TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Cowboys release Terrell Owens

I think the rationale for T.O. going to Indy is that Peyton's one of the few players in the league that would command enough respect to the point where T.O. can't act out of line without facing major consequences. There are other leaders like Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney that can help police the locker room as well. Plus the Colts are a consistent winner, so T.O. wouldn't have to face as many ups and downs as he's had with previous teams. If Dungy were still around, it might be more realistic but I can't imagine the Colts wan't T.O. anywhere near a rookie head coach though.

As a Bears fan...there is no way in hell I want T.O. anywhere near Soldier Field in the blue and orange. Owens has some great stats but he always seemed to strike me as a player who didn't come through when it really counted as much as one should to be considered a great receiver. What comes to mind was in '01 when the Bears beat the Niners in OT. Mike Brown basically tears the ball right out of Owens' arms and took it in for the winning TD. Besides, both Angelo's and Lovie's jobs are pretty much on the line this season and that would be the wrong gamble to take.

How many playoff wins has T.O. actually been a part of? Off the top of my head, I can only think of San Francisco's win against the Giants in 2003. He didn't play in either of Philly's wins during his one full year there, and Dallas didn't won one while he was with them. Not like that's all his fault or anything, but it's worth noting that the guy's track record in putting teams over the top in the postseason is less than stellar.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, he was directly responsible for this one:

in the 98 playoffs.

Guest Czech please!
As a Bears fan...there is no way in hell I want T.O. anywhere near Soldier Field in the blue and orange. Owens has some great stats but he always seemed to strike me as a player who didn't come through when it really counted as much as one should to be considered a great receiver. What comes to mind was in '01 when the Bears beat the Niners in OT. Mike Brown basically tears the ball right out of Owens' arms and took it in for the winning TD. Besides, both Angelo's and Lovie's jobs are pretty much on the line this season and that would be the wrong gamble to take.

As a Bears fan, the team is so consigned to long-term mediocrity that it wouldn't matter if the circus came to town, except that we'd have more shenanigans to entertain us. Actually, if bringing in Terrell Owens, who undermines and ruins every team he touches, costs Angelo and Lovie their jobs, welcome!

TO in New England is crazy enough that it just might work. Not that I actually want or expect it to happen, but I can buy into the theory that he'll be on good behavior the first year, wherever he may end up. Moss has worked out so well, it might be worth a shot to try Owens. Any team that can sign him to a 1 year incentive based contract has to consider it.

I do have to say though that there is really no comparing the personalities of Moss and TO. Moss has done some stupid shit in his career and he's got a big ego, and yeah he may have dogged it a bit in Oakland, but he was never a guy who actively fed into the negativity of the media, whereas TO seemingly lives for that attention.

There are now 10 teams for which I can't find evidence that they've ruled out signing TO. New odds:

1. Buffalo 35%. Dick Jauron is interested in TO.

2. New England 20%. The official team site has a TO debate and poll; would enjoy screwing the Bills.

3. Denver 20%. Would work in the McDaniels offense; were interested in TO when he left Philly.

4. Detroit 10%. Desperate for talent.

5. Indianapolis 6%. Looking for a WR but will get him in the draft.

6. Cincinnati 3%. Have plenty of young and veteran WRs.

7. Seattle 3%. Signed Housh to a big deal.

8. Green Bay 1%. Set at WR. They are far more concerned with improving their defense.

9. Arizona 1%. If they dumped Boldin, they'd use the money on Dansby and Wilson.

10. Kansas City 1%. Mr. Haley feuded with TO; Pioli is tight with Parcells.

11–32. 0%. Sources available upon request.

Guest Czech please!

"It's not my attention-whoring, but I'm on that attention-whoring."

TO in New England is crazy enough that it just might work. Not that I actually want or expect it to happen, but I can buy into the theory that he'll be on good behavior the first year, wherever he may end up. Moss has worked out so well, it might be worth a shot to try Owens. Any team that can sign him to a 1 year incentive based contract has to consider it.

I'd rather that money go towards keeping Wilfork and further improving the D instead of going after a guy that's burned bridges with THREE teams. It worked with Dillon and Moss, but that's because those guys were on bad teams and were frustrated. TO's been on Super Bowl contenders (or at the very least, pretty good teams) and still acted like an asshole. No thank you.

Jay Glazer of FOXSPORTS is saying that he is Buffalo right now and trying to get a deal done. I have no idea what to think of this. Should I be excited or worried?

Wide receiver Terrell Owens has agreed to a deal with the Buffalo Bills, sources told FOXSports.com.

Owens agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million guaranteed deal, according to a source.

It could work I guess.

I look forward to Edwards & Losman getting the media ripping they so richly deserve when they inevitably stink it up.

Losman won't be stinking it up anymore in Buffalo.

