Dallas @ Golden State, 10:30

Sat, Mar. 20

Utah @ Miami, 1:00

Charlotte @ Minnesota, 8:00

New Orleans @ Chicago, 8:30

San Antonio @ Houston, 8:30

LA Clippers @ Denver, 9:00 NBATV

Oklahoma City @ Phoenix, 10:00

Anyone know if Oden's injury is serious?

Wow, this sounds like a broken record.

Guest Vitamin X

HOLY SHIT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Fuck you, Lakers. You pissed off Brandon Roy, of all people.

They killed Rudy! You can't do that!

EDIT: Stretchers out for Rudy now, and Ariza's been ejected. Definitely a suspension for him and dumbass Odom who got off the bench to get in the brawl. Nice of Jordan Farmar for being the only fucking Laker to come over and see if Rudy was okay, whereas everyone else was concerning themselves with throwing down for Ariza. Fuck that shit.

He will, he is going to be a bench player.

And Orlando is my Team B, but damn if the Pistons aren't in their heads.

HOLY SHIT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Fuck you, Lakers. You pissed off Brandon Roy, of all people.

They killed Rudy! You can't do that!

EDIT: Stretchers out for Rudy now, and Ariza's been ejected. Definitely a suspension for him and dumbass Odom who got off the bench to get in the brawl. Nice of Jordan Farmar for being the only fucking Laker to come over and see if Rudy was okay, whereas everyone else was concerning themselves with throwing down for Ariza. Fuck that shit.

Ariza definitely deserved to be ejected due to how he acted after the foul. There was no need to act all tough.

Fanhouse said the injury wasn't too severe.

Well thank god I turned off that mess at halftime. And Ariza and Odom might be suspended? Might be good for them both. Luckily, LA still leads the season series 2-1, with one more in the Rose Garden. I don't remember the last time the Lakers won up there.

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell want to see Lakers v. Blazers in the playoffs.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh god do Miami's jerseys really say "EL HEAT" on them? That is all kinds of awful and awesome at the same time.

Well thank god I turned off that mess at halftime. And Ariza and Odom might be suspended? Might be good for them both. Luckily, LA still leads the season series 2-1, with one more in the Rose Garden. I don't remember the last time the Lakers won up there.

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell want to see Lakers v. Blazers in the playoffs.

I don't know if Portland can take a playoff series, especially without homecourt, but the second meeting between the two clubs- without Brandon Roy- was pretty competitive until the last few minutes if I remember correctly. Last night both teams were at full strength, too.

The biggest thing about the game was we found out how explosive Portland's offense can be if they would just push the tempo a little bit more. The more they settle into the half-court, dribble the ball around and pass it four times before someone like Blake or Aldridge just says fuck it and jacks up a shit shot, the worse they look. That first quarter where they were running the ball every which way was more like it. Portland certainly has the youth, energy, and depth to pull an offense like that off, maybe it's just they were waiting for the training wheels to come off before they could push that?

Got a first place tie now between Portland and Utah in the Northwest division.

VX, remember the Lakers are getting Bynum back at the end of the month. So, the Lakers weren't at full strength, technically.

Portland can gun it at will it seems. Look out if they end up being a three or four seed.

As a Laker fan, I loved seeing the Rose Garden rock like that. Lakers v. Blazers is one of my favorite rivalries. And hopefully with the resurgence of the Blazers, we get a new chapter in the rivalry.

At least that Ariza foul was pretty clearly a play at the ball. I don't want to support a team who does that shit on purpose.

This team hasn't been very good the last few games, so perhaps this was the wakeup call they needed. Even in wins against Memphis and Minnesota, they looked soft.

Guest Czech please!

That Wade three was something. That's why you don't give John Salmons the ball for the game-winning shot. You're supposed to give it to Derrick Rose, or even Ben Gordon, who was making threes left and right at the end there. We've heard after a few other games that Vinny made sure to get lots of possessions for Salmons and Miller so they'd "feel welcome" or something. If that's why Salmons (though no slouch) had the ball in the final seconds, coming off the heels of Paxson telling Vinny through the media "hey dipshit, play our best player in the 4th quarter," the imminent demise of Timfloyd Del Boylan might be slightly accelerated.

Guest Vitamin X
VX, remember the Lakers are getting Bynum back at the end of the month. So, the Lakers weren't at full strength, technically.

Oden was out tonight also, and is probably coming back around the same time Bynum is. Oden is probably around where Bynum was last season or so, but he's still a great defensive presence if not pretty much useless on the offensive end except in some occasions. Przybilla was probably getting exhausted as hell towards the end there, although Aldridge didn't do too bad filling in at center when needed.

As a Laker fan, I loved seeing the Rose Garden rock like that. Lakers v. Blazers is one of my favorite rivalries. And hopefully with the resurgence of the Blazers, we get a new chapter in the rivalry.

