TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - March 9, 2009

What crazy antics will go down when Raw goes l-i-v-e LIVE and on the air from Americatown, USA in the Corporate Sponsor Arena as Big Show and Edge sign their contract for the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania World Heavyweight Championship bout? I would have to assume they peacefully sign it while that cad John Cena accepts his inability to fight for the title - but the only way to know for sure is tune in live tonight (or watch later on your DVR once you're done with CBS comedies).

It's going to be quite interesting to see Big Show and Edge break out into a duet as they get ready to sign the contract for WrestleMania.

It wouldn't shock me to see them pull TBS out of this match tonight after "spoiling" the match last week.

EDIT:

Well, if they did that they may not be able to do so until next week since SD this week has already been taped. I guess it depends on what they taped for this coming SD.

Also added,(according to prowrestling.net); Mayrse vs Melina, and Jericho vs Kingston in a MITB Qualifier. Should be interesting to see how they handle The MITB Qualifier. Maybe a legend(s) cost Jericho the match, finally giving us who he'll be facing at W.M. Or not.

Also added,(according to prowrestling.net); Mayrse vs Melina, and Jericho vs Kingston in a MITB Qualifier. Should be interesting to see how they handle The MITB Qualifier. Maybe a legend(s) cost Jericho the match, finally giving us who he'll be facing at W.M. Or not.

I'm fairly certain that Kofi will win the MITB qualifier. After all the interaction with the legends over the past few weeks, there's no way he isn't involved with the legend(s) at WM.

I can't remember, but it probably did happen, however, did all this cross branding happened last year before Mania?

They've been doing it like this for the past 2-3 years, IIRC.

Kofi does need that win, but in a way it does Jericho no favors to job to Kofi. It makes Jericho look like all he can do is beat up old men and can't beat anyone that is a younger star. The only good payoff would be someone like Hogan, but is Hogan going to mess with a guy that can't beat Kofi Kingston?

It's possible that whoever Jericho faces at WM costs him the match. Or maybe, for some reason, Lawler interferes to set up Jericho losing, Jericho faces Lawler next week and wins and while beating him up Jericho's post-match his WM opponent makes the save for Lawler.

Chris Chavis has been spotted backstage. It's believed that he will be challenging HHH for the title at WM instead of Brock Lesnar. HBK is also believed to be involved in the angle tonight.

Lawler has never wrestled at a W.M. Somebody somewhere pointed out that Lawler himself brought this up on Raw a couple of weeks back. This certainly could be them planting the seeds for Jericho to face Lawler one on one at W.M., or for Lawler to be part of a Legends Gauntlet type match. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Kofi does need that win, but in a way it does Jericho no favors to job to Kofi. It makes Jericho look like all he can do is beat up old men and can't beat anyone that is a younger star. The only good payoff would be someone like Hogan, but is Hogan going to mess with a guy that can't beat Kofi Kingston?

Hogan JUST had back surgery. I wouldn't expect him to be wrestling at Mania in a month.

Has there been any word on what came out of the recent booking meetings and all of that?

The only thing I heard in reference to that was on the latest WOR show and Meltzer didn't know anything beyond that everything up to and including WM had been redone, yet again. It sounded like things are going crazy in WWE in terms of everything being rewritten over and over again. This does not bode well for much of a buy rate above the WM baseline.

Being more concerned about swerving the smark internet fans who read leaks than about the quality of your product never leads to favorable results...

This sounds like bad news bears.

It's possible that whoever Jericho faces at WM costs him the match. Or maybe, for some reason, Lawler interferes to set up Jericho losing, Jericho faces Lawler next week and wins and while beating him up Jericho's post-match his WM opponent makes the save for Lawler.

Well, checking my calendar, next Monday is 3/16(3:16?). Possibly Austin? Maybe? Just throwing it out there....

Shawn should heel it up like against Hogan at Summerslam. C'mon Shawn, SUPERKICK HIM!