TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Meeting Sports Entertainers - Autographs, etc.

As a supplement to my live Smackdown report, as far as pictures / autographs after the show went Ted Jr, Festus, Kizarny, and R-Truth were all very nice and signed for everyone. Jesse and Shelton were pricks who wouldn't stop for anyone, and Orton was cursing at children.

MVP and Maria are supposed to be signing autographs at a local K-Mart on Saturday afternoon. My girlfriend and I are planning to go. I'll try to take some pictures while we're there.

Maria's ass is really nice, I've seen her take care of fans even if they came to her in a mob.

I met MVP last year at a signing when he was still the US Champion. He was also nice and out of character, which caught me by surprise. He was very humble and took a few minutes to talk to me and my buddy and thanked us for coming before giving some free autographed 8x10s of him. He was the only Superstar there and his line was LONG. You would've thought it would be for John Cena or Jeff Hardy. It was shocking to see as I didn't think he would get such a big turnout given the fact that he was still a heel at the time.

I met MVP last year at a signing when he was still the US Champion. He was also nice and out of character, which caught me by surprise. He was very humble and took a few minutes to talk to me and my buddy and thanked us for coming before giving some free autographed 8x10s of him. He was the only Superstar there and his line was LONG. You would've thought it would be for John Cena or Jeff Hardy. It was shocking to see as I didn't think he would get such a big turnout given the fact that he was still a heel at the time.

I had quite the opposite experience with MVP early last year. I saw him at a hotel where the wrestlers were staying and waited until he finished his breakfast so I didn't bother him. Once he came out and I asked him if he could have a picture with me and he just said "No. I only take pictures with women" and he just walked off. He didn't yell or anything but I still found it very rude.

Maria's really nice, I've seen her take care of fans even if they came to her in a mob.

He was a dick when I met him

I bet MVP is a lot more careful about what he says lately after that whole shit with the drug tester.

At least you can kind of make out his name. Some wrestling autographs you can make out perfectly like Hogan or Batista, while others like Mick Foley, you wouldn't know unless somebody told you. John Cena does this weird star design when he signs for some reason.

I met Dwayne Johnson today. Really nice guy

That's awesome. Where did you meet him?

I had quite the opposite experience with MVP early last year. I saw him at a hotel where the wrestlers were staying and waited until he finished his breakfast so I didn't bother him. Once he came out and I asked him if he could have a picture with me and he just said "No. I only take pictures with women" and he just walked off. He didn't yell or anything but I still found it very rude.

Damn, that sucks. That's why I hate approaching heel wrestlers because most likely they'll blow you off just for the Hell of it.

Edit: Thanks for posting the match, David. Its still hilarious to see Boogeyman go over JBL clean in record time.

Damn, that sucks. That's why I hate approaching heel wrestlers because most likely they'll blow you just for the Hell of it.

Well, guess I'm approaching Maryse next time she's in town.

That's awesome. Where did you meet him?

At SNL. He's hosting this week

No shit? Looks like I'm taping SNL tonight.

Here's a recap of the MVP/Maria autograph signing at the local K-Mart this afternoon. The session was supposed to run 3-5, but they didn't show until 3:30. The fact that K-Mart had the air conditioning turned off definitely didn't help things considering there was at least 1000 + people in line. I've always thought of myself as a bit of a geek, but not so much after this experience. You always see the oddest people at these things.

I picked up an MVP action figure earlier in the week for him to sign, even though they were signing generic WWE fliers anyways. Now, here is my issue. Do any of you guys take merchandise that doesn't feature or have anything to do with the wrestler doing the autograph, to be signed? An example was a fellow a few steps up from me in line, who brought a BIG SHOW figure for MVP to sign, and a KOFI KINGSTON figure for Maria to sign. A woman a little further up in line brought a Triple H poster. Then, a couple folks behind me were saying "I'm gonna get Maria to sign my fishing license" and his buddy countered that with "I'm gonna get her to sign my hunting license". Only in the south.......

Anyways, it took us 2 hours to move through the line. When I was about 5 people away from being at the autograph table, MVP asked the security head to tell the rest of the crowd that they would make time for everyone, and make sure everyone left happy, so don't be in a rush. It was my turn to go the the table, and MVP and Maria were more than gracious and very polite. MVP signed my figure's backing card, and thanked me for coming. My girlfriend came with me, and she was next in line. The next thing I heard was Maria yell out "HI! HOW ARE YOU?!?!?!", talking to my girlfriend. My girlfriend is in a wheelchair, but that's beside the point. Maria then stood up, left the autograph table, and walked up to my girlfriend to talk to her for a few minutes. After I thanked MVP, he saw Maria talking to Denise, and he too stood up, walked up to her, posed for a photo, and thanked both of us for coming. Both were class acts and a joy to interact with for the couple of minutes we chatted with them. Below is the picture of Denise with MVP.

