TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

This week in the NBA (Mar. 1-7)

I can't believe the Lakers lost 2 in a row, especially this one to a depleted Suns team that they whipped the other night. 3 games in 4 days does take a toll, I suppose.

Alfdogg can post the schedule. I don't want to reformat it.

Thanks, slipped my mind last night.

Sun, Mar. 1

Detroit @ Boston, 1:00 ABC

LA Lakers @ Phoenix, 3:30 ABC

New Orleans @ New Jersey, 6:00

Denver @ Indiana, 7:00

Houston @ Minnesota, 7:00

Cleveland @ Atlanta, 8:00 ESPN

San Antonio @ Portland, 8:00

Toronto @ Dallas, 9:00

Utah @ Golden State, 9:00

Mon, Mar. 2

New Orleans @ Philadelphia, 7:00

Atlanta @ Washington, 7:00

Cleveland @ Miami, 7:30

Dallas @ Oklahoma City, 8:00 NBATV

San Antonio @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Tue, Mar. 3

Chicago @ Charlotte, 7:00

Phoenix @ Orlando, 7:00 NBATV

Denver @ Detroit, 7:30

New Jersey @ Milwaukee, 8:00

Golden State @ Minnesota, 8:00

Toronto @ Houston, 8:30

Indiana @ Sacramento, 10:00

Memphis @ LA Lakers, 10:30

Wed, Mar. 4

Milwaukee @ Cleveland, 7:00

Phoenix @ Miami, 7:30

Boston @ New Jersey, 7:30

Atlanta @ New York, 7:30

Washington @ Oklahoma City, 8:00

Golden State @ Chicago, 8:30

San Antonio @ Dallas, 9:00 ESPN

Houston @ Utah, 9:00

Indiana @ Portland, 10:00

Memphis @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Thu, Mar. 5

Dallas @ New Orleans, 8:00 TNT

Portland @ Denver, 10:30 TNT

Fri, Mar. 6

Atlanta @ Charlotte, 7:00

New Jersey @ Orlando, 7:00

Miami @ Toronto, 7:00

Cleveland @ Boston, 8:00 ESPN

Golden State @ Detroit, 8:00

Milwaukee @ Chicago, 8:30

Phoenix @ Houston, 8:30

Washington @ San Antonio, 8:30

Minnesota @ LA Lakers, 10:30

Denver @ Utah, 10:30 ESPN

Sat, Mar. 7

Detroit @ Atlanta, 7:00

Miami @ Cleveland, 7:30

Charlotte @ New York, 7:30

Philadelphia @ Memphis, 8:00

Oklahoma City @ New Orleans, 8:00

Washington @ Dallas, 8:30 NBATV

Golden State @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Minnesota @ Portland, 10:00

Indiana @ LA Clippers, 10:30

If you think you hate the Cavs now, try watching the Fox Sports Ohio feed for some fabulous color commentary from Austin Carr if you get the chance . . .

Get that weak stuff out of here!

Guest Vitamin X

Jesus- hopefully if San Antonio and Portland have to meet in the playoffs, Portland will have home-court.

Considering the man alongside Austin Carr used to annoy people when he was working for the Pistons, I would expect nothing less than what I heard, even though that duo makes me laugh.

If you think you hate the Cavs now, try watching the Fox Sports Ohio feed for some fabulous color commentary from Austin Carr if you get the chance . . .

Get that weak stuff out of here!

Austin Carr is one of the many things I miss about NE Ohio after graduating from Kent State. I thought there would be more bitching by know about the call LeBron got at the end, I'm just glad a team that I like actually gets some breaks.

Considering the man alongside Austin Carr used to annoy people when he was working for the Pistons, I would expect nothing less than what I heard, even though that duo makes me laugh.

Yeah, Fred McLeod is passable at best. In no way should Gilbert have fired Michael Reghi in favor of him but when Austin Carr is happy, the whole world smiles.

Considering it's been 45 years since a Cleveland team has won a championship, I don't think anyone around these parts gives a shit about the rest of the country complaining about LeBron getting all the calls or whatnot. The guy seems to drive to the hoop 70% of the time he gets the ball so obviously it's natural he'll spend his fair share of time at the line.

The Kings bought out Drew Gooden and word has it he's on his way to San Antonio.

