TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wally Balls

Spaceman Ross vs. The Internet

Bringing up Kerry Collins makesthe shittiest of posters come out I guess.

I love everyone's one sentence retorts on this site. Seriousy, no one presents any sort of arguement when they post. Is that the ideal way to post? Clever retorts without any sort of justification as to why they're posting what they are? In all reality, many of the posters here are just sexually repressed people asserting their internet manliness and intelligence in order to compensate for their lack of actual real world communication skills.

I love everyone's one sentence retorts on this site. Seriousy, no one presents any sort of arguement when they post. Is that the ideal way to post? Clever retorts without any sort of justification as to why they're posting what they are? In all reality, many of the posters here are just sexually repressed people asserting their internet manliness and intelligence in order to compensate for their lack of actual real world communication skills.

Ross, internet, Internet, Ross, I don't believe you've met.

I will slap the shit out of you.

The only reason Marvin doesn't win the Worst Poster of the Year is because Ross is boardin' wrong hard.

The sky is blue (or at least, appears to be blue).

I'm really flattered by all of this.

Someone has a high opinion of their ability to hurt my feelings.

Sniffles

I'm not going to throw gas on this retarded fire. Ridicule me amongst yourselves.

I will slap the shit out of you.

Haha. I lulled.

There's a kid at school who seems different. You've heard people say he's "retarded," but you've also heard people use that word to make fun of each other.

Mental retardation (say: ree-tar-day-shun) is a term that was once commonly used to describe someone who learns and develops more slowly than other kids. But it's not used as much anymore because it hurts people's feelings.

Instead, you might hear terms like "intellectual disability" or "developmental delay." But all these words mean basically the same thing. Someone who has this kind of problem will have trouble learning and functioning in everyday life. This person could be 10 years old, but might not talk or write as well as a typical 10-year-old. He or she also is usually slower to learn other skills, like how to get dressed or how to act around other people.

But having an intellectual disability doesn't mean a person can't learn. Ask anyone who knows and loves a person with an intellectual disability! Some kids with autism, Down syndrome, or cerebral palsy may be described as having an intellectual disability, yet they often have a great capacity to learn and become quite capable kids.

Just like other health problems, an intellectual disability can be mild (smaller) or major (bigger). The bigger the disability the more trouble someone will have learning and becoming an independent person.

Intellectual disabilities happen because the brain gets injured or a problem prevents the brain from developing normally. These problems can happen while the baby is growing inside his or her mom, during the baby's birth, or after the baby is born. Many times, though, doctors don't know the cause.

Here are some problems that can cause intellectual disabilities:

The mom gets certain infections or sicknesses while pregnant.

The mom takes certain medicines, illegal drugs, or drinks alcohol while pregnant.

There's a problem with the baby's genes, which are in every cell and determine how the body will develop. (Genes are inherited from both parents, so a baby might receive genes that are abnormal or the genes might change while the baby is developing.)

During childbirth, the baby doesn't get enough oxygen.

After being born, the baby gets a serious infection.

Any time in life, a serious head injury can hurt the brain and cause intellectual disabilities. Some of these disabilities are temporary and others can be permanent. (That's why it's important to wear your bike helmet and always wear a seatbelt in the car!)

Doctors figure out that someone has an intellectual disability by testing how well the person thinks and solves problems. If a problem is spotted, doctors and other professionals can work with the family to decide what type of help is needed.

During school, a kid with an intellectual disability will probably need help. Some kids have aides that stay with them during the schoolday. They may be in special classes or get other services to help them learn and develop.

Someone with an intellectual disability often gets help in learning "life skills." Life skills are the skills people need to take care of themselves as they get older, such as how to cook a meal or ride a public bus to get to work. Adults with intellectual disabilities often have jobs and learn to live independently or in a group home.

Kids with intellectual disabilities want to develop their skills to the best of their abilities. They want to go to school, play, and feel support from loving families and good friends.

What can you do? If you know someone who has an intellectual disability, be a friend. How? Sometimes, it might mean telling a teacher if you see this person being teased or bullied. Other times, it can be as simple as saying something kind, like "Hey, I like your hat!"

If you can't think of anything, just say, "hi." It's a little word that could make that person's day.

Guest Vitamin X
I'm really flattered by all of this.

Someone has a high opinion of their ability to hurt my feelings.

Sniffles

I'm not going to throw gas on this retarded fire. Ridicule me amongst yourselves.

Hey, I like your hat!

I'm amused that there are still people out there who first play the old "you're all socially-maladjusted virgins living in dark basements" chestnut, and then follow up on any retorts with "I don't care what you say anyway, just see how much I don't care, I laugh at you all, WATCH ME LAUGH".

