TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Wood Caulfield

YO! TSM raps: John Cena in 2009

Okay, some of the people who hate on John Cena still use "He tries to act black!" as a reason to hate him, even though Cena hasn't rapped or done anything even remotely hip-hoppish in almost four years. If you're gonna hate Cena, fine, but don't say it's because he's a wigger because that is simply not true anymore. Online Onslaught still calls him a wigger and Homey The Clown and it's like enough already! That part of his character is gone.

Okay, some of the people who hate on John Cena still use "He tries to act black!" as a reason to hate him, even though Cena hasn't rapped or done anything even remotely hip-hoppish in almost four years. If you're gonna hate Cena, fine, but don't say it's because he's a wigger because that is simply not true anymore. Online Onslaught still calls him a wigger and Homey The Clown and it's like enough already! That part of his character is gone.

I used to read OO regularly but it got so negative and bitter that I finally just gave it up. The Rick started focusing in on this weir irrational hate of Randy Orton that permeated everything and I just tired of reading it. I can't believe the Cena stuff still goes on there too.

The funniest reason to hate Cena came from Scott Keith's blog years ago: "He dresses like a ten-year-old!" Huh? He wears T-shirts and jean shorts. I'm not seeing the 10-year-old connection here.

The funniest reason to hate Cena came from Scott Keith's blog years ago: "He dresses like a ten-year-old!" Huh? He wears T-shirts and jean shorts. I'm not seeing the 10-year-old connection here.

10-year-old, white trash, take your pick. I don't think I know one person who wears jean shorts.

Its the way he talks

I think its worse when he tries to act like a marine

The worst thing Cena has done since he went from rapper to superhero was call JBL a "poopyhead".

Spray-painting "JBL is poopy" on his limo was even worse.

Come on. He didn't do the salute until The Marine came out, and his merchandise around that time was all Army inspired. I'm surprised he hasn't figured out a way to bring the cop aspect of his next movie into his character.

Come on. He didn't do the salute until The Marine came out, and his merchandise around that time was all Army inspired. I'm surprised he hasn't figured out a way to bring the cop aspect of his next movie into his character.

They gotta have some old Big Boss Man merchandise they can reconfigure. :D

Man, people are really offended that John Cena used the word "poopyhead" when talking to JBL. Ever stop to think it was an over exaggeration of the WWE marketing to kids? Jesus people, I'm sure he wasn't trying to say it with conviction and make us all believe JBL was a poopyhead.

The worst thing Cena has done since he went from rapper to superhero was call JBL a "poopyhead".

Spray-painting "JBL is poopy" on his limo was even worse.

The "JBL is a poopyhead" that he spray painted on the limo was obviously a tongue-in-cheek thing. More of a dig at the people who say he's too juvenile than a serious dig at JBL (in storyline terms), and pretty funny that people actually fell for it.

No...I think it's funnier that they had the face of the franchise and a guy who people are supposed to believe as being street tough writing that on the limo. Much funnier than anyone who "fell for it".

No...I think it's funnier that they had the face of the franchise and a guy who people are supposed to believe as being street tough writing that on the limo. Much funnier than anyone who "fell for it".

His current character has nothing to do with being "street tough" so that point is all but moot.

His current character has nothing to do with being "street tough" so that point is all but moot.

Plus, I don't think they told Cena to go out to write that on the limo. It wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if Cena decided to improvise that.

That the street is gone from his character is the problem, if you ask me.

Cena is only over because he has very good heels to work with, because without it he'd turn into a 2001-2002 Rock. He's had that character turn where all the unique shit about him is basically sold out: the gimmick wardrobe (throwback jerseys, Rock's flashy shirts, whatever) are thrown out for WWE Shopzone shit now available at the counter in the lobby. The catchphrase list is devastated. Our character goes from being an anti-hero to a role model.

The problem is, childrens' entertainment sucks if you're old. There's a reason Sesame Street has Oscar the Grouch: Because if the whole show was nothing but saccharine and goodness, adults would hate it.

Ha, he's only over because he has very good heels to work with? That's funny considering he gets twice as much a reaction as anyone he's up against.

I like Cena's current, I bust my ass 110 percent every night even if I'm not the flashiest guy out there routine. He's just a good worker in my opinion. I can't say he's a very good promo, but he sells tickets and merchandise so maybe he is.

I've been out of the wrestling loop with the exception of last Monday, but I thought this "Cena isn't over" "Turn Cena heel" garbage had gone away.

