TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWE Smackdown - March 6, 2009

I'm here in the arena kinda bored so far, so I figured I'd keep you guys updated

Dark Match:

Eric Escobar def Kizarny

Smackdown 3/6

Show opens w/ Undertaker in the ring cutting a promo on Michaels

Jeff Hardy backstage with Vicky, says he won't wrestle Matt at WM

MVP def Matt Hardy to qualify for MITB

R-Truth def Chavo

Edge / Big Show contract signing went no where until Cena ran in at the end and beat up both guys. Contract wasn't signed

Maryse def Eve after the match Melina ran in and beat up Maryse. Real bad match here.

Edge complains to Vicky about Cena backstage. Vicky cries and says contract will be signed on RAW Monday

Shelton def Jeff via DQ to qualify for MITB when Matt comes out and hits Shelton to get Jeff DQd

Triple H and Umaga go 3 minutes until Legacy comes and assaults Triple H. This made no sense to me given Ortons no contact stip on RAW, but what do I know?

End of show 1

I say that this Monday for the contract signing, they should do like WrestleMania XX and have Cena sign in Big Show's name spot, forcing the Triple Threat Match if that's what they're planning on doing.

I'd kind of like to see this be the year the MITB holder fails. Say Shelton or MVP win, they continue to be built for a while, but burn it in a match (as they'd be the type to use it that way) that's good, competitive, and manages to put them over strong, making them a contender anyway. It's risky and could easily backfire, however.

I'd kind of like to see this be the year the MITB holder fails. Say Shelton or MVP win, they continue to be built for a while, but burn it in a match (as they'd be the type to use it that way) that's good, competitive, and manages to put them over strong, making them a contender anyway. It's risky and could easily backfire, however.

Might be good impetus for a babyface to go heel. Comes up short as the only one not win with MITB and snaps as a result.

Hmm...looks like neither US or IC titles this time at WrestleMania.

*Misses the days when all the titles were defended at WrestleMania.

...then again, those days were when there were only 3-5 titles insted of the 9 we have now.

I've pretty much accepted Night of Champions as the one PPV where the titles will actually be showcased. If any of the mid-card belts get something at Mania, that's cool but its pretty unlikely these days.

Triple H and Umaga go 3 minutes until Legacy comes and assaults Triple H. This made no sense to me given Ortons no contact stip on RAW, but what do I know?

Maybe the contract isn't signed yet? Kinda like when Austin and HHH agreed, and then HHH attacked Austin, THEN signed it.

Pure awesome and a cruel sense of irony, if that's the case.

I would like to see Shelton win MITB this year. He has been at midcard champ level for what, 4 years now? He is probably the hottest he has been since he was first drafted to Raw and beat Triple H and he has been in the match every year the have had it (maybe missing one, I do not think so though).

This Matt/Jeff stuff is a waste of Jeff Hardy at WM if that is where they are going. Given that Matt jobbed clean to MVP it's not like they are even trying to make some pretense of pushing him as a heel. This can't just be a singles match at WM. Why not have Jeff wrestle Matt in the opener and then get a title shot at the end of the show vs. the Edge/Cena/Show winner? It strengthens a mediocre title scene as well as spices up an undercard feud.

Maybe the contract isn't signed yet? Kinda like when Austin and HHH agreed, and then HHH attacked Austin, THEN signed it.

Is HHH going to press charges against himself since Orton touched him? I think it was just a one way street.

So the contract for the SmackDown Title Match will be signed on RAW. Fucking stupid.

Well, both titles belong to SmackDown right now and Vickie is the GM of both shows, so she can have things where she pleases. Just pretend this thought process all went down off camera.

So the contract for the SmackDown Title Match will be signed on RAW. Fucking stupid.

Well, both titles belong to SmackDown right now and Vickie is the GM of both shows, so she can have things where she pleases. Just pretend this thought process all went down off camera.

That is still technically RAW's Title, only Edge is a SmackDown wrestler. Triple H holds the SD Title.

Is HHH going to press charges against himself since Orton touched him? I think it was just a one way street.

Logically speaking, If Orton touches HHH without provocation, then the match is cancelled, and he won't have his title match at WrestleMania since the contract would become void. Meh, we'll have to watch it before we find out how stupid it really is.

This is like reading the iMPACT! spoiler thread.

Logically speaking, If Orton touches HHH without provocation, then the match is cancelled, and he won't have his title match at WrestleMania since the contract would become void. Meh, we'll have to watch it before we find out how stupid it really is.

This is like reading the iMPACT! spoiler thread.

Except Truthiness will completely do a 180 and side with the unaired program you mean?

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8543/

'Opens with an Undertaker promo talking about his match with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania. He accepts Shawn's challenge. He has his promo interruped by a video package showing Michaels' Wrestlemaina highlights'

Awesome.

Good to see that Shawn will be playing the subtle heel in this one.

All three of them attacked Hunter. It was a pretty long beatdown too. Over 5 minutes of them just kicking the crap out of him.

Facing fears

World Heavyweight Champion Edge will come face-to-face with his Big Show when the two sign the contract on SmackDown for their encounter at the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania. Edge's wife made the match on Raw

Rekindled Rivalry

Matt Hardy and MVP will go one-on-one on SmackDown with a trip to the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in the balance. Which one of the former tag team champions (and rivals) will earn themselves a place at the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania?