TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

American Idol Season 8

Yeah, it's time to predict the order of finish.

13. Jasmine Murray (Actual: 13th.)

12. Megan Joy

11. Anoop Desai

10. Matt Giraud

9. Kris Allen

8. Michael Sarver

7. Alexis Grace

6. Jorge Nuñez (Actual: 12th.)

5. Scott MacIntyre

4. Lil Rounds

3. Adam Lambert-Jonas

2. Danny Gokey

1. Allison Iraheta

Jesus, Lil has a circus booty.

It's good to see them acknowledge winning doesn't really mean anything, and it's actually "3 or 4" of the kids who get deals.

Corkery...Alexis....man. I mean, shit.

Daaaaaaamn.

On the performance side of things Lambert, Iraheta, Giraud and Gokey all did well. Not sure yet on who's going home. Rounds was underwhelming compared to previous performances but I'd be surprised if she got sent home that early. Anoop, maybe. But they're selling him hard so I'm not sure. Oil rig dude wasn't good.

Well, I think that they're going to Rock Star/SYTYCD-style eliminations, so assuming Anoop, Hippychick and Alexis are the bottom 3, they'll get rid of Anoop and Hippychick after they "sing for their life".

I think Alexis is bottom 3 bound simply because people won't remember to dial IDOLS36 instead of IDOLS13.

Did I miss something with Iraheta? I didn't think she was that good. Simon's a pedophile though, so it doesn't surprise me that he likes her.

Scotty Mac was, of course, sort of bland, but he won't be going home this week, anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if tattooed blondie is the one to go. Rockin' Robin? Really?

Anoop sucks, this has got to be some sorta joke, right?

and what did they see in Emo dude, honestly?

Did I miss something with Iraheta? I didn't think she was that good. Simon's a pedophile though, so it doesn't surprise me that he likes her.

Scotty Mac was, of course, sort of bland, but he won't be going home this week, anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if tattooed blondie is the one to go. Rockin' Robin? Really?

Anoop sucks, this has got to be some sorta joke, right?

and what did they see in Emo dude, honestly?

It comes down to Allison and Emo Boy bringing something different to the table. By going the "rock" route (and for Emo Boy, that would be 80's Hair Metal. Which wouldn't make him an Emo Boy. And I'm starting to talk tangentially like the NCIS chick...) you're immediately giving something the voters will remember. Do you remember Scott? Jasmine? Hippychick? No, but you'll remember Allison and Emo Boy.

As another aside, is Emo Boy a lock to end up broke, homeless and recovering from a cocaine habit a la JD Fortune?

So another board posted what they believe will be the big twist that's revealed on tonights episode. Nothing is confirmed but I'll tag it regardless....

Seacrest said on his radio show that they're going to borrow one of the gimmicks used on the French version of Idol which is apparently a judges veto that would override the public vote and allow somebody's who's been voted off a second chance. No word on whether this will be a one-time thing or if the judges can use it whenever they want. I personally don't really care for this as they've already been through a group of people who didn't make the cut. Also, if the judges veto the public vote does that mean they move down the ladder and the second last person gets booted? Because that would be stupid.

Based off of performances, I think that Anoop and Jorge should be going home. Although Megan picking Rockin' Robin was absolutely stupid, I still thought that her vocals were ok and she proved she has the chops to at least make it another week.

DialIdol spoilers:

DialIdol has Jorge and Allison going home with Jasmine, Kris and Megan also in trouble. I thought Allison did fantastic and can't believe she is that low. But all of their "numbers" are close so it really could be anybody's game. They do have Anoop listed as being safe, which to me is pretty ridiculous (even though everyone apparently loves him). I am guessing they will put him in the bottom three since he was panned by the judges and he will be the one safe.

I want to bury my face in Lil Rounds' ass.

gawd damn

Yeah, Clarkson looks a bit heavier than normal but does anyone really mind? It's actually nice to see a fairly normal looking woman instead of a plastic supermodel.

I'm glad it wasn't Anoop and Megan tonight, since they were at least car wreck memorable. At least Anoop had the balls to try Beat It, even if he sucked.

