TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

It was linked earlier, but I felt this needed a specific mention. It's from Kennedy's interview with The Sun. It's mad because no one's ever openly criticized the Wellness Policy publically like he just did. I wonder if there will be reprocussions for that.

The testing is ridiculous, I swear it is more rigorous than the NFL. I hear stories that when they get tested, they get told in advance. They get called up a month or two months ahead of time and are told 'You'll have a test on such-and-such a date'. So, if they are taking anything, they can stop taking it, get it out of their system, then take the test. I don't know how many times I've been tested this year. It seems like every time I go to TV, I get tested. There's a note up on the wall, and I have to go in front of a guy, pull my pants around my ankles, pull my shirt up to my armpits, and stand there and pee into a little cup. They watch the pee come out of the end of your willy. When you're doing it on a weekly basis, it tends to be a little much. But I do understand the health reasons. I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but we live in a free country, if I'm not hurting anybody, what's the big deal? I'm not hurting you. If I have health issues down the road, then I have health issues.

Yeah, well Nancy and Daniel say hi.

That's why I hate the whole 'personal choice issue' talking point. People's families don't have a choice do they? Also, it would require wrestling fans to basically ignore the huge body count piling up.

There's no proof that their deaths were caused by 'roid rage', but you do have a point about the body count.

It was linked earlier, but I felt this needed a specific mention. It's from Kennedy's interview with The Sun. It's mad because no one's ever openly criticized the Wellness Policy publically like he just did. I wonder if there will be reprocussions for that.

The testing is ridiculous, I swear it is more rigorous than the NFL. I hear stories that when they get tested, they get told in advance. They get called up a month or two months ahead of time and are told 'You'll have a test on such-and-such a date'. So, if they are taking anything, they can stop taking it, get it out of their system, then take the test. I don't know how many times I've been tested this year. It seems like every time I go to TV, I get tested. There's a note up on the wall, and I have to go in front of a guy, pull my pants around my ankles, pull my shirt up to my armpits, and stand there and pee into a little cup. They watch the pee come out of the end of your willy. When you're doing it on a weekly basis, it tends to be a little much. But I do understand the health reasons. I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but we live in a free country, if I'm not hurting anybody, what's the big deal? I'm not hurting you. If I have health issues down the road, then I have health issues.

Yeah, well Nancy and Daniel say hi.

That's why I hate the whole 'personal choice issue' talking point. People's families don't have a choice do they? Also, it would require wrestling fans to basically ignore the huge body count piling up.

There's no proof that their deaths were caused by 'roid rage', but you do have a point about the body count.

I agree about roid rage, and thought that was BS, but Benoit had a fair amount of drug issues in the years leading up to his death, besides steroids. I don't think what happened can be pinned on one thing exactly, but it didn't help that the man had serious drug issues.

My favorite feature on WWE.com-the Jack Swagger Photo of the Day-now has Jack Facts. Jack has never lost a game of pick up basketball AND he has saved a woman from a bear.

MATT%201%20(Small).jpg

"Get off my turf, motherfucker."

-- John Cena appeared in-studio on FOX News’s Hannity show tonight as part of the Great American Panel to talk about Barack Obama‘s use of an oversized teleprompter. Cena talked about memorizing his lines and said he didn’t get to use a teleprompter, but that Obama would feel at home on Monday Night RAW because they have a 52 foot jumbotron to look at. When asked if wrestling was real, he said it was as real as you make it. They promoted 12 Rounds with a short clip from the film.

Okay, in the last couple of days, Kennedy, Cena and Jericho have all had various digs at him. Kennedy even challenged him to a match. Obama= new mega heel.

-- John Cena appeared in-studio on FOX News’s Hannity show tonight as part of the Great American Panel to talk about Barack Obama‘s use of an oversized teleprompter. Cena talked about memorizing his lines and said he didn’t get to use a teleprompter, but that Obama would feel at home on Monday Night RAW because they have a 52 foot jumbotron to look at. When asked if wrestling was real, he said it was as real as you make it. They promoted 12 Rounds with a short clip from the film.

Okay, in the last couple of days, Kennedy, Cena and Jericho have all had various digs at him. Kennedy even challenged him to a match. Obama= new mega heel.

Has it been discussed that they are pretty much echoing the office viewpoint of President Obama?

As a member of the media (albeit just a hack at the local newspaper), I'm embarrassed for my profession that reporters on a national freaking cable channel still think they are clever asking if wrestling is "real."

Diva Watch 2009!

Was just watching "Attack of the Show" and they did a top ten countdown of the hottest divas. They chose Eve as #1. Quick question. Has she had implants since she joined WWE?

Aren't alot of wrestlers Republicans? It wouldn't surprised me if Cena, Jericho and Kennedy made those digs because they're registered Republicans.

The only wrestlers I have seen actively support Obama have been John Morrison, Booker T, BG James, Christopher Daniels, Taylor Wilde, CM Punk and Mick Foley.

Aren't alot of wrestlers Republicans? It wouldn't surprised me if Cena, Jericho and Kennedy made those digs because they're registered Republicans.

The only wrestlers I have seen actively support Obama have been John Morrison, Booker T, BG James, Christopher Daniels, Taylor Wilde, CM Punk and Mick Foley.

Most of them are Republican if for no other reason than the fact that since most of them make six figure incomes, they are right in the tax bracket the Dems like to take from the most. This is also the reason why so many wrestlers live in Florida, although I can't remember the exact tax reason, maybe no property or income tax?

Tino Standard

Kicking it on TSM since 2002

E-mail login glitch victim?

Sadly yes.

I know I'm not among the better-known posters on the board, but I was somewhat proud that I'd kept the same identity on here since I first created my account in '02, and I was thoroughly bummed when I came in one day and couldn't log in.

Most of them are Republican if for no other reason than the fact that since most of them make six figure incomes, they are right in the tax bracket the Dems like to take from the most. This is also the reason why so many wrestlers live in Florida, although I can't remember the exact tax reason, maybe no property or income tax?

no income tax..same as Texas and a few other assorted states

Diva Watch 2009!

Was just watching "Attack of the Show" and they did a top ten countdown of the hottest divas. They chose Eve as #1. Quick question. Has she had implants since she joined WWE?

I was wondering the same thing a few months ago when they had HHH cut a promo about them (before revealing he was referring to her necklace).

Elijah Burke was a really outspoken Obama supporter on his WWE.com blog too.

In a positive light I assume.

Yeah. They showed a replay of when a guy flipped Blake Griffin over his back on purpose and the announcer said something about Vince McMahon looking to pick him up in the draft lottery or something.

Hulk Hogan is another Obama supporter, brother!

MTV.com interviewed John Cena yesterday and instead of focusing on Cena's movie "12 Rounds," they spent the whole piece talking about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as both have ventured into acting.

Cena did the usual "I love wrestling and will never leave it no matter what stuff" that he has been doing for a while now. He said that the fans are hold it against Johnson that he left them behind for Hollywood.

Then, he finally swung for the fences when he said, "I've been trying to wrestle him. It's not that I don't think he'll accept the challenge; he truly has a full plate. I think our fans would like to see him come back to the ring. Dwayne Johnson or the Rock or whatever he wants call himself vs. John Cena. Let's say 'WrestleMania 26' in Phoenix."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1607906/2...326/story.jhtml

He said that the fans are hold it against Johnson that he left them behind for Hollywood.

Oh this is just pandering. Who in their right mind actually thinks that?

Hulk Hogan is another Obama supporter, brother!

When Batista was on Hannity and Colmes last year, he also hinted that he was, in fact, a Democrat.