TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Mock Draft

plaque_506632.jpg

Biz Mackey, Catcher

Nearly a 30 year career in the Negro Leagues with a lifetime average of .335

Roy Campanella said he was the best catcher he's ever seen.

My uncle always tells me Strawberry was one of the most talented players he's ever seen. Who knows how his career would've went if not for personal issues.

plaque_506632.jpg

Biz Mackey, Catcher

Nearly a 30 year career in the Negro Leagues with a lifetime average of .335

Roy Campanella said he was the best catcher he's ever seen.

Great pick. Mackey was also a capable enough player to move around the diamond. He was the shortstop for Hilldale's 1924 championship club.

Complete homer pick, but I simply couldn't take the risk especially after Bob Lemon was drafted.

Didn't have a long career due to injuries, notably a line drive to the face that affected his vision, but before that he was a 2x All Star and, in 1955, became the AL Rookie of the Year by setting a rookie strikeout record that stood for nearly 30 years.

HerbScore.jpg

SP Herb Score

Gotta be the youngest guy picked so far:

migueal-cabrera.jpg

Miguel Cabrera

From ages 21-24, his most similar player was Hank Aaron. At 25 it was Ken Griffey Jr. I'll take that and probably use him as my DH.

Going with my Friday pick. I think opinions of his placement are going to be polarizing, but I feel he's a steal at this point in the draft.

Nine All-Star Games. Multi-position star, but I'm placing him in left field. Ridiculously consistent throughout his career with a a top-10 OBP and OPS season after season. Best seasons were '92, where he hit .330/.385/.580 with 33 HR and 100 RBI, then in '96 .314/.465/.624 with 42 and 120. He also walked a ton, and stole 15+ bases nearly every season he played. And last but not least, my favorite batting stance and swing of the current generation.

Y7wGyw6C.jpg

Gary Sheffield.

To complete the best defensive infield there is. This man won 9 straight gold gloves, an MVP and is, arguably, one of the best fielding first basemen of All-Time. Also, easily, one of the most popular Yankees of the past quarter century:

AADL005~Don-Mattingly-In-Dugout-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Don Mattingly

Normally an outfielder in his day, and there are probably better players I could pick up at this point, but I'm using primarily as a DH/

200px-Kirk_Gibson.jpg

Kirk Gibson