TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czech please!

This is not a Test - Andrew Martin dead

I'm trying to remember if other wrestler's deaths got this much ridicule. Starting to feel a bit bad now.

So what you think it was:

Natural Causes

Drugs

Suicide

Staph Infection

'Steph' Infection

Kelly Kelly Infection

I blame Scott Keith. :rolleyes:

51F21WGCF1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Matt Hardy should be put on Death Watch :huh:

Should start a death pool

I know Crash was around the same age when he died. Anyways, here's one for the Youtube comments thread.

as soon as i found out... i went through my PS1 collection found my Smack Down 2... and won all titles with Test.. God i miss him :( u r rite..he wasnt famous but still... i just saw his match with brock lesner

I wonder if anyone had Test in the TSM Death Pool...

maybe jeff hardy blows his house up and he dies in a hilarious fashion on screen. Cameras can be in his attic and it shows to be a shrine to Amy Dumas. He swears that he's finally over but once he realizes he's gonna burn to death he gives a heartfelt speech professing his love to her photo on a dart marks and damming test to hell. if boogeyman were still around he could sing a voodoo spell.

Yeah, he was in the Alliance for some reason. I also remember the guy being on fire during the marriage angle and feud with Triple H but I could be wrong. Everyone seemed hot at that time anyway. Inexplicably the awful feud/tag team with Scott Steiner is what I remember most.

The first thing I thought of was suicide.

I'm trying to remember if other wrestler's deaths got this much ridicule. Starting to feel a bit bad now.

So what you think it was:

Natural Causes

Drugs

Suicide

Staph Infection

'Steph' Infection

Kelly Kelly Infection

You missed "Death by Jericho".

I'll guess suicide via drugs, with accidental overdose being a close second.

Other than Owen Hart and the ones who died from natural causes, has there ever been a dead wrestler who wasn't "found dead"?

Ted Dibiase Sr.'s dad dropped dead in the ring, IIRC.

I doubt it's suicide, as here was a recent post by Test on his trip to Japan to work for Vader:

Hey all! I just got back from Tokoyo Japan. I have been to Japan several times but this was by far the best trip there for a number of reasons. First I must thank Mr. Aso who treated me beyond first class and is a total gentleman as well as a great human being himself. My trip there was first class all the way. Thanks to Mr. Ena for making my flight the best flight I had ever been on. Mr. Aso flew me first class on United airlines who I must thank the ladies on marks, who kept feeding me steak and chicken every two hours. It ended up being about a 24 hour travel day. When I landed I was greeted by Mr. Yabe another kind and stand up man. We chatted for a bit and waited for Vader. For those of you who do not know Leon (Vader) he is a total gentleman. I met Leon about ten years ago when I was training at Brets house he was kind to me then and was nothing but a gentleman to me now and we became good friends on this trip. Leon is a stand up guy and I want to thank him as well for a wonderfull trip. Mr. Aso put us up in the Keio Plaza hotel which is one of the nicest hotels in tokoyo. I want to thank Mr.Tiger Kihara who is one of the funniest guys I have met and a master at wrestling impressions and kept me laughing the whole time. Thanks to Golds gym who took great care of me there. I worked my first match with Lance Hoyt. Lance is green but has a lot of promise and under the right guidance can have a great match because he is a good athlete. He needs to be in the WWE were I think he could learn and reach full potential...thanks Lance. My second match was with a Japanese shooter named Nagai{hopefully I spelled that right} A totally diferant style but we had a great match together. He works almost as stiff as I do...lol. I was very humbled by the reception from the Japanese fans. The Japanese people are so respectfull you can't help but love it there. I loved Japan for so many reasons and hope to makee it my wrestling home. Japan is so beautifull and full of things to do, I could see myself living there it was that much fun. Thanks again to Mr. Aso your a real gentleman and number one in my books. On March 16th, I will be heading to Europe for two weeks in France, Sweden and Belgum. This is with the crew from Ireland. These guys hold a special place in my heart because they stuck by me when I was going thru some hard times and we all ended up becoming good friends. Great guys and fantastic people to work for, from Martin, to Mick, Joe, Jamie, Grant, Patty, Justin Shape, Lizzy, Anne, Ken, the whole crew are just great and I'm looking forward to this trip. That's all for now..talk to you soon Andrew

Other than Owen Hart and the ones who died from natural causes, has there ever been a dead wrestler who wasn't "found dead"?

Ted Dibiase Sr.'s dad dropped dead in the ring, IIRC.

So did one of the original Moondogs. There have also been car wrecks, murders, brain anuerisms, various other non-drug deaths.

He had sex with Stacy Keibler and Kelly Kelly. Dating higher up on the food chain than yourself is a pretty good life for a guy like Test IMO. So that being said... I'm glad he is dead. Fuck off Test.

I despised them at the time, but if you go back and watch, T&A really weren't a bad team. They were both relatively quick and agile for big hosses, and surely introducing the world to Trish must count for something. I recently saw a 6-person match they had against the Hardys & Lita which was perfectly decent wrestling, both Albert and Test working hard to make their opponents look great. Why were they so hated? The stupid team name? Albert's body hair? Mick Foley's jokes at Test's expense in his books becoming contagious among the fanbase? Being a merely competent tag team in the WWF in 2000 when the tag division was the strongest it's ever been? I hated them too, and looking back on that time I'm really not sure why. Test was never great, but he wasn't horrible either. Him and Mike Knox of all people had a fun little feud with Dreamer and Sandman of all people back in 2006.

So Test had a vanilla character, terrible promo skills and couldn't work a decent match. I really don't think that's justification for being happy that he's dead.

Half of the posters here were ready to collapse from despair when Benoit died and he murdered his family.

Will everyone be throwing parties when Khali or Mark Henry dies?

I wouldn't be surprised if he OD or drugs had something to do with it. I know someone who wrestled with him on a show about a year or so ago and he just kept dozing off or started to go out of it for a few seconds.

RIP Test.

Test was also in The Union, and was originally marketed as Motley Crue's bodyguard before "debuting" as an enforcer foor the Corporation. IMO, the highlight of his career was The Rock doing an impersonation of him, buck teeth and all.

Can't say this particularly surprising. Given how jacked up he was during his last run in WWECW, and his outspoken advocacy for steroid use as of late, it was really only a matter of time. Even if steroids weren't directly related to his death, I'm sure it didn't help him any. As far as Andrew Martin the wrestler goes, yeah he had a vanilla character, and wasn't a particularly good worker, but he wasn't among the worst either. He at least had the ability to be carried to watchable matches, which is more than you can say for a lot of guys. Plus, he will forever be linked to the storyline which cemented Triple H's spot in the Main Event.