Agreed. It's great for all parties involved, although I haven't seen that many whistles go against the Blazers at the Rose Garden in well... fuck, forever.

At least that Ariza foul was pretty clearly a play at the ball. I don't want to support a team who does that shit on purpose.

It certainly looks that way until you look at it in real time. It looks like Ariza was going for an intentional foul to stop Rudy, but why the swipe at the head, then? That's why Fernandez lost his balance and came down as hard as he did.

Ariza is very lucky that Fernandez only has a bruised chest and hip pointer.

This team hasn't been very good the last few games, so perhaps this was the wakeup call they needed. Even in wins against Memphis and Minnesota, they looked soft.

Minnesota's not as easy as they look. They took Portland to the wire just a couple days before the Laker game, actually, at the Rose Garden too.

Guest Vitamin X

By the way, here's the Rudy injury (in multiple replays, speeds, and en Espanol!).

Slow motion under the basket doesn't quite get it, but look at Ariza's arm in real-time from the press box. It's clearly going for the back of Rudy's head, unless Ariza thinks he's fucking Stretch Armstrong or something.

Lakers are dead and buried. They are not even getting out of the first round. I would not normally say that after a blowout loss (it happens), but the Lakers can not beat Portland, Phoenix, or Denver on the road. They are not winning at Houston without Odom, nor will they win at San Antonio. No one can stop the Jazz. How are they going to beat any of these teams four times in a seven-game series. They are not.

Lakers are dead and buried. They are not even getting out of the first round. I would not normally say that after a blowout loss (it happens), but the Lakers can not beat Portland, Phoenix, or Denver on the road. They are not winning at Houston without Odom, nor will they win at San Antonio. No one can stop the Jazz. How are they going to beat any of these teams four times in a seven-game series. They are not.

You do realize that the #1 seed does NOT have to win on the road to win a series right?

Need I remind that we bounced all these fucking "contenders" last year? These Western Conference teams can lick my balls.

Guest Vitamin X

I think it'd be crazy to say the Lakers will fall out of the top spot with only 19 games left on their schedule, and with the next closest competitors being 7 games behind (that would be San Antonio), it'd take a bit of a collapse for it to happen, but it's entirely possible.

Of the 19 games left on the Lakers schedule, they still have to play @HOU, @SA, DAL, HOU, DEN, @POR, UTA. That's 7 games right there against Western Conference opponents who are trying to stay alive in that #2-8 seed race in the West which is only separated by a couple games, with SA at 7 games behind L.A. and Dallas at the #8 spot being 11.5. Phoenix still has an outside shot, and everyone else in the West is fucked. Then there's the Eastern Conference "opponents" they still have to play who are currently slotted in the top 8 playoff spots: PHI, @CHI (to Czech's chagrin), @DET, @NJ (they're only a 1/2 game out of a playoff spot), @ATL, and @MIL (same situation as NJ). Now, they could probably win all of these games, especially the one at home against Philly and on the road against Milwaukee, but these 13 games out of the 19 the Lakers have left are all against opponents that still have something to play for. Say they split these 13 games, and they lose that hold on the #1 seed.

Again, it's probable L.A. will hold on, especially if San Antonio loses a couple more games, but it's not assured quite yet.

My vote for the biggest POS team this year:

THE TORONTO RAPTORS.

On paper, they look good, they have a decent starting 5 in terms of talent, but just can't get it done. Even before the trade, they were crap. This team just lacks effort and as a person who actually sees them play, I call them a bigger disappointment than the Clippers.

Seriously, what's going on?

You do realize that the #1 seed does NOT have to win on the road to win a series right?

It wasn't until Detroit beat Boston in Boston that the Celtics woke the fuck up and starting playing like champs. And coming back from 24 down in L.A. sealed the title. Sure, the Lakers can win every home game, except that they won't win every home game. And it does not look like they are going to beat another good team on the road this year.

Guest Czech please!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-1...0,4094367.story

ORLANDO -- With healthy bodies at a low and minutes played at a high, Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro canceled practice Tuesday and took his team bowling to blow off steam.

Everybody's taking guys to lunch these days!

Take the shitheads bowling. Take them bowling!

EDIT: Turns out they all no-showed Norm Van Lier's funeral, so the epithet is justified.

Wow losing by 9 at the half, to a team the Lakers have beat twice already. Karc, have you watched basketball this season? Or are you just one of those bitter Laker haters? And anyways, the Lakers have beat the Celtics, Cavs, Hornets, Nuggets, Mavericks (all good teams) on the road this year (Lakers have most of their home games already so more roadies are coming), so you most definitely wrong on that account.

So, Karc. Who are the Lakers going to lose to in the first round? I seriously await your response.