Who would some of you rather have in the top face spot? CM Punk? Fuckin Evan Bourne? Compare Cena's reaction to CM Punk's reaction. They don't even compare. John Cena is the face of the company and will continue to be the face of the company for the next few years. People can hate on John Cena all they want. They can point out his supposed lack of "wrestling" ability and his marshmallow, vanilla character, but he makes the WWE money and that's all they really care about. This horse has been beaten to death, dug up, and beaten some more.

Cena brings in a SHIT LOAD of fans. I don't care if you think his only fans are prepubescent girls and little kids. He works hard, draws a crowd, and most importantly, makes a lot of money for the WWE. It's like the Lakers getting rid of Kobe because some people don't like them. I don't know if any of you have realized it, but it's pretty obvious that the WWE doesn't care about the IWC's opinion and they won't listen to you anyway.

I've been out of the wrestling loop with the exception of last Monday, but I thought this "Cena isn't over" "Turn Cena heel" garbage had gone away.

Who would some of you rather have in the top face spot? CM Punk? Fuckin Evan Bourne? Compare Cena's reaction to CM Punk's reaction. They don't even compare. John Cena is the face of the company and will continue to be the face of the company for the next few years. People can hate on John Cena all they want. They can point out his supposed lack of "wrestling" ability and his marshmallow, vanilla character, but he makes the WWE money and that's all they really care about. This horse has been beaten to death, dug up, and beaten some more.

Cena brings in a SHIT LOAD of fans. I don't care if you think his only fans are prepubescent girls and little kids. He works hard, draws a crowd, and most importantly, makes a lot of money for the WWE. It's like the Lakers getting rid of Kobe because some people don't like them. I don't know if any of you have realized it, but it's pretty obvious that the WWE doesn't care about the IWC's opinion and they won't listen to you anyway.

Agreed 100%

I'm not the biggest Cena fan in the world, but even I can see he generates more revenue than anyone on the roster right now. It is idiotic to think they'd change that anytime soon.

I remember first seeing him at mates house as a Rapper and I laughed it off as cashing in on Eminem. Didn't really buy into him at all during the sporadic periods of watching wrestling back then. When I got back to watching it full time it wasn't until his program with Edge that I gained some respect for Cena. He can put on some great matches with the right guy.

He's overdone. He doesn't have the time off other guys do and he's wrestled everyone there is to wrestle. Go down the Raw roster...beat Jericho clean for the title...beaten JBL clean a handful of times...I don't remember him wrestling Kane, honestly, but Kane is not very memorable to me so it's possible I'm just forgetting it...beat Orton clean...and that's it. Every main-event caliber heel (or heel close enough to be made main event in a pinch) on his roster is a guy he's beaten at least once, and in most cases several times over the past few years.

Go over to Smackdown: beaten Edge several times, beat HHH at Wrestlemania (who isn't a heel, mind you), was defeating Big Show as early as WM 20...that leaves Taker & Koslov as top guys I don't remember him repeatedly defeating.

Cena's essentially beaten everyone there is to beat in the WWE. This means he's about as over as he's going to get, which means it's time to turn him heel for the purpose of jobbing him to the upper midcard in an attempt to get them to the main event. The upper midcard is jacked (MVP, CM Punk, Rhodes/DiBiase, Kofi, Kennedy, Shelton...) with guys that could get a huge rub from just one win over Cena, but as long as he's a face it's likely he won't even wrestle them; and even if he does it'd be either a squash vs a heel or a "competitive matchup" that's never mentioned again if he faces a Kofi or a Punk in a face/face bout.

He did more than the salute when The Marine came out. "Hoo-rah!" at the end of every promo? Sacrelige. At least he had the sense to keep his dogtags under his shirt when he wore one.

Cena's essentially beaten everyone there is to beat in the WWE. This means he's about as over as he's going to get, which means it's time to turn him heel for the purpose of jobbing him to the upper midcard in an attempt to get them to the main event.

What? Taking your #1 top money-maker, and a guy who brings in a ton of new fans, and turning him heel to job to upper midcard guys? Did you fall on your head today?

The upper midcard is jacked (MVP, CM Punk, Rhodes/DiBiase, Kofi, Kennedy, Shelton...) with guys that could get a huge rub from just one win over Cena,

WHAAAAT? Kennedy? WHAAAAT??? Not to mention Rhodes/DiBiase/Kofi aren't ready for ME level pushes, and Shelton will never be a top guy.

Guys like HBK and HHH and Taker should be putting younger guys over, not Cena.