TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

NHL Discussion

The Sens did all of nothing. Re-upping Kuba wasn't bad and the Campoli trade remains excellent. I'm not happy with the Vermette deal. I don't think Leclaire is much of an answer at all and giving up Vermette kinda sucks. Although the pick is nice.

Not trading Neil was retarted. I would've taken ANYTHING for him. A nice 3rd rounder would've made me happy. If they resign his useless ass now, I'll flip.

As for the Penguins...Bill Guerin? Really? Didn't they learn anything from his 0 goals as a rental for the Sharks, 2 years ago?

Guest Czech please!

Ducks also got Kontiola. He's going to be quite good. We got a guy with mono. They won that trade.

Yeah, the Leafs just basically took on Kolzig's salary so they could get another draft pick. Is he even going to play again this year (or ever)?

I'm still not really sure why the Leafs picked up Gerber. I know that Toskala's out, but just throw Pogge in there and give Joseph a start once and a while.

Yeah, the Leafs just basically took on Kolzig's salary so they could get another draft pick. Is he even going to play again this year (or ever)?

I'm still not really sure why the Leafs picked up Gerber. I know that Toskala's out, but just throw Pogge in there and give Joseph a start once and a while.

He's basically an expiring contract. Since when hockey become the NBA? It's Bettman's dream

Guest Czech please!

Yeah, what happened to the old days of the trade deadline, where it'd just be Ken Holland going "I want that guy! Here's a 5th round draft pick," and "I want that guy! Here's a pile of dung from the Toledo Storm," and "I want that guy! Here's some real estate in Corktown we won't be needing," but they changed the system to be more like the NBA and keep the Red Wings from alwa

oh fuck

As someone at yahoo! said, I can't believe the NHL even approved the Kolzig deal. I'm trying to see if anyone did any analysis besides WTF and got none.

Really? Tampa couldn't afford him for 20 more games?

"... there's no secrets in television anymore... we know you got Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward, Andy Rogers and a 4th round pick for Richard Petiot from the Marlies... can you explain that deal to us?"

Burke: "No"

Why wouldn't they approve it? It isn't egregiously terrible. The only deals the NHL should be denying are the likes of Kovalchuk for a 7th round pick.

The Leafs traded for two guys who are injured, plus some other guy and a 4th round pick, for some loser on the Marlies.

It's just a weird trade

Petiot has NHL talent, but the health of a 12 year old with AIDS. The Lightning are giving the likes of David Koci minutes on defense. I think Petiot will get a shot.

I like what the Bruins did.

Dealing away Lashoff doesn't hurt the defensive depth. Chara, Wideman, Ward, Ference, Montador, Stuart/Hnidy/Hunwick. Montador is a solid addition to the defense without giving up a ton. As I said earlier in the thread, Nokelainen is made of balsa wood. He can't stay healthy but still plays a style that's not conducive to staying healthy. And Karsums is a small forward who lacks the speed or shiftiness to not get murdered at the NHL level. Recchi instantly makes their powerplay better as it hopefully gets Axelsson the fuck off of the powerplay.

Wheeler/Ryder-Savard-Recchi

Bergeron-Chara

Kessel-Krejci-Kobasew/Lucic

Montador/Wideman-Ference/Hunwick

Lucic-Savard-Kessel

Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler

Axelsson-Bergeron-Kobasew

Thornton-Yelle-Bitz

Chara-Ward

Wideman-Montador

Ference-Hunwick/Hnidy/Stuart

I like that team in the playoffs.

The Leafs traded for two guys who are injured, plus some other guy and a 4th round pick, for some loser on the Marlies.

It's just a weird trade

It boils down to the Leafs paying for a draft pick

You can think of this as your first real taste of being a Kings fan!

But hey, they're going to be a mover this offseason. It's gonna be playoffs or everyone gets fired.

I'm really going to miss Scottie Upshall. The interview he gave CSN before he left for Phoenix had him almost breaking down and his mouth was quivering the whole time. He knew he was loved here and he loved it here. Obviously he wasn't as big as Brian Dawkins, but two fan favorites leaving town in five days sucks.

The ATDHE stream of the Kings game isn't working...

Here's one if you still want it.

http://www.justin.tv/cboxx

Of course, you have to deal with everyone saying Kane Kopitar Kovalchuk about a million times...

This team's offense, even with Justin Williams in the lineup, will be horrendous. It is just the worst goddamn offense in the league. Goes without saying maybe we should trade for someone else too.

Work.

I'm convinced that Carey Price is still hurt.

I don't think its as much an injury as it is an issue with his confidence. He seems to be really tentative. I don't know if his head isn't into the game or what, but the kid has got to get out of the funk he is in.

Or it could be that Carey Price really isn't the next greatest Montreal goaltender of all time and is merely an above average prospect that was pushed too soon.

I agree with the above statement. You can't make statements like what was said above about players like Crosby and Ovechkin because they've lived up to the hype. But Price has done nothing that makes him better than any other average NHL goalie.