TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson has announced a 'retirement' tour with most dates based at the O2 Arena in London. His tag line - "This is it!" which he chanted like a pale prancing Obama wanna be. I declined to go as I don't want my first and only Michael Jackson concert to be a tarnished comparison to his original self. He'd have to be the MJ from the 80s.

I'll update this post with dates and tour info for those interested.

http://www.michaeljackson.com/tickets/

Michael Jackson is set to play 10 live dates at the London O2 Arena in July.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/43238

I declined to go as I don't want my first and only Michael Jackson concert to be a tarnished comparison to his original self. He'd have to be the MJ from the 80s.

You mean a black man?

[/obvious joke]

Amateur. Prince did 21 nights in a row at the O2.

If you're gonna copy from the best, you might as well try and out-do him.

Bet you MJ is making more money off his 10 dates, then Prince is off his 21 dates.

Well prince did a pretty cool thing where he made all tickets, in all seating $31.21 in due to the album at the time being 3121. He did have meet and greet/ exclusive small group rooms where he jammed etc afterwards for more money.

Amateur. Prince did 21 nights in a row at the O2.

If you're gonna copy from the best, you might as well try and out-do him.

Bet you MJ is making more money off his 10 dates, then Prince is off his 21 dates.

Yeah, the Prince tickets were pretty cheap and he did a lot of things for his fans. The cheapest MJ ones are £50 ($70) so that's already double the price of Prince.

So?

edit:

Because it isn't a bad idea, because he will still make money off of it... Problay quite a bit of money. Which is the whole purpose of releasing an album.

Eh, maybe for the label. Obviously that's not what any artist worth listening to should be thinking when he releases an album.

Hey, someone's paying attention!

Yeah, not financially feasible, although if I could afford A) the cost and B) the time off, I'd be there in a heartbeat. To quote South Park: "IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON, IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!"