I don't really follow that logic. "He tried something stupid, it turned out really awful, but at least he had the courage to try it." What? And the guy's already been eliminated once. How many chances to suck is Anoop going to get?

I don't see this rule change having much of an impact on anything. They cited the Daughtry example, but if memory serves he was in the top 5, and thus the rule would not have applied to his situation.

I don't really follow that logic. "He tried something stupid, it turned out really awful, but at least he had the courage to try it." What? And the guy's already been eliminated once. How many chances to suck is Anoop going to get?

I don't see this rule change having much of an impact on anything. They cited the Daughtry example, but if memory serves he was in the top 5, and thus the rule would not have applied to his situation.

Bear in mind that your winner that year was Taylor Hicks

that has nothing to do with the rule, since the judges have no power to vote someone off the show.

matt g doing "human nature" was great.

it's clear by now that anoop doesn't know what he's doing and has no ambitions or identity as a musical talent, and he should've been gone last night. jorge wanted it more, and he was a lot more talented.

that has nothing to do with the rule, since the judges have no power to vote someone off the show.

Apologies. My point was that Hicks won and did nothing, while Daughtry and Yamin and even Pickler have tasted success that probably wouldn't have happened had they not had the extra control of their destiny that losing afforded them.

The same goes for Jennifer Hudson, who I think is the other example that is brought up to support the use of the "save". Jennifer wasn't going to win her season, and at the time she was still a raw prospect so her getting booted was probably a positive rather than a negative.

The only person I can think that the save might have helped is Melinda Doolittle but bear in mind that I've never been sold on Jordin Sparks.

I feel kind of bad for Jasmine, she was at least better then Sarver and tattoo girl. Jorge was an obvious cut here. Gotta loves Simon's reaction to Seacrest asking if they are going to save Jorge, he just went "No." deadpan. That had to make Jorge feel better. :lol:

Hope next week's theme is a good one.

I hate Danny. What is he going to be if he wins? Some lame-o Christian singer. That is not what AI should be looking for, yet they praise the hell out of that fatass. Having a dead wife is not a substitute for marketable talent.

The rule change is stupid. It will be used, but only right before the top 4. It will not be used on obvious fodder, only Adam or Danny. The great moments on the show are the OMG!shocking eliminations. Is anyone seriously going to agrue Tamyra should have gone on to the finals to face Clarkson and win? Kelly is one of the better success stories coming out of AI and Tamyra is where exactly? Justin had the only counter fanbase to survive to the finals.

JenniferH crock. The judges wanted Fantasia all along season3, and never were interested in Jen, only when she won an Oscar did their tune change.

Hicks should have never been allowed to the voting rounds. The judges have themselves to blame for that one.

I hate Danny. What is he going to be if he wins? Some lame-o Christian singer. That is not what AI should be looking for, yet they praise the hell out of that fatass. Having a dead wife is not a substitute for marketable talent.

The rule change is stupid. It will be used, but only right before the top 4. It will not be used on obvious fodder, only Adam or Danny. The great moments on the show are the OMG!shocking eliminations. Is anyone seriously going to agrue Tamyra should have gone on to the finals to face Clarkson and win? Kelly is one of the better success stories coming out of AI and Tamyra is where exactly? Justin had the only counter fanbase to survive to the finals.

JenniferH crock. The judges wanted Fantasia all along season3, and never were interested in Jen, only when she won an Oscar did their tune change.

Hicks should have never been allowed to the voting rounds. The judges have themselves to blame for that one.

Poppycock. Hicks is the best winner.

Poppycock. Hicks is the best winner.

Hicks is probably the best example of a "people's champion", who won more because of charisma than actual talent. Bottom line - he got the most votes in the finale, he wins the title, whether we like it or not (I'm on the not side).

Moving right along, I'd guess the first round has given us a list of singers that the judges are likely to exercise their veto on:

Allison

Emo Boy

Danny

Everyone else is likely fair game. Yes, even Scott. Honestly, I think he's hit his ceiling already and he really needs to improve to make me think he's worthy of winning this. And if he does win this, does anyone think that it's for any reason other than the fact he's blind and is an OK singer?

Basically, I'm taking the same stance here that I did with Archie last year (unless he improves significantly). He wins, I'm done with Idol.