MVPandDenise.jpg

Corino, Muta,and who is the other guy?

I find it funny you recognize Corino and not the Sandman Bob.

Why? I just think it's weird for Sandman to be working with Muta, Corino is all over the Japanese scene.

Why? I just think it's weird for Sandman to be working with Muta, Corino is all over the Japanese scene.

That actually took place at the WrestleFanFest at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in Oct of 2007 and you're right the booking for the show was really weird. This was the fanfest that basically fell apart due to the guy putting the whole convention on basically lying to everyone, fucking everything over, and letting everything go to chaos. Big Vision Entertainment who was taping the Friday night wrestling show ended up taking over the booking of the show, but a lot of things got changed even after they took the booking over.

It was originally scheduled to be Great Muta vs Ultimo Dragon in a regular match and The Sandman and Steve Corino were suppose to be in this 7 man hardcore match and what I think happen, though I'm not to sure how exactly the story goes, Corino got the main event changed to himself w/ Franchine vs The Sandman w/ Baby Doll vs The Great Muta w/ Bobcat in a hardcore match.

The booking for the main event was pretty cool for the crowd cause a lot of surprises happen. Corino and Francine came out and cut a promo for a little while, then the Sandman came out (drunk by the way) and cuts a promo then introduces Baby Doll as his equalizer for Francine. Before the match starts, Baby Doll who is on the outside swings the cane at Corino's feet and Corino gets on the mic and demands that I DQ the Sandman and Baby Doll and make him the winner. I then cut a promo saying that it's a hardcore match, which means no DQ and no count outs. I ring the bell and get things under way then The Great Muta makes his entrance and adds himself to the match. As we wait for Muta to get to the ring, Corino and Sandman are now saying things to try and make me laugh.

Muta comes into the wrestling and they all get the match going. There was a cool spot with all three of them and a guardrail, Baby Doll and Francine got into a cat fight where I had to try and pull them off one another, Muta sprayed the mist into Sandman's face, and then just when Cornio is about to hit Baby Doll, DDP slides in and gives Corino the diamond cutter (I actually didn't know DDP was getting involved.). Muta then hit Corino with the Shining Wizard and then locks a STF on him to tap Corino out. The crowd loved it.

Muta comes into the wrestling and they all get the match going. There was a cool spot with all three of them and a guardrail, Baby Doll and Francine got into a cat fight where I had to try and pull them off one another, Muta sprayed the mist into Sandman's face, and then just when Cornio is about to hit Baby Doll, DDP slides in and gives Corino the diamond cutter (I actually didn't know DDP was getting involved.). Muta then hit Corino with the Shining Wizard and then locks a STF on him to tap Corino out. The crowd loved it.

That's awesome.

That actually took place at the WrestleFanFest at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in Oct of 2007 and you're right the booking for the show was really weird. This was the fanfest that basically fell apart due to the guy putting the whole convention on basically lying to everyone, fucking everything over, and letting everything go to chaos. Big Vision Entertainment who was taping the Friday night wrestling show ended up taking over the booking of the show, but a lot of things got changed even after they took the booking over.

It was originally scheduled to be Great Muta vs Ultimo Dragon in a regular match and The Sandman and Steve Corino were suppose to be in this 7 man hardcore match and what I think happen, though I'm not to sure how exactly the story goes, Corino got the main event changed to himself w/ Franchine vs The Sandman w/ Baby Doll vs The Great Muta w/ Bobcat in a hardcore match.

The booking for the main event was pretty cool for the crowd cause a lot of surprises happen. Corino and Francine came out and cut a promo for a little while, then the Sandman came out (drunk by the way) and cuts a promo then introduces Baby Doll as his equalizer for Francine. Before the match starts, Baby Doll who is on the outside swings the cane at Corino's feet and Corino gets on the mic and demands that I DQ the Sandman and Baby Doll and make him the winner. I then cut a promo saying that it's a hardcore match, which means no DQ and no count outs. I ring the bell and get things under way then The Great Muta makes his entrance and adds himself to the match. As we wait for Muta to get to the ring, Corino and Sandman are now saying things to try and make me laugh.

Does a video of this exist? Youtube, anyone? I'm curious.