TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

American Idol Season 8

Scotty Mac will only win, IF he wins, because he is blind.

Danny Gokey will only win, IF he wins, because his wife kicked the bucket.

I actually liked what's his name...uhmmm the other cat that was playing the piano...more than either of those two last week. Guess I oughta learn his name. Giraud, right?

You know it's funny...the judges main criticism is what? Song selection. So what do they do? Give a bunch of teens and early 20 somethings fucking Grand Ole Opry to sing...

I think the judges should just pick the songs the kids should sing from here on out....whoever wins won't be writing or picking his own songs anyway, at least not on his or her first album.

The counter argument would be that they are looking for someone versatile. Besides, plenty of contestants have circumvented the theme nights in the past and just sang their style of music anyway.

I find it amusing how the alleged country singer in past seasons doesn't even do all that great on country night.

I want Anoop to sing "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk." The song is one of the worst things ever, but him doing it on the show would be hilarious.

That shit Adam did was downright creepy.

Matt Giraud is quickly becomming my favorite this year...sorry Scotty Mac, you're getting too boring for me.

I think Alexis or Megan will be toast with no saves.

Lill talked back a bit too much I think.

The stuff with Adam was HORRIBLE.

Didn't really like tonight on a whole.

Can't imagine the show wants only 3 girls on the tour, but I think Allison goes tomorrow.

I am quite clearly, hotness bias aside, the only one that loved Alexis. Maybe it was the arrangement but I think she rocked that shit. Performance of the night was far and away Matt G. though. I'm not sure if it's because he seemed to get a more indulgent backing section but that song came off like gangbusters. I think Adam went out on a limb with his performance but I can't say I liked it even though I didn't hate it. Kris and Scott did well too.

IMO tops to go home are Alison, Rounds and Michael.

For god knows what reason, I watch this show...

I really liked Adam's song. I've listened to enough self indulgent rock and progressive that I got what he was going for. I can see a lot of people not getting it though. It was probably the only one that really stood out for me, as in something I'd like to listen to when I'm not watching this show.

Two bad performances in a row should have Michael back on the rig, hopefully. Lil Rounds was no great shakes, but she should get the benefit of the doubt. I must admit that I did not have high hopes for Anoop on Grand Ole Opry night, but he redeemed himself nicely.

I am quite clearly, hotness bias aside, the only one that loved Alexis. Maybe it was the arrangement but I think she rocked that shit. Performance of the night was far and away Matt G. though. I'm not sure if it's because he seemed to get a more indulgent backing section but that song came off like gangbusters. I think Adam went out on a limb with his performance but I can't say I liked it even though I didn't hate it. Kris and Scott did well too.

I thought Alexis was mediocre to be honest with you. She's not choosing good songs.

Also thought Hippychick chose an old-sounding song, although I guess that's her niche. Also, why is she so brave for performing while sick? Haven't most people gone to work at one time or another even though they've been sick? I have no idea what the judges see in her, but clearly they want to keep her around without using their save on her.

As I thought, Scott has hit his ceiling, and the judges have called him on it. I dunno that he can improve further.

Emo Boy... the performance was right for him, but I didn't think it suited the song. Anyone know who actually sang that version?

I think Alexis or Hippychick goes home.

No Alexis was good I though, she's been getting dogged by the judges lately, but she is way talented. Anoop finally had a good week. I am sick of Emo Boy, but to me Sarver deserves to be cut tonight. He didnt' even pull of country convincingly and that should be a strong suit for him. Plus he talks back to the judges way too much. That being said, all the country fans likely voted for him so we'll probably get a strange cut tonight. And I though Matt was kinda weak last night, the Justin Clone thing is getting old fast for me.

megan needs to get her pendulous teardrop tits off my television.

she can sing a song in one way and one way only: like a cartoon hummingbird. "walking after midnight" is a sad song about being lonely, and she sang it with a creepily-winning smile and big fake-surprise googley eyes. and the movements she makes freak me the hell out, like she's some kind of brightly colored wind-up toy that won't turn off.

"Oh, my! Did you KNOW that I go walking after dark sometimes? It's frightfully fun! Maybe I'll find you and play Tiddlywinks with you! Tee-hee!"

alexis is probably going home tonight, but at least she could figure out what her song was about and do a suitably desperate interpretation.

scott taking all the credit for his delilah-approved arrangements is not a good thing.

simon's comment about danny's jacket was great. i'd like to see danny sing "crazy" by seal.

matt may not end up being the winner, but i think he has the best shot of having a good musical career. he seems the most sure of what kind of music he wants to make and what he wants to sound like.

anoop did really well, using his breath and all that.

overall, i was pretty surprised at how many contestants didn't suck. this was probably the best country week i've seen since i started watching the show.

This "save" procedure is horribly awkward. Could they please just go the "Rock Star" route and have the contestant sing a song of their choosing? Also, based on the rules of the "save", we know who they are or are not going to use it on, so why go through the painful procedure of getting the contestant to sing their song again before saying "no"?

So with Alexis gone should I assume that Hippychick will get her votes?

When Scotty Mac made the top 10, I wonder if they tour producers were like "FUCK! Now we gotta figure out how to plan this damn thing around a blind dude!"

Backing up the bus a bit, Jericholic, you're on crack about Matt Giraud. He's almost perfect for this competition. I liken him to Elliot Yamin who really came on strong in his season, getting all the way to the final 3 but ultimately had no hope of stopping the Taylor Hicks/Kat McPhee juggernaut...especially considering he was clearly better than Hicks.

Yeah that Alexis chick is so forgettable that Randy Jackson couldn't recall her name, calling her Allison instead. In fact I was a little baffled at the actual Allison being in the bottom 3 since she was pretty good.