TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

NHL Discussion

But Price has done nothing that makes him better than any other average NHL goalie.

Staring down Patrick Kane in the best hockey game ever comes to mind.

Sadly, it's all been downhill since. He's been pretty good in the regular seasons so far, but wide-eyed in the playoffs, and the same since the All-Star Game.

Hey, if Montreal didn't give up 40+ shots every game, their goaltending might be better.

But then the goals he let in....makes Andre Racicot look like a Vezina trophy candidate

Christ, it's time to put Alexander Semin among the top 5 in the league in terms of natural talent and ability. What a goal. Great sequence by Backstrom as well.

Geez, this MTL/DAL game has no business being tied. Dallas just basically gave Montreal all the momentum by not capitalizing on all those power play opportunities. How they don't score at least three, even four goals, is really terrible.

Carbo fired in Montreal

Wonder if this will pave the way for Patrick Roy to take over the team next year?

It was only a matter of time. The team lost faith in Carbo since Christmas and this was expected. Montreal poor play defensively cost him his job.

I went to the Caps/Penguins game on Sunday. Was a very fun game, even though the Caps lost. The Penguins fans all act like they pulled off something impressive, even though the Caps are 3-0-1 against them this year. It took the gimmicked shoot out for the Caps to lose.

I'm so pumped for Tuesday.

Anyone know where you can torrent hockey games? NHL Centre Ice fucked up and didn't record Canucks v. Kings or Leafs v. Flames

A 5 minute penalty on Coburn for a high stick? Stupid. I hate to blame refs, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. We've taken too many penalties, but Antropov dropped like he'd been shot after a shove. Much like Dubinsky yesterday after the Richards hit. So fucking retarded.

That was a really great game last night between the Kings and the Sharks. The Kings looked amazing defensively, and Ersberg was brilliant in goal- easily the best he's performed in months (since his injury) and perhaps the best he's ever played.

While the end result was slightly disappointing, 1 point against the Sharks was more than I had expected.

Their D was solid today. They were back-checking well and the defense wasn't giving up the blue line like they were in that Calgary comeback. Ericsson is definitely a stud in the making.

Bob, did you see the Avs-Canucks? What kind of a game was it? I stopped at bar for a quick one after work, and Sportscentre listed the shots through forty as five for Colorado, nine for Vancouver. After two periods? The hell?

Yes, I watched the game. The shots were 9-5 after one.

The Nucks scored three early goals (including an insane play by Burrows) and just sat back for the next 40 minutes. When the Avs scored early in the third, they played playing not to lose hockey. Edler got the dagger goal with 1:13 left, which was great, since now Ohlund is the all time leading defenseman scorer in Canucks history.