TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Cowboys release Terrell Owens

The Cowboys cut T.O!

EDIT: Story -

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.

"That Stephen and I were debating about Terrell, that's just misinformation," Jones said regarding his son, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones at the time. "That's just not accurate. I don't know where that comes from. That's just total misinformation."

The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.

ESPN

Between this, the Redskins breaking the bank for a marginal upgrade to a top echelon defense, the Eagles letting a bunch of guys walk, and the Giants not having a # 1 WR, the NFC East is looking like anyone could win it next season, and anyone could finish at sub .500 too.

The Cowboys cut T.O!

to-crying.jpg

Looks like Cowboys' fans are gonna be seeing more of Roy "1st down" Williams this year.

Jesus, Screamin' A. Smith is acting like Jerry Jones just kicked his dog and poured sugar in his gas tank while raping his mom. It's not like T.O. getting cut because he's a loudmouth malcontent is a new thing.

FUCK. Stephen smith is such a fucking idiot. Such a huge fucking worthless piece of shit. He is the only person that can get me this mad when he spews his diatribe of bullshit and fucking idiotic statements. He fucking blames Jerry Jones on cutting T.O. and saying T.O. trusted him and Jerry Jones is bad because he cut him. He also managed to call the Cowboys trash and said their team is trash and shit on Jerry Jones. How THE FUCK does this person have a job on ESPN?

Between this, the Redskins breaking the bank for a marginal upgrade to a top echelon defense, the Eagles letting a bunch of guys walk, and the Giants not having a # 1 WR, the NFC East is looking like anyone could win it next season, and anyone could finish at sub .500 too.

Haynesworth is a pretty damn good upgrade to the middle of the line. An interior lineman that can demand a double team consistantly is a hard commodity to find. Also this was a great signing because the Skins didn't just sign him because he was a big name, it is actually what their defense was missing last season. Redskins DE's often beat their men on one-on-one coverage, but because the middle of the D-line had absolutely no push, the QB could just step forward and avoid the rushers Now with Haynesworth in the middle, the pocket is going to be pushed backwards, which leaves the QB a lot more vunerable to the pash rush.

Also, with the resigning of DeAngelo Hall, the secondary will be pretty strong, allowing even more time for Pass Rushers.

Sorry to break this to you NoCalMike, but DeAngelo Hall will not make your secondary stronger. Trust me on this. also have a funny feeling about Albert Haynesworth not playing to his contract.

Well not playing to 100 million dollars is not that much of a stretch, but really if he can demand a double-team on the interior line, then he is doing his job. He will be the anchor on the line. Plus we'll wait for the draft to see if any picks go to the DE.

I am less confident about DeAngelo Hall, but again he has a very good secondary around him, I mean Carlos Rogers is good, Horton was a breakout rookie, and Laron Landry will be playing over the top most of the time. I don't think Hall is going to be left out on an island with WR's very often. Kind of similar as to how Smoot was used in the defense when he was playing opposite Bailey, some years back.

Were this last season, I would have bet ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS that the Raiders would sign T.O were he to be cut. This is not last season. He will not be signed by this club.

I can see one of two things happenening

The Cowboys will make a deep playoff run, possibly Super Bowl appearance and the media will eat T.O. alive blaming him for everything that went wrong in Dallas.

Or...

The Cowboys will fall apart, miss the playoffs, and have a losing record and everyone will criticize the release of T.O. and speculate what could have happened if he were still there.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No way TO ends up in Oakland. He's only going to go to a team with the following factors:

1. Money.

2. A chance to really compete for a ring.

3. Confident veterans at QB and Coach.

Here's what I think:

Tennessee. If that happens, look the fuck out.

Great news. They should have never signed Owens in the first place.

For comedy's sake, I wish he'd end up in Cincinnati.

He won't, but if he did somehow, I'm driving up to Cincinnati to punch Mike Brown in the throat.

Sorry to break this to you NoCalMike, but DeAngelo Hall will not make your secondary stronger. Trust me on this. Also, I have a funny feeling about Albert Haynesworth not playing to his contract.

What he said, plus you guys cut Jason Taylor. $154 million in contracts to barely upgrade your secondary and your D-Line seems wasteful when you have no offense.

Watch New England make a run at him just so they can firmly stick their flag in the ground as the most hated team in the NFL.

And Corey Smith doesn't have a contract, he's a free agent. Cooper's contract will probably be given to his family for this year and then he'll be cut/removed/whatever next season.

Agent hit it on the head when he said TO will require three things: money, a chance at a ring and a good QB/coach. Who fits those qualifications? I can see San Diego, Denver, and New Orleans being options. I guess there's an outside chance of him landing in Chicago or Minnesota, but they don't have the quarterback play to entice him.

Any others I'm missing? I don't see the usual suspects getting involved (Indy, NY Giants, NE or Philly). NY Jets could be a fit. Miami would be up there, but I don't think Parcells would want him. Would Washington take a look?

Agent hit it on the head when he said TO will require three things: money, a chance at a ring and a good QB/coach. Who fits those qualifications? I can see San Diego, Denver, and New Orleans being options. I guess there's an outside chance of him landing in Chicago or Minnesota, but they don't have the quarterback play to entice him.

Any others I'm missing? I don't see the usual suspects getting involved (Indy, NY, NE or Philly). NY Jets could be a fit. Miami would be up there, but I don't think Parcells would want him. Would Washington take a look?

I assume you mean the Jets there, since in no way are the Giants a "usual suspect" for big name/big $ free agents, especially a head case like Owens. Despite their clear need for a number one wideout, I have a difficult time seeing them going the route of replacing one shitstorm of a WR with another.

Guest Vitamin X
Watch New England make a run at him just so they can firmly stick their flag in the ground as the most hated team in the NFL.

As I recall last year, when there were some trade/FA rumors with Randy Moss, the Cowboys were tinkering with the idea of getting Moss to put alongside T.O. for Romo to throw to. New England might just try and do the same thing with Tom Brady at quarterback. Can you imagine that shit, arguably the top two receivers in the NFL today with Brady and that wide open offense? Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I assume you mean the Jets there, since in no way are the Giants a "usual suspect" for big name/big $ free agents, especially a head case like Owens. Despite their clear need for a number one wideout, I have a difficult time seeing them going the route of replacing one shitstorm of a WR with another.

They already said that they're not interested. Our search for a #1 and a replacement for Toomer continues.

No, I meant the Giants. A perennial Super Bowl contender with a good QB/coach and a need for a #1 receiver? They'll definitely be a rumored suitor, but like I said in my original post, I don't see the fit there. They'd be an extreme long shot at this point.

As I recall last year, when there were some trade/FA rumors with Randy Moss, the Cowboys were tinkering with the idea of getting Moss to put alongside T.O. for Romo to throw to. New England might just try and do the same thing with Tom Brady at quarterback. Can you imagine that shit, arguably the top two receivers in the NFL today with Brady and that wide open offense? Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I can't see Belichick taking on a a primadonna like TO. There were issues with Moss in terms of attitude and commitment, but he was never disliked by his teammates. TO's run himself out of town at multiple places now.