TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

ECW Spoilers for 3/10

Got these from the Wrestlecrap Board. Not entirely certain about the source, but they look credible.

Dark Match:

* Mike Knox b. Johnny Curtis

ECW:

* Primo Colon b. The Miz

- Primo got the win following a backstabber.

Tyson Kidd w/Natalya b. DJ Gabriel w/Alicia Fox

- Tyson Kidd gets the quick win with a elbow off the top rope.

* It is announced that Evan Bourne will return next week.

* Tri-Branded Battle Royal with the winner getting a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at WrestleMania 25.

- The final two in the Battle Royal are Christian & Chavo Guerrero. Christian gets the win to earn a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at WrestleMania 25.

So no ECW Title Match at WrestleMania, since Christian's in Money in the Bank then?

Swagger vs. Finlay vs. Hornswoggle.

Why do I have a feeling WWE might actually do this.

Odd that Christian is in the throw away mania card spot.

Unless he wins the match. I think Shelton gets the win this year though.

Why was Chavito the second last in the ring - am I supposed to care about him for some reason? Is he getting a new push on SD! these days?

Swagger will get to defend his title - I guess it will be against Bourne. I hope it's not against Dreamer!!

I think that Christian has as good a shot as any at getting the MITB. Either him of MVP.

Anyway...does anyone still want to argue that the ECW title means something?

Does anyone even argue that? It lost all meaning when Chavo Guerrero held it. Because really, it's Chavo Guerrero.

Didn't Matt Hardy recently say that he'd never been a World Champion like his brother? Seems like that would have put the final nail in the coffin to any doubt the ECW title is just a midcard belt.

Didn't Matt Hardy recently say that he'd never been a World Champion like his brother? Seems like that would have put the final nail in the coffin to any doubt the ECW title is just a midcard belt.

I thought that Chavo Guerrero competing in the Royal Rumble as ECW Champion would've done that.

I thought that Chavo Guerrero competing in the Royal Rumble as ECW Champion would've done that.

Why wouldn't Chavo want a chance to be a dual champion?

Why wouldn't Chavo want a chance to be a dual champion?

If a World Champion wins the Rumble, can he opt to sit out Mania? After all, he has no challengers and thus could just choose to sit it out. Of course, the GM could force him to face the other World Champion.

That'd be neat for a heel champion to try one year, win the Rumble so he won't have to defend the belt at Mania.

I think that Christian has as good a shot as any at getting the MITB. Either him of MVP.

You're really the only one who goes against anyone who says the ECW is a world title.

That kinda sucks that Christian is in the Money in the Bank match, I was really hoping him and Swagger would have an awesome match at Wrestlemania. Maybe we'll get Swagger vs Dreamer at Wrestlemania. That'd be pretty interesting.

You're really the only one who goes against anyone who says the ECW is a world title.

That kinda sucks that Christian is in the Money in the Bank match, I was really hoping him and Swagger would have an awesome match at Wrestlemania. Maybe we'll get Swagger vs Dreamer at Wrestlemania. That'd be pretty interesting.

I'll argue that the ECW Championship isn't a World Championship just based on the caliber of the talent that have held it since its return in 2006. To consider the ECW Title a World Title would severely dilute the prestige of a World Championship in professional wrestling. Wrestling isn't real but we as viewers do need to see something as the pinnacle of achievement for wrestlers. For example, how many of us were more excited to see CM Punk as the World Heavyweight Champion than seeing him win the ECW Title?

I see the ECW Title as a step between the Intercontinental/US Championships and the World Championships. Of course given the fact that Jack Swagger and Chavo Guerrero have held the ECW Championship and Punk is holding the IC Title, you could even argue that the ECW Title is below the US/IC Titles.

We've had this arguement so many times.

It's a World Title if WWE calls it a World Title. If they don't, it's not. Who's going to argue with them? Some guy on the internet? A magazine editor?

We've had this arguement so many times.

It's a World Title if WWE calls it a World Title. If they don't, it's not. Who's going to argue with them? Some guy on the internet? A magazine editor?

And WWE put an end to the argument by having Matt Hardy say that he's never held a World Title.

The ECW title stopped being treated as a "World" belt when John Morrison won it. I can remember an episode of Raw where Vince was in complete depression because he'd just lost the ECW title and missed being a "World" champion.

Even though I read the spoilers, I'm still rooting for Ricky Ortiz tonight. Imagine...the Big O off the ladder...a move so devastating he'd have to perform it off the bottom rung...what a Mania moment. Maybe next year.