TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Agent of Oblivion question of the day

Guest Agent of Oblivion
How many states and countries have you visited? Which one was the shittiest?

I haven't really traveled that much. I haven't been out of the country other than to piss on Canada on a canoe trip in the boundary waters. I've been to most of the states in the northeast and south, but haven't been west much other than Vegas once and into California for like a day.

West Virginia seems like a shithole--an extension of eastern Kentucky.

In Canada: Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia... Calgary Alberta was the shittiest. They have this little tower thing that's supposed to be like the CN Tower, but it's like half it's size. Fuck you EHME.

I haven't been to the East Coast, but want to go there next.

Outside of Canada: Florida, Jamaica... Jamaica rules.

Let's see...

Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, both Dakotas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, Montana, Viriginia, North Carolina, Georgia, West Virginia, Tennessee...

Countries, Brazil.

Truth be told I disliked Nebraska and Oklahoma the most, I grew up near mountains, the lack of scenery other than flat fields was shitty.

pretty much visited every state on the Eastern seaboard, down to Gorgia. been to Canada a couple times, once to Niagra/Toronto and once to Montreal. then we vacationed once to Vegas and southern Cali, where we spent half a day in Tijuana.

i can't say which was shittest. camping a few years ago in Maine sucked because it poured every fucking day.

Countries: US, Canada, Mexico, England, Netherlands, Italy, and Japan.

States: California, Washington, Hawaii, Utah, Colorado, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Nevada.

Vacationwise, I spent the most time in Michigan. Grand Rapids specifically, and it's not very fun. Lots of old people.

I wish I kept that facebook application, I could just reference that...

Countries: Canada (home), United States.

Provinces: Ontario (live here, visited friends in London and Toronto), Quebec (a school trip to Quebec City and Montreal in 1995 and Montreal in 2000).

States: Michigan (lots of trips to Detroit - I'm in a border city and think flaming cheese / "queso flamadeo" and super nachos from Mexicantown are godly foods), Ohio (Cedar Point!), Pennsylvania (a few hours in Scranton with a friend to take in some Office related sights, also been to Pittsburgh for a day for no real reason and have stayed in various small towns as a stopover on a larger trip), New York (NYC, a day trip to Buffalo, drove through the state last summer), New Jersey (Atlantic City, home base for NYC based trips), Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, D.C. (more or less all part of one trip, though West Virginia was part of a drive to Baltimore last year, which was a different trip than usual), Indiana (overnight stay in Indianapolis en route to Kansas), Missouri (day trip to St. Louis, watched the Tigers play the Royals in 2006), Kansas (stayed in Overland Park between the previously mentioned Royals/Tigers games), Iowa (night stay), Wisconsin (night stay, drive through), Minneapolis (Tigers vs. Twins games in 2007), Nevada (a few different quick trips to Vegas), Illinois (Chicago in 1998 and 2008, an overnight stay in 2006)... I think that's it but I might be missing a few random drive through / overnight stays. Oh, Florida in the early / mid 90s to visit my grandparents. Spent an hour in Memphis, Tennessee at an airport in 1991 (the flight we had to Florida had a stop over here).

It's hard to vote for the worst because I enjoy travelling and have never really had a bad experience. I was going to say "Michigan" just because, but then I remembered how awesome the drive through the the upper peninsula was in September 2007. I wasn't in Wisconsin long enough to develop a bad opinion of it. Maybe Nevada because I found Vegas a bit overrated (and every damned machine I touched when I went in November game me an electric shock, and the air seemed really dry).

How many states and countries have you visited? Which one was the shittiest?

Alabama

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wyoming

Provinces:

British Columbia

Alberta

Ontario

Quebec

Countries:

France

England

Austria

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Hungary

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Costa Rica

Panama

Mexico

Worst State: North Carolina

The only counties I've been in besides the US are Canada and Mexico.

As for states, let me try to recall them all: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, Texas, Illinois, Utah, Colorado, Montana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, DC, New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, and West Virginia.

The worst? Probably a three-way tie between Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee. My impression of the south is that it's America's asshole. Sorry to offend anyone from that area, it's just a broad impression from the areas I visited in and around Memphis.

Only country is the US and in that I've visited New York State, Mass, Illinois, California and Florida. My favorite city that I visited inside of these states was San Francisco with Chicago running a very close second.

Inside Canada the only provinces I haven't visited are Manitoba and Saskatchewan aka the ones nobody wants to visit anyways. Haven't visited any of the territories or Nunavut. Favorite Canadian city outside of Toronto is Montreal by a mile.

States

Nevada

Arizona

Hawaii

Texas

Georgia

Countries

England

France

Mexico

Can't really say worst state as I've liked different aspects of the states I've visited. Even though I've lived here all my life, California is still the best state to me. Mexico is most def the worst country I've been to. Spring Break 2007 was both fun and scary at the same time for me.

