TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

Did Hurricane Helms violate the Wellness Policy again? I haven't seen him in a while.

Leaked Raw script had him listed as out until Mar 20, in the same way Bourne and Candice were listed with a date. So, possibly injured.

World Wrestling Entertainment released developmental talent Ryan Braddock sometime in the last few days. Braddock, who has worked independents as Jay Bradley before being signed by the company, had done some enhancement work on the Smackdown brand but wasn't given much of any kind of television push.

Braddock, an Illinois native, was signed in December 2005. He held both the Deep South and Ohio Valley championships while working for those then-developmental promotions.

Braddock debuted on the Smackdown brand in August 2008. He was last seen on the brand defeating Festus by DQ before being wrapped up in duct tape and packing paper by Festus and Jesse as part of the "moving to MyNetworkTV" unspoken storyline during the final days Smackdown aired on the CW Network,.

In recent weeks, he had been doing a gimmick in Florida Championship Wrestling where he had been sitting ringside taking notes on competitors on a laptop computer.

Well there goes the York Foundation redux I was hoping for.

This 8 guys a year for the HOF is going to get funny in the next few years as we see more and more mid card guys careers trumpeted

Next we'll see Tatanka get into the HOF.

If this actually happens, blame me.

Nevermind. I had no idea my post was moved to the WM thread. Perhaps Venkman should start messaging people when he goes crazy and starts moving everything.

Unauthorized Tattoos!

Really though, does everyone need a thread if they're a former lesser-known developmental?

I went crazy and moved everything to the HOF thread.

I like that it's now at the point where I should be expected to announce to people that I moved a post TO THE APPROPRIATE THREAD THEY SHOULD HAVE USED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Ah, TSM Wrestling Folder folk. Nothing like 'em.

Nevermind. I had no idea my post was moved to the WM thread. Perhaps Venkman should start messaging people when he goes crazy and starts moving everything.

Unauthorized Tattoos!

Really though, does everyone need a thread if they're a former lesser-known developmental?

I made that thread just to annoy zio. I do things like that - the Mania 25 thread was renamed purposely because I know how much people like to bitch and moan about it being called the 25th Anniversary. Sadly, that move did not seem to upset anyone.

So Sarge being on the leaked script (as an ambassador) seems to indicate that he really is still on the payroll, as per his and Vince's 1990 agreement.

I only remember the one he had with Gorilla Monsoon; what deal did he cut with Sarge?

If Vince McMahon is anything, he's certainly a man of his word.

When Warrior wouldn't work unless Vince paid him the extra money he demanded that night, and Vince was forced to give it him to go out and work, Vince did give him the money before firing him.

Classy guy at times.

Didn't Jeff Jarrett get paid the $250k left on his contract in one lump sum upfront before he jobbed to Chyna on his last night?

Jarrett's 1997 return WWF contract was sick. He was arguably the highest-paid guy since Hulk Hogan before Steve Austin exploded.

Didn't Jeff Jarrett get paid the $250k left on his contract in one lump sum upfront before he jobbed to Chyna on his last night?

Jarrett's 1997 return WWF contract was sick. He was arguably the highest-paid guy since Hulk Hogan before Steve Austin exploded.

He blackballed them for 300k. Him and Russo worked together to make sure the match where he dropped the strap came after his contract had expired so he could do so.

When Warrior wouldn't work unless Vince paid him the extra money he demanded that night, and Vince was forced to give it him to go out and work, Vince did give him the money before firing him.

The disagreement actually went down a few months before Summerslam and was, seemingly, resolved then.

He blackballed them for 300k. Him and Russo worked together to make sure the match where he dropped the strap came after his contract had expired so he could do so.

It was closer to just under the 200k mark. And where did you hear it was a plot between he and Russo?

Argue it then. Where did this idea come from?

so I was just playing the demo for Legends Of Wrestlemania and I realized its been 10 years since Austin vs The Rock at Mania 15. Time really does fly. Seems like yesterday.

I could see Rey with a Rorscharch themed mask.

I hope that's what he does for his special WM entrance, complete with trenchcoat and fedora.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...and I'll look down and whisper "BOOYAKA BOOYAKA 6-1-9!"

So being bored at work I decided to have a look on the WrestleMania history section of WWE.com. They now have the main picture changed from Benoit and Eddie with all of the confetti changed to a zoomed in shot of just Eddie with the belt, and all of the confetti. Can't say I'm shocked by this, but I'm a little surprised that it took them that long to remove the Benoit pics from the site.

It was closer to just under the 200k mark. And where did you hear it was a plot between he and Russo?

Terry Taylor told me it was just under 280k and that Russo was very much in on it.

That Macho Man and Hogan banter is funny as hell. On twitter no less. Hogan compares Randy to JimH(Warrior) for living his gimmick. Figured the feud would be over by now.

Just saw the new Wrestlemania speical WWE magazine at the local store. No I didn't buy it, as I am now unemployed. But I did notice when they showed the results for all the manias, any match Benoit was in was either not mentioned, or vaguely described, like WM 20 now shows, "Triple H lost the World Championship". Wm 17, his match vs Angle is not mentioned at all. Not that I am shocked or anything, but still funny to read.

Just saw the new Wrestlemania speical WWE magazine at the local store. No I didn't buy it, as I am now unemployed. But I did notice when they showed the results for all the manias, any match Benoit was in was either not mentioned, or vaguely described, like WM 20 now shows, "Triple H lost the World Championship". Wm 17, his match vs Angle is not mentioned at all. Not that I am shocked or anything, but still funny to read.

WWE needs to figure out a way to reference Benoit in wrestling history, they can't write out a former World Champion forever.

I nominate just listing him as "that guy."

That Macho Man and Hogan banter is funny as hell. On twitter no less. Hogan compares Randy to JimH(Warrior) for living his gimmick. Figured the feud would be over by now.

Umm, you realize 'therealhulkhogan' isn't actually the real Hulk Hogan, right? :huh: