TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Wood Caulfield

YO! TSM raps: John Cena in 2009

This. Just this.

In case you forget, some rap celebrity types failed to show at WM19 for a Cena bit and so they just had him run them down. The crowd was rocked, many drunken marks were concerned he might actually get legitimately shot at for this diss.

Stadium heat doesn't come across well on TV, unfortunately, and the spot on Heat before anyone had really come out and many were still finding seats didn't help much.

This. Just this.

In case you forget, some rap celebrity types failed to show at WM19 for a Cena bit and so they just had him run them down. The crowd was rocked, many drunken marks were concerned he might actually get legitimately shot at for this diss.

Stadium heat doesn't come across well on TV, unfortunately, and the spot on Heat before anyone had really come out and many were still finding seats didn't help much.

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU. I haven't been able to find that, well ever. Haven't seen it since I saw it live at WM19. It's just as awesome as I remember.

His best ones were dissing Brock Lesnar.

You know, now you're making me wish Lesnar had come back shortly after Cena's first WWE Title win.

After all, they had unfinished business.

Cena had some BAD lines though as a rapper.

WrestleMania 20 anyone?

I was preying for Big Show to whoop his ass.

But he had 1-ups on his wristband, so there was nothing doing there.

John Cena said that New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez should receive jail time after failing Major League Baseball's steroid testing. “[steroids] are the personal choice of the athlete,” Cena said in a report from the New York Daily News. “And [Rodriguez] got defensive, saying he used because he felt he needed to. If there was a set of [legal] stipulations set in place, he may never have even considered it.”

Cena added, “The government should take the initiative, and if you get caught using drugs, then you should go to jail. A criminal record will hurt your endorsements and long-term contracts.” You can read the article at this link.

So, if John gets what he wants 75% of the male roster, some of the divas, half the McMahon family, and a few of the commentators, will go to prison. Raw is...Oz.

John Cena said that New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez should receive jail time after failing Major League Baseball's steroid testing. “[steroids] are the personal choice of the athlete,” Cena said in a report from the New York Daily News. “And [Rodriguez] got defensive, saying he used because he felt he needed to. If there was a set of [legal] stipulations set in place, he may never have even considered it.”

Cena added, “The government should take the initiative, and if you get caught using drugs, then you should go to jail. A criminal record will hurt your endorsements and long-term contracts.” You can read the article at this link.

So, if John gets what he wants 75% of the male roster, some of the divas, half the McMahon family, and a few of the commentators, will go to prison. Raw is...Oz.

I would rush home every Monday to watch that.

Meanwhile, pro wrestler-turned-actor John Cena and former superstar director Renny Harlin (Diehard 2, Cliffhanger) have launched 12 Rounds (Fox), which has failed to ignite much excitement. The action flick managed only $2.8M on Friday and is headed for an underwhelming $7.56M opening.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/smason/2...-27/#more-90782

Give it up, WWE

It'll do well on DVD, though. WWE movies always do. I think the condemned may have even made it's money back eventually.

It did, no WWE film failed to make it's money back. It didn't make a whole hell of a lot though.

Meanwhile, pro wrestler-turned-actor John Cena and former superstar director Renny Harlin (Diehard 2, Cliffhanger) have launched 12 Rounds (Fox), which has failed to ignite much excitement. The action flick managed only $2.8M on Friday and is headed for an underwhelming $7.56M opening.

Give it up, WWE

WWE should realize putting their brand name behind things other than pro wrestling is a negative. The movies suck for the most part too. The Rock doesn't film movies under the wwe for a reason.

Methinks marketing a movie at the 18-34 male demographic your company has essentially kicked to the curb in favor of marketing towards children, and then making the lead star the one person most 18-34 male WWE fans dislike most was probably the death knell for the movie.

May as well have made Teletubbies: The Movie starring New Jack. I don't know what kids watch these days.

Methinks marketing a movie at the 18-34 male demographic your company has essentially kicked to the curb in favor of marketing towards children, and then making the lead star the one person most 18-34 male WWE fans dislike most was probably the death knell for the movie.

May as well have made Teletubbies: The Movie starring New Jack. I don't know what kids watch these days.

What would New Jack's character be? Stabby-Stabby?

What would New Jack's character be? Stabby-Stabby?

He wouldn't have a name, it'd just be 2 hours of Natural Born Killa blaring while New Jack tore apart the set and beat the shit out of everyone with anything not nailed down.

In the sequel he'd bring a nail puller and broaden his weaponry horizons by using everything previously nailed down.

Give it up, WWE

As long as Dwayne Johnson has movies opening at #1, the WWE will continue to think they can do the same with the likes of Cena.

Yea, I think the story was that they asked Jay-Z first and he turned them down right away. They then asked Fabolus and he actually agreed to do it but I think he got in trouble with the law around Mania time and couldn't be there so they just had Cena bury both of them on the pre-show. Cena cut a promo on the Smackdown before Mania and issued an open challenge to any rapper in a freestyle contest so I assume this was originally planned for the main show.

Dont worry, WWE will try the movie thing again.

And again.

And again.

And fail again.

I could have sworn I read somewhere (I really don't remember where, perhaps someone else will? if I'm not just imagining all this of course) that one of their next movies on tap was a comedy starring Big Show.

If that's true, there's no possible way that can fail. :lol:

Dont worry, WWE will try the movie thing again.

And again.

And again.

And fail again.

I could have sworn I read somewhere (I really don't remember where, perhaps someone else will? if I'm not just imagining all this of course) that one of their next movies on tap was a comedy starring Big Show.