Provinces

Ontario

Manitoba

Saskatchewan

Alberta

British Columbia

Quebec

States

New York

Pennsylvania

Massachusetts

D.C.

Virginia

West Virginia

Nevada

California

In Canada, it'll be Manitoba. Winnipeg is a dull city with no character at all. Buffalo and Erie, PA are in rough shape but I remember going to WV in 02 and it was very run down. (The northern part of WV)

Greenland fucking sucks. Fuck a Gisela, Arizona. I was surprised when I ended it up liking Pittsburgh... especially the night life over there. Japan is fucking hilarious. There's nothing better than abusing the fact that you're an American tourist. You can play right into the brash hothead dumb American they still expect and the general populace will watch while the police ignore him and bother a respectful tourist. Gaijin Power and all that.

I can't remember the eight other places I've been to.

In Canada: Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia... Calgary Alberta was the shittiest. They have this little tower thing that's supposed to be like the CN Tower, but it's like half it's size. Fuck you EHME.

You're saying Calgary is worst then anywhere in Saskatchewan or Manitoba? No, F you! Maybe if you holla'd at me and let me know when you were coming, you would have some fun. Also, Calgary >>> Edmonton by a longshot.

Anyway outside of Canada, I've been to US and Mexico.

In Canada, I've been to Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec.

In the States I've been to Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Virginia, California, Washington (state), North Carolina, Tennesse, and Arizona.

In Mexico, I've been to Tijuana,

Worst place I've been was problay Delaware... Pretty boring there.

I've been to every state west of New Jersey, except for Alaska.

Countries I've been to (in chronological order): Mexico, Italy, Greece, Spain, France, Tunisia, Turkey, England, Canada, US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas/St. Croix), Puerto Rico, UAE, Iraq, Guam, Thailand, Singapore.

Least favorite state to visit: New Jersey.

least favorite country to visit: France.

Bob, you've been to South Carolina and still count North Carolina as the worst place you've visited? Where'd you go, Fayetteville? I mean, South Carolina would be the asshole of the South were it not for Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and...well, pretty much all of it. But North Carolina and Virginia are both great in spots. Only nice place I've visited in South Carolina is Charleston.

Anyway, states I've lived in: Georgia (thrice), Nebraska, Mississippi, Texas (twice), North Carolina (twice), Washington, and Virginia. I've visited Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington D.C., and Ohio. Certainly driven through a lot more than that and have had some airport layovers in noteworthy U.S. locales, but I can't really count those.

Also lived in Iceland and Italy. Visited Germany.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, North Dakota, Florida.

And Alberta remains the champion, despite my living here, mostly for its southeast area.

The Drumheller - Brooks - Medicine Hat area is like the worst qualities of the rural American South combined with nouveau riche natural resource money. Any band that doesn't play country and western or gospel is not permitted in Medicine Hat. Brooks perpetually smells like fresh shit. For a shithole town of about 10,000 people in the middle of nowhere, Drumheller has a very high percentage of crackheads. The Creation Science Museum is just the icing on the cake. And to top it all off, it makes Saskatchewan look scenic by comparison.

Guest Smues

Counties: U.S.A, Canada, England. And I don't really count England since we moved away when I was three so I have almost no memories of the place.

States: Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, Missouri. A few others if you count airports and states I've had to drive through, but I doubt you do.

Provinces: Alberta and British Columbia

Shittiest: Idaho. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful state. But all of my experience with Idaho has been in the panhandle, and the people (at least the ones I've encountered) always seem to be borderline retarded. Among other problems.

Countries: US, Ireland, Scotland

States: New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Michigan Massachusetts, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, California, Texas.

Provinces: Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI

Best Country: Scotland

Worst: America

Best State: Maine

Worst: Georgia

Best Province: Quebec

Worst: New Brunswick

Guest Czech please!

I haven't traveled as much as I would like to.

I have urinated in the following states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, California.

Indiana sucks, but I might be missing the good parts, like apparently there's a forest preserve with an abandoned sanitarium or something. Agent told me about it. I've just been around Schererville and thereabouts, then I took a nap and woke up at a Burger King in Evansville, I want to say it was. Kentucky was quite pretty in its rural areas, as was middle Tennessee. Memphis is awesome around Beale Street and the rest of it just looks like Milwaukee. The weird thing about Memphis is that you drive through West Memphis, then there's nothing but empty floodplains, and then suddenly there's a big pyramid on the horizon. I ate at a Waffle House in West Memphis, just to say I did. Is it just me, or do h.s./college-aged Yankees have some fascination with photographing themselves standing by Waffle House signage? Scour facebook. I know it must be true. Even I did it. It's like "look, I have ventured to a strange and foreign land, and here is the proof!" Since my only experience with Arkansas is driving through it between the Missouri panhandle and Memphis, then stopping at Waffle House, it is by far the worst state in which I have taken a leak.

