TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Agent of Oblivion question of the day

Guest Agent of Oblivion
What do you think Marvin's doing now that he's not posting here anymore?

Probably continuing his long work days cooking stuff for people, then spending his days off with his wonderful and accepting girlfriend of many years now, enjoying some HDTV (which is awesome and everyone should just get with the program on that front).

Take care pal! People who don't give a shit about current events miss ya!

Stalking Glenn Beck.

Damnit, I was gonna say that. First thing that came to mind.

I'll go with, planning a trip to a theme park to look at rides he can't ride due to his heart condition.

Guest Czech please!

He's probably writing in that blog he used to maintain, where he'd rant about SaRAH pALIN AND gLENn Beck (woa, hit caps lock there but I'm not going back to fix it) and plotting his revenge against me. It's been about a week since he quit the board, so the withdrawal symptoms should be kicking in pretty soon, maybe in a day or so. He'll probably just go post at The Pit, where he will be warmly welcomed. Or he's just talking to himself at the Orioles message board or something. Who cares. He sucked. Yes he did, Dr. Venkman.

Of course he did, but now I miss his random contributions to food and wrestling related threads. I find myself thinking "what would Marvin say about this?". And then I move on.

He'll probably just go post at The Pit, where he will be warmly welcomed.

If by "warmly welcomed" you mean "flamed incessantly", then yeah. We don't want him either.

Guest Vitamin X
Of course he did, but now I miss his random contributions to food and wrestling related threads. I find myself thinking "what would Marvin say about this?". And then I move on.

I don't know about wrestling, but what contributions in food? He barely posted there, and he's nowhere near a notable poster there. His greatest post there ever was to try putting a dash of cinnamon when making chili (which, to his credit, is a pretty decent little addition). That's it.

To answer the question, probably being a cheapskate, following his favorite teams on his own, and posting on some other messageboards where his kind are more readily accepted. No big loss at all, really. There's a guy who we all kind of liked as the Andy Kaufman and HDTV guy, who then slowly but surely descended into trolling madness- increasingly aware that he was completely rejected by the TSM community, yet blissfully ignorant of why, or why he should care. It wasn't just CE where he was terrible: He was awful in the Movies folder (What's that story about storming out pissed or yelling at a manager or something because they weren't showing a game in HD or it was in Standard Def. but all stretched out or something?), abysmal in the Sports folder (the AFC Championship game alone had him posting about two-three times as much as the next poster in the thread. It was bad enough to where I just decided to merge all posts into one and tell him to knock it off. I was ready to ban him there, but was kept being told to hold my fire.) and really bad in the Love, Sex, and Dating folder (the whole Hershey Park and woe is me Strong Sad business). Then he was terrible in here too, not having the heart to stick up for himself, explain himself, or otherwise interact with anyone here enough that his presence mattered at all.

Fuck him. I hope he cuts a finger at work that disables him from clipping coupons.

Marvin's gone?

I read that a few days ago, but it is kind of hard to believe, isn't it? Given how disliked he was, I expected more of a gala. To be fair, I'm coming off a week in which I worked 86 hours - I haven't boarded hard for a while now.

I agree with what VX said (for the most part) the more I think about, but I basically interacted with him in the HD thread...and that's about it. Furthermore, Venk agreed with him on the HD lust, as do I. You should all get on that. When Venk talks, I listen.

Three misc. items: I beat him in Round 1, '07. Still no one has answered my question about sub-field drive in the HD thread. That's enough for me to justify Marvin sticking around. Finally, Painted Marvin was awesome.

EDIT: I actually edited in the third item. The hilarity that was PM trumps my desire to learn more about plasma television refresh rates.