TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patty O'Green

When do you start writing your stuff?

Here's a question I've been wondering for months, when does everyone start writing their segments and matches. The day of the show, a couple days before, weeks in advance. I remember sometime in 07 I used to start PPV matches like a month early. By this point that year I was half way through COD Vs The Enterprise. But back then I was only writing Alix and Krista not Krista and Alix +8 Nerdly sisters, so things were easier.

Speak on this matter, people. Speak on it

My nights off work are Wednesday and Thursday. I usually plan to have it done in plenty of time somewhere in those two days, but lately I end up putting it off until I see the show being posted.

If I know what I want to do I try to start some work during the weekend, but I don't get serious about writing until a day or two before the show. Once I get my stuff that week done I usually check out on everything OAOAST related to give myself a break.

If I know what I want to do I try to start some work during the weekend

Hey, you used to tell me the weekends were your off days! You said it was like your work week, weekends time relax, weekdays time to get to work.

To answer my own question I have to start matches days before shows. There's no way I could do a match the day of the show, it'd take a week for me to get finished. I just get bored writing wrestling matches for a long block of time. Squash matches (3-5) pages no problem. Interview segments/promos it depends on what character. I can write Morgan or Jade in a matter of minutes. Sometimes I've done them while posting the show! Melody's pretty easy also. I can usually nail the dialogue part really quickly, and then leave the descriptions etc for a later date. Syndicates take longer than promos, even though they're only summaries. Lately I've been able to roll those out super quick.

Like Tony used to I don't do no writing on the weekend unless its a PPV week. The only thing I do on weekends is maybe feedback. I've actually started feedback for every show I've posted, I just never get around to finishing it. I don't ever check out on things OAOAST related. I am the president, god damn it, and I uphold standards! If only my vice president followed my heroic and laudable lead icon2.gif

Honestly, it all depends. I usually get a good idea of what I want a match to be like as soon as its planned out. Sometimes I'll keep "rough drafts" of my writings, or just a list of sequences/spots that I want to use, and then flesh things out. I always go for the meat of the match first, as evidenced by the numerous times Patty has tacked on entrances for my stuff.

Hey, you used to tell me the weekends were your off days! You said it was like your work week, weekends time relax, weekdays time to get to work.

That's still the case. I normally get as far as the intros or random spots before calling it a day and picking things up early the following week!

And my VP post is just a fancy title. You're the pres. of our TSM division. You've got all the power. I just put on a happy face for the cameras. :lol:

More often than not, I put everything off until the day of the show, or maybe two days before. Always have done. Schoolwork, SWF, OAOAST. I occassionally get on a run of a few weeks where I'm done with plenty of time to spare, but in general I leave it later than I need to.

Once I actually get myself sat down to write I can churn my stuff out real quick. But starting early, I always, always get distracted.

I have learned much on this fine day, this day of March the 12th. I have learned that it is only Tony and I who start early, we these torchbearers for a better future, a better way of writing, a better way of living. This isn't interesting because I just assumed everyone started a day or two early. I will retreat to my lab and analyze results.

What about PPV matches, which are generally longer? Do you start day of the show or like one or two days before?

For PPV matches I start once I finish my HD stuff that week, so usually two or three days before. Only once or twice have I needed to finish a match the day of PPV.

For PPV matches I start once I finish my HD stuff that week, so usually two or three days before. Only once or twice have I needed to finish a match the day of PPV.

Tony's staunch reliability and yeoman dedication to this great craft gives me hope for the future when white supremacist assassinate me and he's required to ascend to my office. I can die in relative peace.

Sign in to follow this