TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Mock Draft

My guy's an interesting pick...

SP Rube Waddell - Only 193 W but was roughly the first "modern" strikeout heavy pitcher coupled with a great ERA+ at 135 for his career. He also had back to back seasons with a .248 and .286 BA with 3 HR just to rub it in. Take that Mike Hampton!

02F.jpg

That wraps up this week of drafting. We'll resume Monday.

When I started, I figured I'd pick up forgotten negro league stars and clean up that way. That strategy went right out the window. I need to figure out a new angle on this.

One thing that's apparent is that at least a couple drafters have the New Historical Abstract handy. I need to outsmart Bill James here.

I won't be here tonight, so I'm making the pick now. Building a multi-position team that will conform to any ballpark in the league, this pick is a no-brainer.

1025_large.jpg

It has to be mentioned again: 2 MVP awards, one each at SS and CF. My shortstop, Robin Yount.

EDIT: I realize it's not time to make the pick, but I'm up next (tomorrow morning) and each team has drafted their required 6 players already. Had this not been the case, I would've held off the pick.

barry_larkin_autograph.jpg

SS, Barry Larkin.

In a way I'm glad Youth N Asia picked Ozzie Smith, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick him and miss out on Harmon Killebrew, or take Killebrew and get the superior hitter in Larkin later (not that Larkin was a slouch with the glove), so Youth N Asia sorta made that decision for me. There are still two or three guys I'm really afraid aren't going to fall to me this week, but that's kind of the idea of this draft, isn't it?