TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

How was the Christian/Swagger match at the house show, curious about that since the two they have had on TV have been extremely good.

That's a very oddly booked, yet good sounding main event.

Responding to a query in the last thread. Christian/Swagger started with some stalling, but developed into quite the good match. Swagger won clean but it was extremely competitive.

On the whole, the wrestlers employed stalling tactics in every single match. That got frustrating.

Did you fucking delete my post?

No it just got moved to complete the discussion.

Good. Everyone needs to know that I'm confident I can bang divas!

God, all I can think of now is Mr. Dressup banging divas. That's just fucking WRONG.

Did you fucking delete my post?

No it just got moved to complete the discussion.

Good. Everyone needs to know that I'm confident I can bang divas!

God, all I can think of now is Mr. Dressup raping divas. That's just fucking WRONG.

Fixed.

I like house shows when they come down to anaheim. You get to see guys run thru their fun finishing sequences and perfecting them while they'd be in a feud. or try their new crowd popping spots. the only thing that would piss me off if I was in one of those small crowds where they say fuck it and only wrestle 2-6 minute matches.

That happened once when WCW came through my area in the late 1997 or so. This show had 6 or 7 matches, and not one went longer than 5 minutes. The main event was Lex Luger vs Scott Hall with them practicing the repeated-inverted atomic drops spot that they soon worked into EVERY MATCH THEY HAD.

I have yet to have a less than satisfying experience at a WWE house show. About 2 weeks before Wrestlemania 21, WWE stopped in Columbia for a house show. Batista and Triple H were practicing their match for the WM, and the crowd was eating up everything Big Dave did. I believe this was the Sunday after his big face turn on RAW. The only downside was when WM came a couple weeks later, their match was nearly spot-for-spot, what I had saw in Columbia just a couple weeks prior.

There's this guy I know that still watches Chris Benoit matches. Does that make him a sick bastard or just an insensitive asshole?

There's this guy I know that still watches Chris Benoit matches. Does that make him a sick bastard or just an insensitive asshole?

He has a right to watch what he wants. Some people separate Chris Benoit the performer from Chris Benoit the man or something like that. It's his right to deal with the Benoit tragedy however he wants, even if you don't agree with him.

That happened once when WCW came through my area in the late 1997 or so. This show had 6 or 7 matches, and not one went longer than 5 minutes. The main event was Lex Luger vs Scott Hall with them practicing the repeated-inverted atomic drops spot that they soon worked into EVERY MATCH THEY HAD.

I have yet to have a less than satisfying experience at a WWE house show. About 2 weeks before Wrestlemania 21, WWE stopped in Columbia for a house show. Batista and Triple H were practicing their match for the WM, and the crowd was eating up everything Big Dave did. I believe this was the Sunday after his big face turn on RAW. The only downside was when WM came a couple weeks later, their match was nearly spot-for-spot, what I had saw in Columbia just a couple weeks prior.

WWE had a house show in my area on Saturday Night (in Burlington, Vermont), refunds were offered because HHH and Edge no-showed. I kind of wanted to go but after seeing the results, not sure if it would've been worth the ride out to see it anyway.

Never been to a house show before but I'd like to check one out sometime. Hopefully, I'll have some money next time WWE ventures to Boston, Manchester or even Burlington.

I went to a house show the night before Judgment Day 2002 and the main event was Kurt Angle vs. Edge. The next night on the PPV, their Hair vs. Hair match was the exact same match they did on the show I went to, down to the finish.

I was watching Vintage Collection over here in the UK (Michael Cole's favourite show, dontcha know) and maybe I'm slow noticing this but they had one of those Don't Try This At Home vignettes, but instead of using the one with current guys they've done one with retro clips of Hogan, Bret, Shawn etc.

Is this something they use on any US programming at all, 24/7 maybe?

The 'backup' singer in the middle of the two, at the start, actually looks very much like today's era Chris Jericho.

According to the video description on YouTube, it is Jericho.

If I send $14.75 to WWF Merchandising Dept, PO Box 6789 Stamford, CT 06904 and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, is it likely I'll receive a WrestleMania 1 shirt as advertised on this VHS tape I'm watching?