TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

The One...The Only...The Destination X thread

I look at the lineup...and...man if TV hadn't gotten in the way it's really quite good.

Angle vs. Sting for the TNA title

Ultimate X for the X title featuring Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed and the in ring debut of Suicide as performed by Christopher Daniels.

Off the Wagon challenge for the TNA tag titles: Beer! Money! vs. Team 3D

AJ Styles vs. Booker T for Booker's awesome looking fake title

Awesome Kong defends the Knockouts title against Sojour...Sojourner...Sojo Bolt

Samoa Joe's first televised match in weeks vs. Scott Steiner (and man..these two have clicked together in the past)

Thumbtack match: Matt Morgan vs. Abyss

The Beautiful People & Madison Rayne vs. Roxxi, Taylor Wilde & The Governor

I look at TV and I wonder how we got here...because TV was awful...and if you can forget that it happened...the lineup is pretty darned good for a throwaway Impact Zone ppv.

I think the show will be pretty good...but I warn you all that they have one of their "big" shows next month...so the finishes tonight will likely be a bit...you know...shitty.

The show looks solid on paper, like ten million times better than last month's shitty lineup and shitty output of a ppv, but yeah, the build for it has been hit or miss, depending on the match. I thought the Sting/Angle build was going good for the most part, but kind of fizzled lately more towards Foley and Jarrett more being the focus (and specifically, their interactions with Angle). The match itself should be good, I would imagine, except a possibility of a shmoz finish. I still think Sting is going to retain though, and I really don't see Foley turning, so maybe, and hopefully, we'll just get a babyface v babyface respect match at Lockdown with the two (Foley & Sting).

The Ultimate X sounds great though, with Daniels finally working again. I wonder if they will rematch these guys next month in an Ultimate X in a cage? They have hinted at doing that match in some vignettes.

Thinking they have kind of booked themselves into a corner with the tag match, meaning the Duds almost have to win the belts, or else its some stupid DQ finish.

Agreed with all. The card looks good, the booking was not. Sting/Angle had some momentum but once they did the stupid ending for the empty arena match it just sort of... dragged. And Eric Young vs the bodyguard as the final build for it really hammers home how underwhelming the last couple of weeks of build were.

The Ultimate X match is exciting but it was basically just Suicide making random attacks on people until he was booked into the match.

Beer Money vs Dudleyz is fine, but yeah. Its either a title change or the second DQ ending to one of these matches in 2 weeks.

Joe vs Steiner has potential and will probably just be glorified squash for Joe but the "real Samoa Joe" has been at best underwhelming and at worse laughable. Even if you don't see a penis tattoo, a plastic knife, and a silly man making ridiculous death threats you're not exactly seeing a bad ass.

AJ vs Booker actually was a fine build to me but it wasn't exactly interesting. Just Booker being crazy and AJ attacking him. Simple and forgettable, but effective I suppose. It didn't get bogged down with stupidity at least.

Morgan/Abyss has been lost behind "Dr. Stevie" and Abyss' "girlfriend." I assume the match could be good and Morgan SHOULD probably go over but Stevie could show up and the whole Lauren "girlfriend" thing makes this feel like the best candidate for 2009's "crappy midcard feud bogged down by stupid 3rd party drama." The 3LK breakup over Bob Armstrong and Kip James; The Roode/Young feud over Traci and slave contracts and EY's friend; The Lethal/Dutt feud over Val. Seems like every spring/summer TNA needs a stupid midcard feud that lasts forever because of a 3rd character no one really cares about.

I'm actually kind of really interested in the 6 Knockout match. I've liked what I've seen from Rayne and it looks like she might give the Beautiful People some seriously improved wrestling ability. And the faces are all pretty talented even if their characters leave something to be desired. Honestly, the only real problem I have with that feud are silly names like Mi Pi Sexy and The Governor.

It looks like a good show and I will be watching but agreed with everyone else. You'd never know that from the TV (and I actually thought the last month of Impact was a definite improvement over the last few months, but it still wasn't much more than "ok" at its best).

Actually, remembering the feud Steiner and Joe had 3 years ago or so, I might watch it just for that match.

Its really funny how a few years later, how different this feud is now. In 2006, we had Steiner make fun of Joe, but Joe just stays cool and says he will beat Steiner clean in the middle of the ring. Now, in 2009? We have Steiner still making fun of Joe, but now Joe wants to kill him with a weird looking knife, and his actions are being called the "Nation of Violence" for some reason. Very weird. I think TNA at this point isn't worth spending money on. The MEM and Frontline feud is so one-sided, that its hard to want to see any of these PPVs since that feud started. I don't think I've watched any of their PPVs since Bound For Glory.

That's a shame, as their feud a few years ago was really good. It was just out and out hatred with everything centered on kicking the shit out of each other in the ring. Hmm, such a shame they've gimmicked it up.

Fat kids can only get picked on for so long before they snap. I do like the new look for the most part of Joe, now if only he could go back to the personality of the bloody towel carrying badass of 05-06.