I would like to retort by bringing up specific examples of why you are bad at messageboarding. The first thing that comes to mind is when you messaged me with

Something happened to my username...my name was Roho, but got changed to Yeong for some reason. I'm not sure if someone hacked my account or if it was one of my friends. But my avitar, sig, and name were all different. Could you change it back to Roho perhaps?

back on December 16th of last year. You know, like seven months after I stopped being a moderator of the wrestling folder, and an infinite amount of time since I had the power to make any kind of changes, due to my never having the ability to do so in the first place.

The second thing that comes to mind is this thread. There will be more examples to follow.

I'm amused that there are still people out there who first play the old "you're all socially-maladjusted virgins living in dark basements" chestnut, and then follow up on any retorts with "I don't care what you say anyway, just see how much I don't care, I laugh at you all, WATCH ME LAUGH".

The fact that I agree with Jingus shocks me.

Well, if you were banned the first time for having two names, that was an oversight by the moderating team at the time. The process for that was to ask for a name change, or alert them that you would like to delete your old account and start a new one. They most likely thought you were trying to make a duplicate account for nefarious means, which was quite common, actually. Then, by coming back as a new account you had created each time, they kept banning you. This latest time was due to that exact same reason, not anything you said against HTQ's posts. Consider yourself a victim in all of this, and just post the way you have been. Thanks for understanding.

I haven't been a mod since May. Someone else will need to change your name. You can change your name back four days after it has been changed, which appears to have been the 14th. However, if everything was changed like you said, someone must have gained access to your account at some point. I'd say make the changes back to the way you want them, but make sure to change your password as a precaution.

The above quotes are messages you sent me in response to my original message. I don't understand. You say one of the reasons why I'm a bad poster was because of the question I had about my username, yet you seemed to reply to my message without any hostility. In the top quote, when I asked about why I was banned, you responded nicely to that as well. You even said "consider yourself a victim in all of this, and just post the way you have been. Thanks for understanding."

If you dislike me, I'm okay with that, but at least be consistent about it. Don't give me polite responses and then say a bunch of negative things about me in this thread.

roho will you shut the fuck up? I defended you every time someone said you suck because I find you funny in a bad trainwreck kind of way? I make one joke and it's like that polite fucker in an office who takes shit for years and then snaps at the smallest thing. quit being a gook ass bitch

roho will you shut the fuck up? I defended you every time someone said you suck because I find you funny in a bad trainwreck kind of way? I make one joke and it's like that polite fucker in an office who takes shit for years and then snaps at the smallest thing. quit being a gook ass bitch

Sure thing Mexicant

Are you sure that top quote was me? I don't remember sending you two responses, but I do remember sending the second quoted message.

This might be difficult for you to understand, but I have never had a problem with you, so I was being polite with my answer. The fact is, you have been a terrible poster lately, and I cited the fact that you messaged someone who was not a moderator to fix something for you as an example of how bad you are at messageboarding. Thanks for the reply from the heart, though. It shows a passion and desire not seen here since the days of fishyswa or Pong Kong.

Are you sure that top quote was me? I don't remember sending you two responses, but I do remember sending the second quoted message.

This might be difficult for you to understand, but I have never had a problem with you, so I was being polite with my answer. The fact is, you have been a terrible poster lately, and I cited the fact that you messaged someone who was not a moderator to fix something for you as an example of how bad you are at messageboarding. Thanks for the reply from the heart, though. It shows a passion and desire not seen here since the days of fishyswa or Pong Kong.

Um, yes the top quote was you. For the sake of your arguement, I know you "don't remember" sending the first response. I didn't know you weren't a moderator, for some reason I thought you were. I asked a general question, I don't think that warrants calling me a terrible poster.

Also, contrary to what it says, I didn't start this thread.

Also, contrary to what it says, I didn't start this thread.

Terrible posts that force threads to go off topic are being moved to NHB now. If you don't like, you can just take the warning instead.

Roho, get the nurse or attendant that's assigned to you to help you understand this: There are many, many, many ways to tell whether or not a person is a moderator here. Your failure to do so made you bad at messageboarding. That was my whole fucking point. I am not trying to have a feud with you, but it pains me when people can't grasp what I am talking about. I made a comment in an attempt to be funny Either stop taking shit so seriously and try to be a better messageboarder or get really mad and stop posting here. Either way makes it a win-win situation.

Roho, get the nurse or attendant that's assigned to you to help you understand this: There are many, many, many ways to tell whether or not a person is a moderator here. Your failure to do so made you bad at messageboarding. That was my whole fucking point. I am not trying to have a feud with you, but it pains me when people can't grasp what I am talking about. I made a comment in an attempt to be funny Either stop taking shit so seriously and try to be a better messageboarder or get really mad and stop posting here. Either way makes it a win-win situation.

Stop projecting. The only reason this is even an issue is because you posted something I asked you as an example of my terrible

'messageboarding'. The problem was that you responded entirely different when no one else could see what you wrote. You were a moderator before, and I just assumed that you still were when I asked you the question. I'm sorry for making that mistake but you didn't have to be so two-faced about your responses. You should have said this the first time if you wanted to avoid this discussion.