TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

NHL Discussion

I enjoyed seeing him have passion. He's kinda wooden normally, so I side with him on those goals.

What's mind boggling is that they don't have replays in the AHL. You have to rely on their officiating which is worse than the NHL's.

I was watching the game on FF after they went down 3-0, and oh man, that's hilarious.

This team. Before the couldn't win at home, now they can't win on the road

That game was fucking unbelievable, they've kicked insane amounts of ass lately and then they shit the bed against the Coyotes???

I stopped watching after they scored on their own goal.

A couple of weeks ago I was so happy about Sundin scoring the shootout goal against the Leafs, that I bought a $50 knockoff jersey.

We've been there

This might depress you even more... My friend who is a huge Red Wings fan, got his Zetteberg jersey signed by Zetteberg himself, for free yesterday.

Thought this was interesting to look at in terms of whether scoring has increased or not post lock out in terms of both teams topping 6 goals in games (i.e. 4-2 or 5-1 for example). I think it's interesting to see the drop as teams adapt to the playing style and learn how to defend it.

2003 Average Goals Per Game: 1 team at 6 GPG total (Ottawa led scoring with 3.20 GPG)

2005 Average Goals Per Game: 21 teams at 6 GPG total (Ottawa led scoring with 3.83 GPG)

2006 Average Goals Per Game: 14 teams at 6 GPG total (Buffalo led scoring with 3.76 GPG)

2007 Average Goals Per Game: 4 teams at 6 GPG total (Montreal led scoring with 3.20 GPG)

2008 Average Goals Per Game: 8 teams at 6 GPG total (Detroit leads scoring 3.74 GPG)

Next time then I'll have to do that or figure out what hotel they stay at when they're here.

Usually at the Pallisar in Calgary. Odd times the Hyatt.

Next time then I'll have to do that or figure out what hotel they stay at when they're here.

Usually at the Pallisar in Calgary. Odd times the Hyatt.

Yeah I heard it was one of those two. Anyway, much better overall effort tonight. Amazing what can happen when you get competent goaltending.

Devils better hope they don't face the Rangers in the 1st round, because if any team can upset them in the 1st round... I think it could be them.

Steve Mason is your Hart Trophy winner. Hands down.

Not since Espo in 1970 has a rookie hit ten shutouts.

While a win over the Lightning doesn't mean a parade is imminent, this is a huge win for the Habs:

* A win over a team they've struggled with this season gives me a little confidence for any potential run-in with the Bruins. I know that sounds more like a preview for Wrestlemania than the playoffs, but, I can dream, can't i?

* They shouldn't have blown the lead, but they didn't roll over and play dead after Tampa's comeback.

* This ties into my above point, but surely the Habs had their eyes on the out-of-town scoreboard tonight, and still won to keep pace with the Panthers.

I'm sick like hell of pulling for the Sabres, but I may have to once more to satsify a bunch of small bets some buddies and I made. In fact, it could benefit me if they played like hell Friday night and ran on fumes at the Bell Centre Saturday. Baby steps, though.

Steve Mason is your Hart Trophy winner. Hands down.

Not since Espo in 1970 has a rookie hit ten shutouts.

While a win over the Lightning doesn't mean a parade is imminent, this is a huge win for the Habs:

* A win over a team they've struggled with this season gives me a little confidence for any potential run-in with the Bruins. I know that sounds more like a preview for Wrestlemania than the playoffs, but, I can dream, can't i?

* They shouldn't have blown the lead, but they didn't roll over and play dead after Tampa's comeback.

* This ties into my above point, but surely the Habs had their eyes on the out-of-town scoreboard tonight, and still won to keep pace with the Panthers.

I'm sick like hell of pulling for the Sabres, but I may have to once more to satsify a bunch of small bets some buddies and I made. In fact, it could benefit me if they played like hell Friday night and ran on fumes at the Bell Centre Saturday. Baby steps, though.

Hey if they win one more, that's a winning streak!