TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

American Idol Season 8

But I didn't really want to keep making random posts in CWDWAT and I doubt I'm the only one watching. If I am, fuck it. Consider this thread mah blog.

Final Six (Six spots to go)

Week One:

Danny Gokey 40127_110x82.jpg

Very solid, a potential top five that's helped by the fact that 1) He's a Pastor so he has the Southern/Religious vote going for him and 2) He's got the sob-story background due to his wife passing away 4 weeks before he went to the Idol auditions.

Michael Sarver 40143_110x82.jpg

A somewhat surprising pick for the Top 12, IMO. Is solid but unspectacular. I fully expect him to get voted out within the first few weeks.

Alexis Grace 40120_110x82.jpg

Very good singer, sultry voice, cute as a button. Not the strongest female but good enough to last until the Top 8, maybe higher.

Week Two:

Adam Lambert 40118_110x82.jpg

I'd almost guarantee this guy makes the top five without a hitch and is a heavy favorite to win. Good look, theater background so he can work a stage well and has a voice that unlike other Idol winners in the past, could actually sell an album. Excellent range too.

Alison Iraheta 40121_110x82.jpg

Youngest in the competition at 16 but has a great, theatrical voice. Might struggle a bit with slower/classical songs because she's more suited to a rock style but she killed the Heart song she did last week. Not gonna make top five but should put in a good showing.

Kris Allen 40137_110x82.jpg

Worst pick to make the Top 12 so far. Totally bland and forgettable. Fuck this guy.

Out of last nights show I think the 2 that are shoe-ins are Lil Rounds and Scott MacIntyre. Third spot is a toss-up to me.

Fourth week is Wild Card group which are twelve singers that the judges are giving a second chance to.

I'm pulling for Scotty Mac this year...not the most grandeous voice in the world, but it's a cool story. Work that blind gimmick Scotty!

Hey, as long as he can hold up the singing end of things, I'm all for the guy winning. Otherwise, you're looking at a Josh Blue/Eddie from BB1 situation where the guy wins simply because he's handicapped.

Anyway, Jorge "El Unibrow" Nunez was clearly the #3 guy on Tuesday so it's good that he made it.

Not a big fan of Emo Boy, but he's got the chops to make me change my mind about him.

Sarver will finish 10th and make the tour. Probably Whatshisname and a Wild Card will go before him. Or possibly Alison since I think she really needs to bring it every week to earn votes.

Lil Rounds will earn the Jennifer Hudson "voted out too early" award for Season 8. Probably in favour of Alexis who is looking to be the only white chick in this competition (AleKKKxis?).

Wild Card has a few "who?" people, and a few that clearly the judges want to succeed and are likely to put through because they want to.

Jasmine Murray will continue the trend of 16-year olds choosing a bad song but still make it through because commercial commercial commercial. It helps prove that Archie's dad was a fucking genius for picking most of his songs instead of letting Archie do it.

Tatiana The Bull will go through because crazy crying chick who doesn't shut up = ratings. And website hits for VFTW.

Anoop probably goes through and I hope that he gets enough votes to keep going for a while. Or not, because then I can break out the "America hates Asians" comment.

I'll give Matt Giraud and Hippychick an outside shot, but I think that these are the three moving on. As an aside I hate Hippychick and that fucking annoying wiggle thing she does when singing.

The rest... well, I have no idea why Von and the other guy are here while Ju'Not sits on the sidelines. Also Kristin the Jaime Presley lookalike would've been a better choice over the redhead - I'm actually guessing that that was the last minute swap. But whatever. They needed some jobbers, I guess.

I think Sarver will last longer than others here. He's an okay singer, nothing amazing, but there are reasons he can advance:

--He's a redneck oil rig worker and that will get him the rural votes.

--He seems like the only verifiable heterosexual in this group of guys.

Dude needs a new haircut, badly. And I don't see him taking the whole thing. Make it far? Sure. But besides having more passion then any other singer on the show there's nothing in terms of his vocals or image that = able to sell an album on his own.

Dude needs a new haircut, badly. And I don't see him taking the whole thing. Make it far? Sure. But besides having more passion then any other singer on the show there's nothing in terms of his vocals or image that = able to sell an album on his own.

Are you talking about McIntyre or Taylor Hicks?

I honest to God think Scotty can ride the blind wave very very far. In the case of this show, being blind may be the best thing that has ever happened to him.

As I type this, I am watching last night's show on DVR and I want to punch Tatianna in the face...with my fist as well as my cock.

tatianna = kate winslet at the golden globes, without the charm or grace or hot body. she would be GREAT on a vh1 reality show, where the object of the whole game is for the producers to make fun of how dramatic and vacuous the people are, but she doesn't belong anywhere near a show like this, instead of people with actual (albeit marginal) talent & likability and who actually NEED THE MONEY. like ju'not.

scott will make the top 5-6 despite being bland as a mormon family night and not making very good song choices. Dead Wife Danny might take it all.

what really sucks about the format this year is that it's kicking out the niche singers who give the show variety and can usually stick around a while. at this point, it looks like pretty much everybody has the same range of musical taste and play-it-safe mentality, which is going to allow for NO surprises whatsoever. no rock version of "billie jean," no bluegrass version of "i've just seen a face." just recycled top 40 shit.

speaking of which, the band is atrocious this year. almost everybody's songs sounded more like each other than usual, and their default mode seems to be "what would richard carpenter make this sound like?" and none of these contestants have the balls to tell the band to change it up.

I would've rather had Normund Gentle make the wild card round, but Tatiana is enough of a train wreck to make things entertaining.

I really wish they'd stop harping on song choice. If they're going to complain about everyone's choice of song, they should just start giving them 'song assignments' and let the judges pick the song.

Blech. Saying this song is by Christina Agulera is like saying "Hallelujah" is by Jeff Buckley. Lea Salonga sang it first, and better.

Tatiana suddenly developing a thick accent was the easy highlight for me tonight. Such an awful person in this nauseating, student body president sort of way. It's a shame they didn't keep her around. I echo the sentiments about this year's batch seeming to be even blander than usual. Can't say that I have high hopes for this season.

It also works in Anoop's favor that he goes to school in North Cacalac. Raise up! Take your shirt off. Wrap it 'round your hand. Spin it like a helicopter.

They want to cash in on Slumdog Millionaire by putting an Indian guy on their reality show.

Also, Anoop his hilarious.

This. There were probably over a million people thinking "Slumdog" was an original nickname for the guy.

And his "My Perogative" was awful.