TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

TSM Remembers: The Boogeyman

Did they really need to bring Kane over JUST to beat him before he was released?

I though the primary reason was to promote Kane's movie showing on Sci Fi. Getting to squash Boogeyman out was an added bonus.

Was I the only one who liked Boogeyman?

I mean, I know that after every single release there has to be somebody on the board who belatedly nails his colours to the wall and says "you know what, I really liked Bam Neely and enjoyed every match he ever had, I hope TNA snap him up he could be the future of wrestling!", but it's true. Boogey was a good hand for a silly midcard gimmick. The worm thing was unique. His entrance was maybe second only to Undertaker's. I'll miss him.

I mean, I know that after every single release there has to be somebody on the board who belatedly nails his colours to the wall and says "you know what, I really liked Bam Neely and enjoyed every match he ever had, I hope TNA snap him up he could be the future of wrestling!", but it's true. Boogey was a good hand for a silly midcard gimmick. The worm thing was unique. His entrance was maybe second only to Undertaker's. I'll miss him.

I agree with all except the bolded.

Yeah, he was pretty decent. I don't think he's the future of wrestling or anything either but he could have a good gimmick in TNA...if WWE hasn't trademarked 'The Boogeyman' name...

I agree with all except the bolded.

I can't think of anyone else who could be number two.

Maybe Orton?

Boogeyman embraced his gimmick like few others. Between the bells he was nothing to write home about, but his entrance, and backstage segments were always solid. He probably could have been put in a tag team and stuck around for a while longer, but considering he tried to lie his way on to tough Enough when he was 40 years old, he must be 45 years old by now.

Boogeyman embraced his gimmick like few others. Between the bells he was nothing to write home about, but his entrance, and backstage segments were always solid. He probably could have been put in a tag team and stuck around for a while longer, but considering he tried to lie his way on to tough Enough when he was 40 years old, he must be 45 years old by now.

Except the gimmick is a one trick pony.

No problems here with Boogeyman. He had a unique ringstyle to say the least, and I just got a laugh out of watching him move in the ring. I'm sure Booker T will help him find work in TNA.

I remember watching the Tough Enough casting thingy and thinking that Marty showed tons of passion/charisma. That he made it to the WWE and stayed there for over three years says something. Seeing The Boogeyman and Donald Trump on screen together was something else, in spite of Trump's no-sell.

Boogeyman was kind of an Ultimate Warrior type. Had a weird and unique gimmick that he totally threw himself into, had an exciting entrance that grabbed the crowd's attention, got real over with the kids and casual fans. Unfortunately, his wrestling skills were about the same as Warrior's, if not even worse.

It's an insult to the Ultimate Warrior to have his wrestling skills compared to the Boogeyman. Boogeyman was just one notch above guys like Khali, El Gigante, etc. Where as at least The Warrior can have a good match when motivated to do so with the right guy.

The Boogeyman was interesting enough, and regardless of his wrestling skills he could have probably done a little bit more than he ended up doing. But for coming in so late in life, he should be pretty proud of what he accomplished.

Was I the only who wanted to see Taker and Boogy cross pathes? Hell, even a casket match just to bury the man on the way out would be great.

He did milk the gimmick pretty good, so I gotta give him credit for that.

Coming to TNA in a few weeks............... BOOGIE-Man.

A cheezy rip-off of the disco inferno, smell the ratings Russo, SMELL it.

Yeah, I sat next to a middle aged, Boogeyman mark at the last house show I went to in June '06. Even if he (and 75% of the section I was in) gave me dirty looks for rooting for Finlay against Bobby Lashley.That's all I really have to add.

dx1997: If you wanna see Taker/Boogey cross paths, play Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 and play Undertaker's "Road to WrestleMania" story.

Really eh? I didn't know they would actually program that into the game.

dx1997: If you wanna see Taker/Boogey cross paths, play Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 and play Undertaker's "Road to WrestleMania" story.

Really eh? I didn't know they would actually program that into the game.

You have no idea. The storyline is incredibly outlandish. It makes Russo's stuff look like it was written by Heyman. (Don''t get me wrong, it was entertaining as all hell... just a lot of "what the fuck!?" moments in it.)

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it yet, but... Zombie Santino. That is all.

I really don't understand how the WWE doesn't know what to do with someone who they can't move up the card. The fun midcard acts during the old days were a valuable thing for live shows and merchandise. There was a reason why sometimes stuff like Too Cool & Rikishi would be the most over thing in the building. Not everyone is meant to be a top guy.