I'll be watching the stream tonight. I really just want to see the thumbtack match, BPP vs Joe, Beer Money INC vs 3D, and Sting vs Angle.

Sting vs Angle: Could be another really good match but with Jarrett and Foley as Ref and enforcer they'll just get in the way of having a good singles main event and we'll end up getting a shitty main event. Angle is just gonna argue with Jarrett for most of the match and then will act cowardly and try to leave only for Foley to throw him back in the ring a few times.

Ultimate X: It'll be fun to watch, but I mainly want to see Suicide's in-ring stuff.

Beer Money INC vs Team 3D: I'm hoping it's a fun match. Both teams can really bring it in the ring, so it should be good to watch.

Joe vs Steiner: This should also be a good match. Since this is Joe's first match back since being repackaged, I really expect Joe to be more vicious and intense in the ring. I really hope it isn't Joe just beating Steiner because it could be a really good back and forth match but what needs to happen here is that Joe gets over with the crowd that he's a more meaner, he's more intense, and more of a vicious person.

Aj Styles vs Booker T: Another good match. Aj wasn't really repackaged like Joe was, but he seems to be more intense, which could make the match really good.

Awesome Kong vs Bolt: Awesome Kong is winning but I love watching a Awesome Kong match.

Morgan vs Abyss: Abyss has really been bringing it when it comes to promos and also TNA has finally gotten away from "pussy" Abyss and got back to "I'm gonna fuck you up and enjoy it" Abyss. Which is always good. I fully expect a hard hitting match with a few "holy shit!" moments.

6 woman's tag match: Yay opener.

I really expect the PPV to be really solid and it has a ton of potential to be really good. Well the mid-card does at least. The main event is gonna be hurt with Angle heelishly interacting with Jarrett and Foley for a good chunk of the match and I'm sure we'll get some zany finish that everyone will bitch about. The only other match I could see no one really caring about is the 6 woman tag match. Other than those two matches, this could be a really good PPV. Oh and I'm sure we'll get some more Don West vs Mike Tenay shit as well. Hopefully Tenay doesn't walk away and we get Don West alone for the entire PPV.

*Samoa Joe vs. Scott Steiner

Joe has to come out looking like a killer. He's just come back from a beatdown, he's been given a makeover (the nature of which is dubious) and there needs to be one strong babyface that's a homegrown TNA talent. I would prefer Joe wins clean, but regardless of that I would expect some kind of angle where Joe goes overboard and has to be pulled off of Steiner and maybe gets DQ'd because of that.

*Beer Money vs. Team 3-D for tag titles

Team 3-D aren't breaking up, so either they win the belts for some kind of non-finish takes place. Or 3D lose and we get some goofy storyline over getting around the pre-match stips.

*Booker T vs. A.J. Styles for legends title

I expect Styles to have to carry things here in terms of effort. In any event, I don't see the match being much above average and I expect a silly finish based around an equally silly storyline. The belt is Booker's property but he gets forced to 'return' it to TNA

*Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Consequences Creed vs. Suicide in Ultimate X

Presumably, this is designed for Suicide to shine and look good, all the while with the announcers having to ignore it when the fans pick up on who is under the suit. We'll get lots of crazy spots and most of them will look very contrived. I guess Suicides wins, but it doesn't really matter.

*Sting vs. Kurt Angle for TNA title with Jeff Jarrett as referee and Mick Foley as enforcer

The build up to this wasn't half bad until the last two weeks, when they started building up to Angle vs. Jarrett leaving this match an almost afterthought. It's a TNA main event, so we're going to get lots of overbooked gimmickry, and the surprise here would be if there wasn't a Foley turn. One presumes whatever happens will build to Angle vs. Jarrett and Sting vs. Foley, so I'll pick Foley to cause Sting to lose, either as his heel turn or to build to his heel turn down the road, and it'll be a convoluted mess.

Alrighty, first good match of the night. (crosses fingers)

I swapped out time zones and forgot to tune in an hour earlier. Did I miss anything?

Roxxi, Wilde, and Daffney won their match, Brutus beat Eric Young. Angle's paranoid Sting's in bed with Jarrett and Foley.

I hate when matches build up weapons and the weapons never get used. That was a lot of tacks and glass that got put in the ring that never got used, weak pay off.

Just about 15 minutes behind on the ppv feed (since I'm DVRing the show and got back home late after it started) but holy shit, so far this has just been on the levels of the last ppv in terms of WTF factor to it. The opener was, eh ok, but then we get another Magnus squash on ppv? They apparently didn't learn the first time (ie last ppv) when the crowd shit all over it. Then the Bashir angle.......why did they feel that needed to be saved for ppv? That was just horrible, and then the out of tune war vet they brought to sing God Bless America? Just totally lame stuff there. That angle essentially means nothing since it's just the most cliche shit ever.

Now I wish I would have skipped ordering this and just have tried to find a feed so far at least.

Sharkboy wins!...well at least the dance contest.