TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

JBL bails out OVW.

JBL does a good thing.

This is from JBL's latest blog:

http://fans.wwe.com/jbl/blog/2009/03/07/ovw

I am the sponsor of OVW, it is true. Danny Davis is my good friend and I hate to see anyone lose their dream. Danny has mortgaged his home to make this work; I mortgaged my home for Layfield Energy. I understand passion, I understand love. I believe in the American spirit, I believe that if you want to achieve, you can.

My company is doing well, and I can promise you I don't take one account or one customer for granted. I am going to sponsor what Danny is doing. It will be much more than just wrestling. Trust me; we are going to do some really cool things. This will unfold in the next few months, I have big plans for what we are doing.

But for now, I am funding all of OVW, because I believe in what they are doing. One day I will tell all, but for now, I will say that I am doing what is right.

I started in places like OVW; these places have to be protected. These places are sacred, and I don't do this for nostalgia, I do it as a business decision. This is not just my BS plan to give back; I have a plan-believe me.

By the way, can I tell you-Wrestlemania, I am doing something historic. Write this down, put it in stone; I am doing something that will shock the world of wrestling. I am doing something that will change the WWE forever. Mark my words.

The big story here is the entire OVW deal, and nothing will likely come of the "something historic" deal.

Anyone know offhand what JBL's legitimate net worth is right now?

I haven't watched OVW since a few weeks after the WWE pulled all the talent. I stayed with it for a few weeks but it started sucking so bad and was so embarrassingly bush league that I stopped bothering. JBL better have a plan to get the WWE funding back, because right now OVW is basically dead in the water.

On pwinsider they said OVW lost its TV deal, but I saw it listed last night as usual at 11:00pm. Didn't turn it on though. I might have to at least check next week to see if it really isn't on the air.

I am the sponsor of OVW, it is true. Danny Davis is my good friend and I hate to see anyone lose their dream

Unless it's killing the gimmick for a debuting developmental. Ryan Braddock was going to be an apprentice for JBL, but Layfield didn't feel he had "it", and didn't want a jobber in such role. Ryan Braddock was just endeavored.

Regarding his historic WM plans, if you read the leaked Raw script it spoiled what that is.

He's going after the IC title - Basically he's going to put over the title like Regal had wanted to. With Punk in MITB I wonder how that will work. It might be a neat idea for Punk to give up his MITB spot to defend his IC title.

I am the sponsor of OVW, it is true. Danny Davis is my good friend and I hate to see anyone lose their dream

Unless it's killing the gimmick for a debuting developmental. Ryan Braddock was going to be an apprentice for JBL, but Layfield didn't feel he had "it", and didn't want a jobber in such role. Ryan Braddock was just endeavored.

Regarding his historic WM plans, if you read the leaked Raw script it spoiled what that is.

He's going after the IC title - Basically he's going to put over the title like Regal had wanted to. With Punk in MITB I wonder how that will work. It might be a neat idea for Punk to give up his MITB spot to defend his IC title.

How is that historic and how does it "shock the world of wrestling" and "change WWE forever" ?