Countries: US, Ireland, Scotland

States: New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Michigan Massachusetts, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, California, Texas.

Provinces: Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI

Best Country: Scotland

Worst: America

Best State: Maine

Worst: Georgia

Best Province: Quebec

Worst: New Brunswick

Agreed on New Brunswick. We were only there for a day on vacation but that place is so fucking boring. Nova Scotia was quite nice.

Countries: U.S. and Canada

States (not counting ones I just drove through or stopped at a restroom in or the one I live in ): New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida

Province: Quebec

Best State: Vermont

Worst State: New Jersey

Favorite City: Montreal

The worst? Probably a three-way tie between Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee. My impression of the south is that it's America's asshole. Sorry to offend anyone from that area, it's just a broad impression from the areas I visited in and around Memphis.

To defend the region of my birth, let me note that nearly the entirety of Memphis which isn't on Beale Street tends to be a real shithole. Yes, I mean a shithole even as compared to the rest of the South.

Never been to another country. To the best of my recollection, these are my states: Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Maryland, Delaware, New York, and Massachusettes.

There might be a couple more I'm not remembering, since lots of these trips were done many years ago, and some of the more recent ones were just driving through them without stopping, ergo never getting a look at infamed WV. Best state... truthfully, nothing comes to mind, all of them have their bad points and bad areas. Worst: I'm gonna go with Maryland here. Entirely based on a one-day trip me and my brother took up there, in and around Baltimore, which was one of the more miserable collection of bad experiences either one of us have had. Everything blew in terms of physical layout of the place, poor quality of food we had everywhere we stopped, and an assortment of really fuckin' strange people we met.

States I have urinated in:

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Florida

Illinois

Kansas

Louisiana

Maryland

Massachusetts

Mississippi

Missouri

Nebraska

New Mexico

Oregon

South Dakota

Texas

Virginia

Washington

Washington DC

Other states I've driven through:

Alabama

Iowa

Oklahoma

Countries I have urinated in:

U.S.

Mexico

Netherlands

Egypt

Best Foreign Country: Egypt

Worst Foreign Country: Mexico

Best U.S. State: Washington. I really enjoyed Seattle, the capital in Olympia, and the subsequent drive down to Portland.

Worst U.S. State: Nebraska. Absolutely nothing remarkable or memorable about my time there.

Countries:

Germany

France

Holland

Scotland

Wales (I know they're not technically foreign countries, but I'm counting them anyway).

Greece

Spain

America including Puerto Rico

Best:

Germany

Worst:

Spain

I've only been to two countries, The USA and Canada (which is my home).

Inside of Canada, I've been everywhere except Newfoundland/Labrador, and the territories (Nunavut, Yukon, and the Northwest).

I'm honestly not really sure how many states I've been to. I know we spent a lot of time in Maine and New Hampshire when I was younger, and I've been to DC as well.

Also, we drove to Disneyworld (Yes, my family drove from Nova Scotia to Florida) when I was very little, so I've probably been to states that I have no recollection of. I do recall Disneyworld though, because we flew there years later. I might have even been to Disneyland too - I'm pretty sure my parents/older siblings went, but I'm not sure if I had been born yet.

More recently (but still years ago), I was in San Fransisco (via air), and we drove to Alberta to visit my brother, then detoured through some states on the way home - I know we were in Montana, and I think we were in North Dakota as well.

Hard to pick a least favorite place. Probably Quebec because I have bad memories of it - hitting a deer at 3 in the morning? Not cool. I don't find I tend to hate the places I've visited, though they do make me appreciate my hometown more - after spending one month out west, I simply could not WAIT to get back home.

Bob, you've been to South Carolina and still count North Carolina as the worst place you've visited? Where'd you go, Fayetteville? I mean, South Carolina would be the asshole of the South were it not for Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and...well, pretty much all of it. But North Carolina and Virginia are both great in spots. Only nice place I've visited in South Carolina is Charleston.

Anyway, states I've lived in: Georgia (thrice), Nebraska, Mississippi, Texas (twice), North Carolina (twice), Washington, and Virginia. I've visited Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington D.C., and Ohio. Certainly driven through a lot more than that and have had some airport layovers in noteworthy U.S. locales, but I can't really count those.

I feel bad for making you type that, I've never been to South Carolina actually.

My bad

Minnesota(Home), Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, California, Florida.

I was in Nebraska for such a short time and was rather young so I cant say there but I do remember it seemed dirty. I wouldn't say anyone was overall shitty but driving through Milwaukee was ugly plus I got into a mini fight at a gas station with a dude talking shit because of my Twins shirt. Iowa was kind of shitty though. My aunt was from either Souix City or Souix Falls, I can't remember which one, and visiting her was a pretty terrible week.