TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czech please!

This is not a Test - Andrew Martin dead

I'm not trying to start a war here, but what kind of shit is this when people are making light of his death here? I dont care what wrestler is was and how much of a jaybrone this wrestler may have been, he still deserves to be treated like a f'n human, particularly upon hearing of his death. It would be one thing if this guy pulled a Benoit or something, but what the fuck guys. Have a little respect. And kudos to whoever changed the title of the thread, that shit before was just wrong. Making light of a death like that is fucked up.

C'mon. I'm still waiting for a "room is spinning" reference or post of that nature. All due respect, it DOES suck that he's died so young but making light of death isn't exactly something that's unheard of around these parts - or anywhere at all for that matter. Some people just use humor as a way of dealing with a shitty circumstance. Besides, this is a thread at TSM, not the guy's wake.

What was the original title of this thread?

It's still stupid to make jokes about someone dying, regardless of the platform. But free speech is free speech I suppose.

stupid and beyond tasteless.

But sort of fun, like harassing the elderly or kicking an injured dog.

Test's career fell faster than Owen Hart. And then he died. Ahahahaha.

Hair hair.

Corrected the spelling for you.

I still have his appearance on the Tom Green Show (!) from August '03 that I taped back then. I pulled it out and watched it and he did a pretty good interview. Afterwards, he gave Tom Green the pump handle slam at about 3/4 speed. He got himself over with the audience and came across like a star. I'm working on getting up on YouTube if anyone wants to see it.

Snippet from Lance Storm write-up on Test (Full post available over @ stormwrestling.com)

Another fond Test memory I have is the night the UnAmerican gimmick likely died. You’ve all heard the rumors about how there was heat on Test and Christian for not wanting to cut their hair for the gimmick, which ultimately lead to the breaking up of the group. I’m not sure if the hair cut issue was actually a factor but I laugh every time I think of the meeting we had with Vince when the topic came up.

Vince and Johnny called us all into a room to discuss our group. I’m not sure if William Regal was part of the group then or not but Test is the important part of the story anyway. We get called into the meeting and Vince tells us all he wants us to have shorter more military style haircuts. Now remember Christian and Test at this time had the really long hair. To illustrate his point Vince uses me as the example of what he means by military style haircut. I think Christian was willing to get a hair cut, just not thrilled with being told exactly what kind of hair cut. In either event Christian voiced a fairly politically correct protest, while Test spoke out a lot more openly.

This may be my favourite Test memory because it was just so Andrew. (These aren’t the exact words but it’s close) Test looked Vince right in the face and said he had a life outside of wrestling and his appearance is very important to him so there was no way he was going to get a hair cut that would make him look like a F—king idiot. He then paused looked at me and added, “No Offense, Lance” It was awesome! He restated his case several times and every time he mentioned how horrible that look would be he would add, “No Offense Lance”. What made that line so great was that he legitimately meant no offense by it, yet it was a line that could not be taken any way but offensively. Andrew always said what he felt and he felt very strongly about this and wasn’t going to politically correct Vince or me. It was such a fantastic moment. I laughed when he said it, took no offense from it and thought it was the greatest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say.

The real comedy that came out of that meeting was that we were disbanded (maybe over the haircuts maybe not) and both Test and Christian ended up getting their hair cut and they both looked way better after the fact.

Andre vs. Studd at WM I

Adonis vs. Elmer at WM 2

Eartherquake vs. Hecules at WM VI

Yeah, lots of matches like that in the queue.

The WrestleMania Curse

Can't say I ever really liked Test, but I enjoyed the Steph/HHH/Test triangle and T and A was a decent team that held it's own during the era when E&C, The Hardy's the Dudley's dominated. I still appreciate all the physical punishment any wrestler goes through in an effort to entertain me. RIP.

--According to Tampa police, there will be nothing new on the Andrew Martin case as far as a cause of death for several weeks, pending toxicology reports.

F4W

Which would indicate the cause of the death is indeed drug related, either from ongoing use or a perhaps a reaction to mixing the drugs with alcohol, as was the case with Elizabeth.

The St. Petersburg Times today posted that Tampa police found both steroids and prescription pain killers at the condo of Andrew "Test" Martin.

Tampa police spokesperson Laura McElroy reported that Martin was in the middle of a meal when he passed away, noting there was a half-eaten pizza and a partially full glass of soda next to him.

No cause of death would be official until toxicology reports come in, which are several weeks away.

The beginning of the end for him actually came after he cut a fantastic promo. Unfortunately he cut it backstage during a rehearsal. Vince heard it and freaked out, thinking it was totally amazing and that he had a new breakout star on his hands. "No one had ever seen him perform before at that level," one source said. That night they sent him out to perform live, and Vince, Stephanie, the creative team and several others gathered around the "sold-out monitor" to watch. Test ended up bombing in a legendary manner, forgetting over half the promo and trailing off at the end. Still, he came back though the curtain "thinking he was Marlon Brando," but it was over with. Within about a week, amazingly, he'd failed a drug test and 30 days later he was gone.

Andrew was a different cat compared to the others in the locker room," said one source. "Not much of a politician which probably gained him enemies. I'm sure the fact that he scored and dated two of the hottest women in the company didn't help. He was passionate about his work. Some say that he was in it to just be famous but if that were true he would have moved to California and chased that. And he had a good sense of humor about life -- even naming his dog Jobber."

F4W

He named his dog Jobber? Awesome.

Also, how does not playing a politician earn you enemies? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or is this business even more stupid than I thought to begin with?

He named his dog Jobber? Awesome.

Also, how does not playing a politician earn you enemies? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or is this business even more stupid than I thought to begin with?

Vince doesn't like it when you don't kiss his ass.

Literally and figuratively.