TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Funkenstein PhD

The WKO 100 is Finally in!

Now that you bring it up...Angle had a really good year with matches against Nagata on Global Impact, Christian at the first 2 ppvs, Joe at Lockdown, Jarrett at BFG, Styles a couple times and Abyss...where he had really good and different matches with all of them.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
This board seems less retarded than the others. In the other boards they wondered why Triple H and Kurt Angle weren't on the list. :rolleyes:

Yeah man, fuck HHH. I HHHate him, always holding down people.

Big Show at 15 is awesome. Just as a random example Masato Tanaka is 80. Tanaka was involved in a shit ton of good to great matches during the Z1 vs NJPW war.

Now that you bring it up...Angle had a really good year with matches against Joe at Lockdown, Jarrett at BFG

I hated those two matches.

Just as a random example Masato Tanaka is 80. Tanaka was involved in a shit ton of good to great matches during the Z1 vs NJPW war.

I don't remember if I put Tanaka on my list, but I did put Kanemoto for their match together.

The list was made up by about a dozen guys who all voted their top 100 favorites for the year. For each list, the guy at #1 got 100 points, #2 got 99, #100 got 1, and so on. The point totals were all added up and that's where the final list came from. They asked me to participate, but I just don't have that kind of concentration to come up with a list of a hundred guys in order of how much I like their work. They do certainly tend to have a different mindset than most smark boards, including a love of lucha libre, big hosses, Southern old-school, and anything remotely related to the word "Battlearts".

97. Chris Michaels

He's still wrestling?

Not anymore, was just forced to retire a couple months ago due to spinal damage.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Any list of best 100 workers for an entire year that has a guy who wrestled exactly once can be safely ignored.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Also I don't know how it could be said that Vladimir Kozlov had a better year than:

105 DICK TOGO

112. ATSUSHI AOKI

129 YUJI NAGATA

131 SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

132 HIROSHI TANAHASHI

138 NAOMICHI MARUFUJI

147 HIROOKI GOTO

157 GO SHIOZAKI

158 MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI

172 KURT ANGLE

190 SUWAMA

222 BxB HULK

240 SHINGO TAKAGI

243 NARUKI DOI

244 MASATO YOSHINO

271 GENBA HIRAYANAGI

I left most of the ROH/TNA guys off because I'm only 3 months into ROH's 2008 and have seen only a handful of tna matches.

Mochi had one good match (w/Minoru vs Sawa/Hidaka), ditto Togo(vs Don Fuji). Dragongate dudes suck. Kurt Angle has sucked for the longest time. Suwama not only sucks, he makes me hate wrestling. I was one of the 3 that put Goto on my list. Mayweather's one match was brilliant as well as Carl Greco and Fujiwara's so that's why they made it to the list.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

There's a ton of lucha guys on the list who have all the flaws that Dragongate guys have. Dragongate must be doing something right since they're one of the only company's in Japan that are still growing in popularity.

Angle vs Joe is pretty much universally considered at least very good, and I'm not a big Angle fan or anything.

The Mayweather match was hardly "brilliant" it was pretty good.

Which one of the DVDVR/WKO guys is misteriorana? S.L.L.? Phil Schneider? What are your thoughts on worked punches, Mr. Rana?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Schneider would probably have more to say than just saying someone sucked.

This board seems less retarded than the others. In the other boards they wondered why Triple H and Kurt Angle weren't on the list. :rolleyes:

God forbid! How dare they even question you guys?

You! THE authority on everything good in wrestling!

They betta recognize! :rolleyes:

"The best wrestlers of 2008 according to 12 nerds too elitist even for DVDVR"

Finally! The definitive list we've all been waiting for.

I do love me some Mark Henry though.

56. Shawn Michaels

55. Ian Rotten

*brain explodes*

This is like doing the PWI 500 by drawing lots from a fishbowl. Right down to the random Puro names near the top to give the list 'credibility'. Awful.

Chuck Taylor

Great [ 1 ] [7.69%]

Good [ 4 ] [30.77%]

OK [ 1 ] [7.69%]

Bad [ 7 ] [53.85%]

Okay you people seriously know nothing about wrestling.

I normally love lists like this because of the debate they cause, but seriously, this is bad.

I saw exactly one Go Shiozaki match in 2008, and it was a match of the year candidate. All of Mark Henry's work combined in 2008 couldn't carry Shiozaki's jockstrap in that one match.

I don't follow Japan or lucha much (I'd know the names but not have seen many of their matches, particularly the lucha guys) so I'd have to take other people's word on it, but I've never scratched my head so much on one list.

97. Chris Michaels

He's still wrestling?

Not anymore, was just forced to retire a couple months ago due to spinal damage.

I thought his retirement was a couple of years ago, which is the immediate reason I began to question this list even before seeing Mark Henry on the list.

Mark Henry has been a cause celebre for the DVDVR crowd for years. Former (?) TSM poster Bix likes to accuse Henry's detractors of being racist, so it's kind of hard to debate!

Mark Henry has been a cause celebre for the DVDVR crowd for years. Former (?) TSM poster Bix likes to accuse Henry's detractors of being racist, so it's kind of hard to debate!

In 06, weren't they saying Henry was better than HBK and Angle? And they also love Undertaker, they kept calling him MUGATaker. Or at least Zsasz did.

Of course he was better than HBK and Angle. Without Benoit around to carry Angle, he's been exposed as a looney tunes motherfucker who has very limited understanding of selling. I don't know if Benoit is guilty of killing Nancy and Daniel, I was not there (nor have the whereabouts of Bill Goldberg on that night have been addressed), but I do know Benoit is guilty of making people think Kurt Angle is a good wrestler.

"The best wrestlers of 2008 according to 12 nerds too elitist even for DVDVR"

Finally! The definitive list we've all been waiting for.

Wrong, we have legendary comp maker Phil Schnider and he was on the international panel of wrestling historians who helped compile the list.

Did you ever wonder why every other board has the same general reaction to this "international panel of wrestling historians" (read: dumb wrestling fans who've been dumber for longer than newer dumb wrestling fans) created list.

Because in addition to your comment, I've seen this posted a couple of other places, to the same general reaction that it's an awful list.

Maybe there's a common denominator there?

Wrong, we have legendary comp maker Phil Schnider

Who?

What is the judging criteria for this list? I'm not seeing signs of objectivity here.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Not to be a dick but why was Jingus asked to take part if it's supposed to be done by wrestling historians? Last I checked he hardly qualifys as a historian.

You guys can't tell Funky's being a wee bit facetious? The list is their real list they really came up with, representing who they like to watch wrestle. His many goofy comments in this thread, are not quite so real. I mean, c'mon man, the Goldberg line wasn't a giveaway?

Oh, you're those "to cool to conform" kinda boards. Well, why didn't you say so. You guys are cool.

U wanna cyber?

You make fun of me as if I'm a clown, but you have a signature of something that is not even real. It's clearly a picture of a roach photoshopped to make it look like it has a toy gun and a crown.

Chuck Taylor

Great [ 1 ] [7.69%]

Good [ 4 ] [30.77%]

OK [ 1 ] [7.69%]

Bad [ 7 ] [53.85%]

Okay you people seriously know nothing about wrestling.

The Roach speaks the truth.