If that's true, there's no possible way that can fail. :lol:

As co-producers

The Scorpion King (2002) - starring The Rock

The Rundown (2003) - starring The Rock

Walking Tall (2004) - starring The Rock

Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009) - starring Mr. Kennedy[4]

Missing in Action (TBA) - starring TBA[5]

As sole producers

The Mania of WrestleMania (2004) - A documentary film following the WWE roster through WrestleMania XIX

See No Evil (2006) - starring Kane

The Marine (2006) - starring John Cena

The Condemned (2007) - starring Stone Cold Steve Austin

12 Rounds (2009) - starring John Cena

The Marine 2 (2010) - starring Ted DiBiase, Jr.[4][6]

Suckerpunch (TBA) - starring The Big Show[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Studios

During last night's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, John Cena said he has a problem with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson because of the way he left pro wrestling. Johnson has stated that he loved the business but did not intend on returning when he became a movie star, and Cena said how that has affected wrestling fans when he is gone to film movies.

"He's obviously got his start in the WWE, gone onto movies, but in the process, the whole time while he was in the WWE, he just preached to our fans -- who are very loyal -- how much he loved the business," Cena said of Johnson. "He says he loves the business so much, but then just up and leaves. So here I am, I've done The Marine, I'm still working full-time for the WWE, I've got 12 Rounds coming out and everybody's asking, 'When are you leaving?'"

As opposed to when The Rock did movies, and everybody asked him when he was coming back.

This didn't get enough love.

And Epic Reine, you're correct on all of that.

By pulling stunts like these, the WWE is running the risk of permanently pissing Dwayne Johnson off to the point where he will have nothing to do with them in the future. I'm sure Dwayne is probably thinking, "Am I really getting called out by a guy who releases a movie that barely cracks the top 10, if that?"

I'm not a Cena hater by any stretch, but this is getting ridiculous. As I've said before, even if the Dwayne came back (and we all know he won't) for a match against Cena... Cena would be booed out of the building worse than he was against RVD at One Night Stand. The people would absolutely shit all over him if he's in the ring with The Rock. Hell, Dwayne could heel it up far more than he ever did, insult the fans as much as possible, and basically perform human sacrifice in the ring... and they audience STILL would prefer him over Cena.

It's been said on this board before, but it needs repeating. Like Austin, The Rock represented a character most of the audience wanted to be - the smack talking sharply dressed guy, who KNOWS he's money (Much as Austin was the guy that was telling off his boss and getting away with it). No one, outside of the youngest portion of audience (Yes, I know this is who they are catering to, but the adults still have to bring them to the shows), wants to be like the squeaky clean John Cena. That ship has sailed long ago.

By pulling stunts like these, the WWE is running the risk of permanently pissing Dwayne Johnson off to the point where he will have nothing to do with them in the future. I'm sure Dwayne is probably thinking, "Am I really getting called out by a guy who releases a movie that barely cracks the top 10, if that?"

I'm not a Cena hater by any stretch, but this is getting ridiculous. As I've said before, even if the Dwayne came back (and we all know he won't) for a match against Cena... Cena would be booed out of the building worse than he was against RVD at One Night Stand. The people would absolutely shit all over him if he's in the ring with The Rock. Hell, Dwayne could heel it up far more than he ever did, insult the fans as much as possible, and basically perform human sacrifice in the ring... and they audience STILL would prefer him over Cena.

It's been said on this board before, but it needs repeating. Like Austin, The Rock represented a character most of the audience wanted to be - the smack talking sharply dressed guy, who KNOWS he's money (Much as Austin was the guy that was telling off his boss and getting away with it). No one, outside of the youngest portion of audience (Yes, I know this is who they are catering to, but the adults still have to bring them to the shows), wants to be like the squeaky clean John Cena. That ship has sailed long ago.

Yep Cena is the most bland Wrestler of all time, he may have improved in the ring but his gimmick and promo's are painful to anyone over the age of 10.

Bear in mind that the vast majority of today's wwe fans started watching after Rock retired. Cena is the big star of their tenure of wrestling fandom. Yes, Cena would get booed and Rock cheered, but the heat would be evenly distributed. Anybody else who was in there for the Rock's big return would just be ignored by the crowd.

And Cena doesn't write his promos now. He wrote his raps way back when, and they were a hell of lot more creative than Dwayne's "popcorn fart"/"you hump cows" shit was.

On the rare occasion where Cena is allowed to be an intense badass, he has shown that he can do that better than the Rock as well.

I know i'm just an "eight year old Cena fan" as they would say on YouTube, but somebody's gotta play devil's advocate to all you cool Attitude Era fans.

And btw, I completely disagree w/Cena about the Rock.

Bear in mind that the vast majority of today's wwe fans started watching after Rock retired. Cena is the big star of their tenure of wrestling fandom. Yes, Cena would get booed and Rock cheered, but the heat would be evenly distributed. Anybody else who was in there for the Rock's big return would just be ignored by the crowd.

And Cena doesn't write his promos now. He wrote his raps way back when, and they were a hell of lot more creative than Dwayne's "popcorn fart"/"you hump cows" shit was.

On the rare occasion where Cena is allowed to be an intense badass, he has shown that he can do that better than the Rock as well.

I know i'm just an "eight year old Cena fan" as they would say on YouTube, but somebody's gotta play devil's advocate to all you cool Attitude Era fans.

And btw, I completely disagree w/Cena about the Rock.

Popcorn fart ?

You need to hit Youtube and start watching some of The Rocks promos.

To say Cena is better than The Rock on the mic should earn you a week vacation from here.

Start with these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEZuVFqq54...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBJRqG70Sc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEScrRSrv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBP6hRMecjI...feature=related