TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

South Park Season 13

Ok what the fuck. That was BULLSHIT.

Yeah, that's the joke.

There wasn't a whole lot of meat here, but I guess it was an okay episode. As I mentioned, I can't not like a Cartman-centered episode so I liked this one. Though, it did seem kind of one note with Cartman being upstaged over and over and over again. A little monotonous, but broken up nicely with Professor Chaos' 'triumphant' return. I REALLY thought Mysterion was Kenny until the end. Great payoff.

Mysterion could be Kenny. He could be anyone.

Yep. What I meant was that I figured it'd be revealed to be Kenny, but of course, it wasn't definitively. So, I got swerved and I'm okay with that.

Ok what the fuck. That was BULLSHIT.

Yeah, that's the joke.

I know. But it's not funny. It's stupid.

I say po-tay-to, you say po-tah-to, you're wrong.

Just kidding. I laughed because it was an inventive way to poke fun at themselves, but there's definitely an element of bait and switch involved. I understand that reaction, even if I didn't have it.

Well, Mysterion can only be 4 people, because Cartman said he had said it once. So it could only be Clyde, Craig, Kenny, or Stan. I thought it was Clyde, personally.

And I loved the episode. Not only was it an excellent riff on "dark" Superhero movies (Loved someone noticing Cartman's gravelly voice), but Professor Chaos sealed it for me. I loved that people in the town actually knew who he was.

Didn't care for it. Only part I really liked was Cartman doing the "He's gone!" "No I'm over here now!" thing.

The last two have been pretty damn funny, although my friends and I still lose it with the black guy being interviewed about Mysterion. I've been trying to find a picture when his head is cocked to the side and that lil' smile.

The last two have been pretty damn funny, although my friends and I still lose it with the black guy being interviewed about Mysterion. I've been trying to find a picture when his head is cocked to the side and that lil' smile.

Capture55.jpg

Vista's snipping tool is pretty rad

OK episode. I think the gravely voices where a rip on Dark Knight mostly.

And I think Mysterion was Clyde, he was sleeping in the classroom while Cartman was giving his speech. So he knew he'd be on the roof at that specific time.

Capture55.jpg

Vista's snipping tool is pretty rad

Yea, that was great to see SP referencing that newsclip about people saying they saw a leprechaun from a few years ago. Jimmy Kimmel shows it on his show every St. Pat's day.

For those who don't know, there was this video online from a news broadcast a few years ago, where these people in a town claim they saw a leprechaun at night. First they showed a sketch (in reality a child's drawing) Then some lady yells "it's probably a crackhead!" At one point, a black man is shown yelling "Everyone who saw a leprechaun, say yeah!"and looks exactly like the pic above. So SP basically parodied it.

Sorry if everyone knew, but I thought I was the only one to get that reference since no one mentioned it directly.

But I enjoyed the episode okay. Not the best, but nice to see Prof. Chaos return.

I finally got the chance to watch this last night. I thought Mysterion was going to end up being either Stan or Kenny, but I'll agree it was most likely Clyde. I've enjoyed the new episodes, but I have to admit I kind of miss the old style of South Park with the crappy animation and crazy Mecha-Streisand stuff. At least the giant fire-breathing Mickey Mouse kind of went back to that :lol: .

When did South Park go from a "quiet, hick mountain town" to a city, anyways? I remember them having just one policeman in Officer Barbrady, and now they have an entire police department. I think it was around Season 7 or 8 that all this happened, but I could be wrong. I also miss Craig randomly flipping people off, but that's a topic for another day.

Edit: I nearly choked on my soda when I saw the "Obama - Change" poster with an angry "WHEN?" spray painted under it. Awesome.

When did South Park go from a "quiet, hick mountain town" to a city, anyways? I remember them having just one policeman in Officer Barbrady, and now they have an entire police department. I think it was around Season 7 or 8 that all this happened, but I could be wrong. I also miss Craig randomly flipping people off, but that's a topic for another day.

You mean when it was a quiet, little, redneck, meshuggeneh, white-trash, podunk, kick ass mountain town.

It's also the "Park County" police station. So it might be closer to a large Sheriff's office or something.

... Why am I even writing this?

Holy shitballs, this season is making me feel the urge to do things like post lolcat jpegs with Epic Win captions in this thread. Tonight was just perfect from beginning ("...aaandit'sgone!") to end ("We thank our saviour..."). Fan-fucking-tastic.

Funny episode. The Last Supper spoof towards the end was wrong as hell, but funny all at the same time. Another great episode. I don't think a Randy Marsh-centered episode has disappointed, yet.

I normally don't like the social commentary episodes, and last night's episode was no exception. It had it's hilarious moments, but overall I thought it was just average.

For those who don't know, there was this video online from a news broadcast a few years ago, where these people in a town claim they saw a leprechaun at night. First they showed a sketch (in reality a child's drawing) Then some lady yells "it's probably a crackhead!" At one point, a black man is shown yelling "Everyone who saw a leprechaun, say yeah!"and looks exactly like the pic above. So SP basically parodied it.

And I think Mysterion was Clyde, he was sleeping in the classroom while Cartman was giving his speech. So he knew he'd be on the roof at that specific time.

Could be Clyde was sleepy from being out all night thwarting crime, thus making him sleepy the following day.

thanks for the video link,

AWESOME episode on the economy this week, and Kyle's argument was very valid. Great to see the "tookrjobs" guys again.