TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

Signs You Are a Wrestling Fan

Not sure if this is done before, but I'm going to start a running list of real-life examples showing how big a wrestling fan you might be.

My entry to start things off:

-I was photographing a birthday party tonight and the theme was "Pink and Black". More than once in the evening, I thought of multiple Hart Foundation references.

- When you know a girl nicknamed Rocky and you only want to pick her up so you can use the pickup line, "I smell what you're cookin'"

- Whenever you meet a Canadian, you have a burning desire to ask if they've ever heard of Bret Hart.

- You refuse to ever donate to the World Wildlife Fund because of their part in bringing about the death of the World Wrestling Federation.

i still WOOOOOO in public. dammit.

That only works if you're drunk and even then I'd advise against doing it. At least if you're drunk though, going "WOOOOO!" would be at least mildly acceptable.

And that linked to thread is just sad. If you're going to make wrestling references, at least work them seamlessly into conversation, don't force them. Some of these people threw in a wrestling reference and then was totally shocked when no one got it.

I'll usually do something retarded, then pop off with a "Oooooooooh yeeeeeeeah!" or a "Dig it, yeah!" ala Macho Man Randy Savage, and most everyone gets the reference.

-When you see a set-up ladder and want to climb it sllllooooooowwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyy...

-See that folding table over there? You want to put somebody through it, don't you?

I did a speech on blading when I was in college. The teacher wouldn't let me blade though. I had a football player jump me with a baking pan, beat me a few times with it, fell behind the desk, and while back there I covered my face with fake blood.

Five years later I heard the professor was still telling her students about that one.

Incidentally I made an A on the speech.

Anyway if that wasn't a sign that I was a wrestling fan I don't know what would be.

-When you see a set-up ladder and want to climb it sllllooooooowwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyy...

-See that folding table over there? You want to put somebody through it, don't you?

I concur, last week as we were clearing out my store for final closeout, we had this huge ladder, I did infact feel like doing a moonsault off it onto a coworker or costumer. Fortunately, I am not too keen on climbing ladders and heights, plus am not athletic enough to do a moonsault.

Does doing a bad Savage impersonation everytime I am at a graduation count?

I did a speech on blading when I was in college. The teacher wouldn't let me blade though. I had a football player jump me with a baking pan, beat me a few times with it, fell behind the desk, and while back there I covered my face with fake blood.

Five years later I heard the professor was still telling her students about that one.

Incidentally I made an A on the speech.

Anyway if that wasn't a sign that I was a wrestling fan I don't know what would be.

my freshman year of college I did two seperate talks in my speech class about wrestling. The first was over Mick Foley, and the second was on how to take a chair shot. That was when I learned I don't take chair shots very well. :(

I concur, last week as we were clearing out my store for final closeout, we had this huge ladder, I did infact feel like doing a moonsault off it onto a coworker or costumer. Fortunately, I am not too keen on climbing ladders and heights, plus am not athletic enough to do a moonsault.

Does doing a bad Savage impersonation everytime I am at a graduation count?

Count me in the group that does a Savage impression either out loud or in my head every time I hear "Pomp and Circumstance".

I think that anyone who graduated HS during the wrestling boom of the 90's thought of Savage when Pomp & Circumstance played.

As an addition to "Pomp & Circumstance" I also expect Ric Flair if I hear Also Sprach Zarathustra and Ricky Steamboat if I hear "Sirius"

- When you know a girl nicknamed Rocky and you only want to pick her up so you can use the pickup line, "I smell what you're cookin'"

A girl named Rocky? Yikes.

At my parish they brought in girls to be altar servers as well as boys, and for a while they were introduced as "acolytes" I kept saying "Farroq and Bradshaw" in my mind when I heard acolytes.

My girlfriend just told me TODAY that when she was younger she was an "Acolyte" growing up. I asked her if she ever played cards with the APA. She gave me a puzzled look.

All I could say was, "Wrestling..." and she goes "oh...go figure."