Boston really jumped the gun on the Mikki Moore signing. They managed to miss out on Joe Smith and Drew Gooden.

Stromile Swift was also bought out by the Nets, and has interest from Phoenix. Heard this on ESPN Radio.

Pacers get a nice win in Sacramento to kick off a three-game West swing. Big chance to move up in the standings this week if we can get the Blazers and Clippers, with some tough games ahead for the Bucks, Nets and Bulls.

Iverson should come off the bench with the non-scorers (Maxiell, Amir, Hermann, Afflalo), rebounders, defenders, role players (ie - 4 stiffs as CWebb put it). The starting lineup just sucks with him out there, there's no flow to the offense, for Iverson to play well he has to dominate the ball... when he tries to play a team game, he is mediocre. Not to mention him being such a black hole on defense created havok.

If he's unhappy with that, boo hoo, he's can make up a reason to sit out, he's just a massive expiring contract anyways.

Iverson should come off the bench with the non-scorers (Maxiell, Amir, Hermann, Afflalo), rebounders, defenders, role players (ie - 4 stiffs as CWebb put it). The starting lineup just sucks with him out there, there's no flow to the offense, for Iverson to play well he has to dominate the ball... when he tries to play a team game, he is mediocre. Not to mention him being such a black hole on defense created havok.

If he's unhappy with that, boo hoo, he's can make up a reason to sit out, he's just a massive expiring contract anyways.

Thats a brilliant idea. Someone send this to Curry.

Buyout fallout:

-Sacramento Bee says that Drew Gooden will join the Spurs after he clears waivers today.

-Joe Smith has agreed to a contract with the Cavs, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

-Also, Stromile Swift to the Suns and Luther Head to the Heat.

Boston is on a complete downward slide now. I'm hoping there's a switch they can turn on for the playoffs, because if there isn't then they may not ever make it to the East Finals!

Portland gets bailed out on a bullshit foul with 1.7 seconds, and the Pacers can't capitalize on losses by the Bucks and Nets.

Guest Vitamin X

Fuckin' you're a bullshit foul. That was legit. Good game, though.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Sources within the Clippers organization told Starting Blocks that owner Donald Sterling went on a profanity-laced tirade inside the locker room and threatened to trade the entire team.

Too bad the trade deadline has passed.

Sterling, according to the sources, blasted players by name, including the team's second-leading scorer Al Thornton. In one exchange, Sterling called Thornton the most selfish basketball player he has ever seen. When Thornton asked coach Mike Dunleavy (who was standing nearby) how he was playing, before he could answer Sterling told Dunleavy to "shut up" according to one of the sources.

Besides his consistent losing team, Sterling has other issues. Former GM Elgin Baylor sued Sterling, alleging employment discrimination.

"After that (tirade) the guys don't even want to play for him," said one of the sources. "It'll be hard."

Guest Vitamin X

Someone just needs to buy that team up and move them somewhere. What a farce.

They are horrible though.

How does a guy with a team logo in his avatar miss something as obvious for them struggling as Garnett being gone?

Because in the past they've typically done very well without Garnett in the lineup. Until this injury I believe they were 5-0 without him.

And if you watch the games they lost with him in there (especially that losing streak early in the season) they looked to have struggles with some good teams. When they got blown out by the Cavs in Cleveland was just bad.

Yeah Garnett is going to cause some problems, but I don't think his absence is as big as you guys are making it out to be because of the fact they have done well without him in the past.

YouTube comment on Adrianna Lima's recent marriage to Marko Jaric.

i heard the myspace was fake and that she denied she was pregnant. Marko is so lucky. Why did she have to get married 3 days after i met her in person. wtf. Hopefully she kept her word about being a virgin until marriage, if she just did this to get some MARKO Sausage,well then thats just disappointing. Congrats to her though and marko too.

Boston is on a complete downward slide now. I'm hoping there's a switch they can turn on for the playoffs, because if there isn't then they may not ever make it to the East Finals!

I think it may have a bit to do with this:

stephon_marbury_embroils_celtics?

"Weird thing is, he kept calling the other guys moors, which is just really messed up," the 12-time all-star said. "I mean, what is that, anyway? He didn't say it like it was a good thing. If he plays good basketball he can do what he wants, but I'm not going to listen to anyone call me or my guys moors."