TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

I believe Foley and Warrior each sold pretty much all of their gear or most of it as well. So you can probably find a good deal of that stuff on ebay.

Foley had gear? Well I guess he had trunks and boots.

Rey Mysterio slipped on the ropes going for the 619 tonight in Lubbock. They went right to a pair of superkicks and the pin and Shawn Michaels immediately went to the outside. Medics checked on him for about 10 minutes and he had to be helped out and was limping on the way out. Looked like left leg.

Rey Mysterio slipped on the ropes going for the 619 tonight in Lubbock. They went right to a pair of superkicks and the pin and Shawn Michaels immediately went to the outside. Medics checked on him for about 10 minutes and he had to be helped out and was limping on the way out. Looked like left leg.

Possible 3rd WrestleMania in a row he misses with an injury. Shitty fuckin' luck!

Who reported that?

That sucks for Mysterio. That's horrible news. It's weird that he's done that move for such a long time and then one thing goes wrong. Hopefully he just has a minor injury.

First Rumble buys are projected at 446,000 worldwide with 246,000 domestic, both down a sizable amount from last year's final numbers.

Of note, UFC 93 (Henderson vs. Franklin) eight days before has been projected at 320,000 buys. This was the PPV that aired live at 3pm EST.

Source: WON.

I can see the Rumble having a low buy rate given that it was pretty obvious that Orton was going to win the Rumble match itself, and the general, idiot wrestling fan probably refused to pay to see a heel win.

Someone dug up a video of Mickie James on The Jenny Jones Show way back from 2000.

That's bizarre. She didn't even join WWE/OVW until 2004. Or is this just a case of the media calling any wrestling WWE/F?

Someone dug up a video of Mickie James on The Jenny Jones Show way back from 2000.

That's bizarre. She didn't even join WWE/OVW until 2004. Or is this just a case of the media calling any wrestling WWE/F?

Probably the latter.

I can see the Rumble having a low buy rate given that it was pretty obvious that Orton was going to win the Rumble match itself, and the general, idiot wrestling fan probably refused to pay to see a heel win.

The most alarming thing about that statistic is that their cash cow was advertised for the 2009 show, and nobody even expected Cena to show up the year before.

In the just released Observer, and I know people have been wondering about this for some reason, it's confirmed that Tomko was released 'some time back'. John Laurinaitis took heat for it because Tomko came in with a torn pec, and it was felt Laurinaitis should have had Tomko undergo a medical exam before hiring him.

Wouldn't it seem like common sense to give a potential employee a full medical before signing him?