TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

Fun story about the WWE Merchandising Dept: They once sent me an envelope with some sloppy handwriting with my address and Canada was spelled wrong ("Candana" or some similar spelling). The envelope had a nice WWE logo on it though (it contained a Vengeance 2003 proof of purchase, or whichever 2003 DVD was erroneously missing one that caused you to have to request one to get the box for the 2003 DVDs).

Fun story about the WWE Merchandising Dept: They once sent me an envelope with some sloppy handwriting with my address and Canada was spelled wrong ("Candana" or some similar spelling). The envelope had a nice WWE logo on it though (it contained a Vengeance 2003 proof of purchase, or whichever 2003 DVD was erroneously missing one that caused you to have to request one to get the box for the 2003 DVDs).

I blame that bison headed bastard, Carl DeMarco.

If I send $14.75 to WWF Merchandising Dept, PO Box 6789 Stamford, CT 06904 and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, is it likely I'll receive a WrestleMania 1 shirt as advertised on this VHS tape I'm watching?

I wonder if the video store will have still my free Coliseum Home Video gift if I ask for it.

If I send $14.75 to WWF Merchandising Dept, PO Box 6789 Stamford, CT 06904 and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, is it likely I'll receive a WrestleMania 1 shirt as advertised on this VHS tape I'm watching?

animalcrackers.gif

On August 22, 2008, Goldberg announced on the Fight Network Radio that he had been training for three weeks to make his long awaited professional wrestling return.[63]

- Goldberg's wikipedia.

Any truth to that and further more any idea where he'll be going?

Gotta be Japan. He hated WWE, he won't go to TNA and that's everyone who would pay him here.

Just my speculation but it could be a European deal like a lot of other ex-WWE/WCW wrestlers have done.

A number of years ago I backordered a WWF magazine (the one with Bret Hart holding the World Title). It was out of stock so they issued me a refund. I figured it would be much more interesting having a WWF check with my name on it rather than a few dollars.

John Carle, who worked on the WWE Creative team for two years, departed the company yesterday. From what we understand, he was let go. He had been working on the Smackdown side of things.

OK, so I might be late to notice this. But Colt Cabana is still doing commentary on FCW. Anyone care to explain how?

Did Hurricane Helms violate the Wellness Policy again? I haven't seen him in a while.

Just got back from a Smackdown house show. Had some pretty good seats, right next to the guard rail. It was a lot of fun. If someone really cares, I can post the results. Made a few observations though.

Outside of Khali and Big Show, I was as tall or taller than everyone on the show. That threw me off. Then again, I'm 6'4. Vince needs to give me a contract.

Primo's hands are very soft.

Carlito has really bad bacne. I don't think I ever saw the bacne on TV, so this is my first time ever noticing it.

One guy who looked around my age got really excited about getting Jeff Hardy's sweat and various drippings on him. I found that amusing. And creepy.

On a side note, those armbands that Jeff wears look good on him. They do not however look good on people who are NOT Jeff Hardy.

source: PWInsider.com

According to the roster sheet for this past Monday's edition of Raw (which has leaked online), Candice Michelle is not expected back until March 18 at the earliest. As a result, she will be missing the next two weeks of Raw, and won't be seen on television until at least the 23rd. Regarding her absence, she is actually out with an injury.

Candice Michelle suffered an ankle injury about two weeks ago. She is expected back by early April, if not sooner, so she should be okay enough to compete in the reported 25 Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV.

Candice last appeared on Raw on the February 16, performing a run-in.

Her contract is up in October, and I can't see her renewing it. She did an interview where she hinted she wouldn't.

Burnt out, combined with a push being scaled back for never improving/somehow sucking worse as she went on and/or not screwing around on her husband while on the road... yeah she's lost her passion.

More like "Can't work to the point where she broke her collarbone, returns and immediately re-broke it, returned and nearly immediately injured her ankle".

To be fair, it's hard to improve when you can't get in the ring more than twice before re-injuring yourself. She's got enough modeling jobs to carry her over, she's not going to Ashley away into being a nobody.

World Wrestling Entertainment released developmental talent Ryan Braddock sometime in the last few days. Braddock, who has worked independents as Jay Bradley before being signed by the company, had done some enhancement work on the Smackdown brand but wasn't given much of any kind of television push.

Braddock, an Illinois native, was signed in December 2005. He held both the Deep South and Ohio Valley championships while working for those then-developmental promotions.

Braddock debuted on the Smackdown brand in August 2008. He was last seen on the brand defeating Festus by DQ before being wrapped up in duct tape and packing paper by Festus and Jesse as part of the "moving to MyNetworkTV" unspoken storyline during the final days Smackdown aired on the CW Network,.

In recent weeks, he had been doing a gimmick in Florida Championship Wrestling where he had been sitting ringside taking notes on competitors on a laptop computer.