Sat, Mar. 21

Atlanta @ Cleveland, 1:00

Indiana @ Charlotte, 7:00

New York @ Orlando, 7:00

Boston @ Memphis, 8:00

LA Lakers @ Chicago, 8:30

Portland @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Washington @ Phoenix, 10:00

Fuckin' ugly win for the Lakers vs the Mavs today. The bench this year is fucking brutal. Seems like anybody from the bench they put to start gets better, as Trevor Ariza had his best game of his career. The Lakers sure love those close games.

This.

The Bulls also beat the most bipolar team in the NBA, the Hornets!

From Yahoo.com ...

Rockets F Landry wounded in shooting (AP)

Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry has been shot in the leg while driving near his home. The injury to his left leg was minor, and the team says the player was treated at a hospital and released. The shooting happened about 4 a.m. Tuesday, a few hours after the Rockets returned from a game at New Orleans.

Devin Harris is out indefinitely with a sprained shoulder and strained deltoid muscle. So, you can probably scratch off the Nets in the battle for the 8 spot.

I meant to comment on this Sunday, but the Lakers inability to defend a three point shot will be one of the big reasons that they get bounced from the first round. Jason Terry made them look like fools, but the 76ers made them look like fools AND they won the game. Ariza didn't even know that they had a foul to give, it should have been obvious with them dribbling it down to three seconds that they were going for the win, and the Lakers were rightly burned.

And the Lakers' bench sucks, plain and simple. Lou Williams off of Philly's bench scored 18, which matched the "best bench in the NBA." That's after Jason Terry scored about three times the bench points on Sunday (29 to 10). And Dallas could very well be the first round opponent. Yeah, I'm not worried about the impending "upset" now. I'll be surprised if the Lakers win a playoff game now.

I'm not trolling, I mean every word I say. I watch the games.

What exactly have I said that would be considered trolling? I back up what I say. I'm not flat out saying the Lakers stink, I'm giving reasons why. I could go after other teams, if that will make people feel better. The things I have to say about Lebron James and Los Spurs would probably start a fight, so I usually avoid those unless people really want to hear it. But I've noticed that the NBA threads are usually dead, so I figured I should put my two cents in.

What exactly have I said that would be considered trolling? I back up what I say. I'm not flat out saying the Lakers stink, I'm giving reasons why. I could go after other teams, if that will make people feel better. The things I have to say about Lebron James and Los Spurs would probably start a fight, so I usually avoid those unless people really want to hear it. But I've noticed that the NBA threads are usually dead, so I figured I should put my two cents in.

You're pretty much saying that a team that is 53-14 and looking to get back one of their starters soon is a piece of shit and obvious first round fodder for an 8 seed. What about that isn't trolling?

I say if Lakers make it past the 1st round, Karc should get banned. Unless he wants to bet his membership himself on the Lakers losing in the 1st round, since he seems so confident.

It's trolling because you are making statements to incite negative reactions from other posters. It's one thing to state your case for the Lakers being potentially overrated, but to go one step further and actually propose that the best team in the NBA won't even win a playoff game is sheer lunacy. A number one seed has never gone to the playoffs and gone winless in the entire history of the NBA.

You know exactly what you're doing, and I suggest that you knock it off.

This happened to 67-15 Dallas two years ago, where they were totally blitzed by Golden State. The 2000 Lakers were almost eliminated by Sacramento in the first round. Boston almost lost to freakin' Atlanta last year. It's not like I'm saying this to make people angry. I really think this could happen.

The difference is that Dallas lost to a team it matched up horribly against. You're saying that the Lakers will lose to EVERYONE in the Western Conference playoff mix.

Why isn't he in the Worst Poster Tournament again?

Listen an 8 seed can beat a 1, but the if Kobe Bryant has to score 80 a game to keep them in the playoffs he freakin' will. There's not a team that's going to land in the 8th spot that will _sweep_ the Lakers. Make it interesting maybe, if the stars all like up they might, maybe, could get beaten in the first round.

The only way that LA gets swept in the first round is if after locking it down, the starting line-up all go down with injuries.

You know, if the Lakers get swept in the first round, someone should pay him some money or make him a mod or something ridiculous. There's such a small possibility of that happening, it's really funny that everyone here took it seriously enough to get all uppity about it. Let's just treat it as kind of a dumb statement and move on, guys.

Who is going to be Golden State this year? 2007 was the perfect storm, as Don Nelson game planned the Mavs to a tee. I don't see that happening this time around. And what does the 2000 Lakers have to do with the 2009 Lakers?

The Lakers are 8 games ahead of the pack in a largely decent Western Conference. They either have won the season series or have a tiebreaker (I think they are 1-1 against the Jazz) against the playoff field. The Lakers do have problems guarding the three but is a team really going be that HOT from the three point line for four out of seven games? Every contender has flaws, as there is no perfect team.

Also your prognostication is off-base from the get-go. The Lakers have been the best team in the Western Conference and arguably the NBA all season. You really think the Dallas Mavericks are going to beat the Lakers in four games? With Andrew Bynum coming back?

Yeah, it's not like I'm saying that Lakers won't win another game and miss the playoffs. They've already made the playoffs...

That was just a joke, BTW.

Not to come off all bob_barron-y or anything, but while I agree that Karc's point is pretty ridiculous, I don't see any problem with the way he's making that point. You can't ban someone just because you disagree with him, right?

Frankly, I'd be interested to hear Karc's take on LeBron James and Los Spurs. Karc's all right in my book. He isn't a doctor or a lawyer or a politician or a high school graduate or an expert on much of anything--except for what he believes in. I admire that.

I'm glad I decided not to go to this fucking game tonight. This is horrible. I can't imagine another city wanting this team the way they've played the last three games.