TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

Tommy Dreamer on WWE.com blogged about his disappointment of not having a Wrestlemania match. Dreamer said he is retiring from the ring in April. "Yes I am beyond disappointed I am not having a match," he wrote. "Actually I read my New Year's Resolutions blog and I have failed on 2 out of 3 of them - being in the Royal Rumble and having a match at WrestleMania." (credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere. Just thought that was interesting, whether it is part of his angle or truth.

I thought the storyline was that if Dreamer couldn't win The ECW Title by June 4-5,(when his contract was up), he would retire? I guess they dropped that.

I thought the storyline was that if Dreamer couldn't win The ECW Title by June 4-5,(when his contract was up), he would retire? I guess they dropped that.

Somebody must have realized that for that storyline to work out, Dreamer was going to have to actually win matches in order to earn his way into a #1 contender's match, let alone into a title match.

I don't think the dream was that farfetched, really. Not like he's asking for a Flair farewell, but to be 1 of 30 guys (easily could've put off Santino's 1 second appearance another year) in the Rumble and to have some sort of match (put him in MITB: ties into the storyline, he's versed enough in weapons to hold his own and he's willing to take a ridiculous bump for the sake of the match) at Wrestlemania.

The only wrestlers I have seen actively support Obama have been John Morrison, Booker T, BG James, Christopher Daniels, Taylor Wilde, CM Punk and Mick Foley.

Elijah Burke was a really outspoken Obama supporter on his WWE.com blog too.

Hulk Hogan is another Obama supporter, brother!

When Batista was on Hannity and Colmes last year, he also hinted that he was, in fact, a Democrat.

When The Rock was on The Jimmy Kimmel Show recently, he mentioned that he was an Obama supporter. He even got to have a telephone conversation with him! Turns out that they have alot in common.

When The Rock was on The Jimmy Kimmel Show recently, he mentioned that he was an Obama supporter. He even got to have a telephone conversation with him! Turns out that they have alot in common.

What happens when you combine The Rock with Barack Obama - FCW Developmental Abraham Obama Washington

IMG_7361wtmk.jpg

IMG_7364wtmk.jpg

(Photo credit - Robert Beukema)

Guys, i'm going to have to advertise this in here since i'm not sure people read the actual Fantasy threads..

With the recent situation a lot of people have decided not to come back to TSM and have left to join their 'new' TSM. I chose not to leave but unfortunately a number of people who play the Fantasy game have dropped out now, so I'm asking people again if they'd like to play the next season that starts a week today.

Sorry for the basic spam message, but we need a few more players now.

I'll never understand why there is so much drama in running a message board. Of course I never venture outside of the wrestling forums, so maybe thats why I'm in the dark regarding te politics of the board.

Regarding Abraham Saddam Washington, he's supposed to have crazy charisma, dwarfs anything FCW has ever had, but I never hear about his ringwork, so I fear he's probably green as hell.

I'll never understand why there is so much drama in running a message board. Of course I never venture outside of the wrestling forums, so maybe thats why I'm in the dark regarding te politics of the board.

Regarding Abraham Saddam Washington, he's supposed to have crazy charisma, dwarfs anything FCW has ever had, but I never hear about his ringwork, so I fear he's probably green as hell.

If that's the case, he'd be one to watch. You can teach ring-work, but if he's got the charisma... he's got the most important thing already.

If that's the case, he'd be one to watch. You can teach ring-work, but if he's got the charisma... he's got the most important thing already.

Knowing WWE though, this is what will happen with the guy. They'll get ready to call him up, then inform him that he is getting a completely different ring name, and gimmick (possibly a Silent Black Ninja), and will debut on ECW.

No, of course not. Just saying it would seem like typical WWE to have this guy do this gimmick in their training fed, and get comfortable with it, getting down all the little mannerisms and such. Then, when they call him up to the main roster, completely change everything, and basically have him start from scratch. I believe they did this with Santino.

You don't honestly expect them to give him the name Abraham Obama Washington do you?

Edit:

I mean on the main roster of Raw, SmackDown! or ECW.

If they'd drop the Obama part, I think he could use "Abraham Washington" in a variety of gimmicks, none being presidential in nature - it has a certain ring to it.

That being said... he probably would get completely repackaged and lost in the shuffle.

Is his name Abraham OBAMA Washington or Abraham SADAM Washington? I've seen both ways on here and "news" sites. Plus on his shirt at the bottom it has A.S.W.

http://podcasts.hesserlaw.net

Interesting podcast with former WWE writer, Andrew Goldstein. You know I used to think writing for WWE would be awesome, but looking at all the interviews with the ex writers, I don't think any of them had anything but terrible things to say about WWE, the creative process, office politics or working with the McMahons. There was a good article in powerslam magazine about it, and it really shed a lot of light onto why none of the WWE writers ever last long. For all the shit they get, I have more sympathy for them than perhaps anyone else in the company.

Interesting podcast with former WWE writer, Andrew Goldstein. You know I used to think writing for WWE would be awesome, but looking at all the interviews with the ex writers, I don't think any of them had anything but terrible things to say about WWE, the creative process, office politics or working with the McMahons. There was a good article in powerslam magazine about it, and it really shed a lot of light onto why none of the WWE writers ever last long. For all the shit they get, I have more sympathy for them than perhaps anyone else in the company.

What explains Gerwitz then? Hasn't he been there like forever?

The only ones that seem to last are the Yes men, and the ones that manage to play politics well. I don't think Gerwitz challenges Vince or Stephanie on anything major, and generally just pushes for comedy angles, that they like anyway.

The only ones that seem to last are the Yes men, and the ones that manage to play politics well. I don't think Gerwitz challenges Vince or Stephanie on anything major, and generally just pushes for comedy angles, that they like anyway.

To further support the yes-man claim, Gerwitz is supposedly a big fan of the 80's-era WWF... cartoon gimmicks and all.

It's been eight years now.. When are WWE fans going to drop the 'WHAT?'

Unfortunately, not in time for the Hall of Fame ceremony this Saturday. I'm afraid Austin's speech will be ruined by it.