches ROH or what?

The Danielson/Black main event this week was AWESOME. They really pulled out all the stops and wrestling for a complete (commercial free) 20 minute streak. It easily put anything I've seen on WWE/TNA programming as of late to shame.

The Danielson/Black main event this week was AWESOME. They really pulled out all the stops and wrestling for a complete (commercial free) 20 minute streak. It easily put anything I've seen on WWE/TNA programming as of late to shame.

Yeah, that was the best main event match ROH has done as of yet on the HDNet show, that's for sure.

Next week starts the second set of tapings (which I read deviated from introducing all of the wrestlers like the first taping and now the focus is establishing the feuds and whatnot), Ric Flair in ROH, and I'm sure there will be alot of new champ Jerry Lynn.