(or at least he better not be)

Yes! This team has suffered in mediocrity for a decade, it's about time that they took a risk and tried to do something, ANYTHING, that would make it work. I don't care if this fucks things up, because it can't get worse than another 7-9. The potential to be dangerous is there, as I still have faith in Edwards, and the O-line can be upgraded in the draft. There's a lot of risk here, but when you've been as bad as they have for the past while, it's worth taking it.

I'm excited as hell and can't wait to shell out for an Owen's jersey. I'm one of the few pepole who likes TO, manly because the media goes out of its way to bash him and create contraversy or overhype anything slightly objectionable he ever does. And it's going to be fun to actually have the Bills on the national media's radar.

I never would have expected this. For one, the Bills never make a high profile free agent signing, I never thought TO would want to come to a small market like Buffalo, plus he's going to have an unproven QB throwing to him.

What's going to suck is to hear the backlash by the stupid moralistic part of the fanbase that wanted to trade Lynch because they dont' want someone like him or a TO type "representing their City."

Well, he was directly responsible for this one:

in the 98 playoffs.

MOTHERFUCKER WHY DID YOU POST THAT AND DREDGE UP THAT AWFUL MEMORY

The worst part was that the next day was the first day back from Christmas break in school, and I'd gotten all kinds of Packer merchandise that year from "Santa," including the Favre jersey I still wore this past season. I still went in the next day in my stuff, a huge Starter jacket, the cap, all that. Some people talked shit, but a few said it showed I was truly dedicated to my team to wear their gear the day after what was probably the most excruciating loss in their history. Whatever happened to J.J. Stokes? He was the other part of the two-headed receiving monster the 49ers had for several years in my mind.

Guest Vitamin X

It's the main reason I hate T.O., to be honest with you. If you watch that whole clip though, it's incredible how much he's changed. I wonder if he was taking meds or something and just goes off of them every once in a while? Because he seems like he can be normally pretty well adjusted and then one day blam, he goes off the deep end. And everyone always talks about what a model, nice guy he was coming in to the league and all that.

Oh and J.J. Stokes J.J. Sucked after T.O. left; he was probably just benefiting from all the double coverage Owens got, and having a still pretty decent Jerry Rice made that trio a tough one to deal with in the late 90's.

Guest Czech please!

Didn't he go from being tuh-RELL to TAIR-ul? That was probably around the same time he went nanners.

Oh and J.J. Stokes J.J. Sucked after T.O. left

like a fackin' dahkie Welkah!

It's a good move for the Bills. (Is Edwards still there btw?). Having a run game with Lynch (if he can stay out of trouble) and a passing game with TO and Evans could be pretty good in a tough division. Bills fans just better hope its not Losman throwing the ball.

Losman is gone. Gone. Gone.

Not coming back. Gone.

Edwards is still the starter and has now found himself in a catch 22 of sorts. He's got two good recievers and no line...and one of those recievers has thrown better QBs under the bus.

It should be quite the interesting 3rd year for the kid.

Oh man, I should download the latest Shred and Ragan podcast about this. They are going to cream themeselves and automatically think that Buffalo is going to win the superbowl.

Not coming back. Gone.

Edwards is still the starter and has now found himself in a catch 22 of sorts. He's got two good recievers and no line...and one of those recievers has thrown better QBs under the bus.

Who's the Bills back-up quarterback? Cause T.O will make sure they are best buddies before the end of training camp and that he's starting by week 5.

Well I'm glad about that. For some reason I thought I read that Edwards was gone or on the way out, and they gave Losman a new deal. The Bills are sort of that "little engine that could" team for me. I've no real love for the team but ill check them out and hope they do well.

It's the main reason I hate T.O., to be honest with you. If you watch that whole clip though, it's incredible how much he's changed. I wonder if he was taking meds or something and just goes off of them every once in a while? Because he seems like he can be normally pretty well adjusted and then one day blam, he goes off the deep end. And everyone always talks about what a model, nice guy he was coming in to the league and all that.

Based on what he's said, of course he's brought a lot of it on himself, but it would be naive of me to think that the media didn't antagonize him and twist some of his statements. I don't know him so I'm not going to call him a terrible human being. He stilll manages to make friends everywhere he goes and many of his teammates end up being on his side.

Even with this new beginning in Buffalo, he still has a dark cloud hanging over his head. Even if he plays his ass off, gets along with everyone, and shows that he can be a team player, the media will still find something to blame him for, and you know they're just waiting for him to fuck up. He really can't win when it comes to his portrayal. I mean, on NFL.com they're already talking about when they think T.O. is going to explode on the sidelines for this team underperforming.

Not coming back. Gone.

Who's the Bills back-up quarterback? Cause T.O will make sure they are best buddies before the end of training camp and that he's starting by week 5.

Bills signed Ryan Fitzpatrick this offseason to be their new backup QB