TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

The One...The Only...The Destination X thread

I hate when matches build up weapons and the weapons never get used. That was a lot of tacks and glass that got put in the ring that never got used, weak pay off.

I would assume that is the tease to some sort of weapons cage match at Lockdown by what they left in the ring. That match was very standard and mundane in terms of typical TNA hardcore style matches, but then again Abyss and Morgan just don't gel at all, their match last month too was pretty bad.

The finish in the tacks match was what was to be expected, but the rest of the match was the shits to sit through.

Someone defend that segment.

Any part of it. I'm not even talking just how bad it was, putting it on PPV, making people pay to see that. Just...any aspect of that segment. At all.

Worst segment in a long, long time.

That ODB segment was beyond a doubt one of the worst segments I've ever seen in wrestling history. I really wouldn't even begin to argue if it was deemed the worst ever. It was just horrible and would never end.

Jesus christ, this dating game ODB nonsense is HORRIBLE. Again, this needs to be on ppv? If it was so bad it was good in a way, that would be one thing, but this is just plain BAD. There is no way this should have ever been shown on ppv, or even Impact. Seemed like beyond amateur hour, they need to stop using Borash like a game show host, too. He's beyond annoying and unentertaining.

That ODB segment was beyond a doubt one of the worst segments I've ever seen in wrestling history. I really wouldn't even begin to argue if it was deemed the worst ever. It was just horrible and would never end.

lol yep that about explains it, and there really is no drug or chemical that could be taken to make that segment entertaining, may I add. It was just the shittiest of the shit segments TNA has ever done, easily.

I figured that was gonna happen. Either it was gonna be a match with Joe getting a lot of offense or Joe just going nuts and raping Steiner with the match getting thrown out. Either way, it really helps with getting Joe's repackage over.

Well, that's one way to piss off the fans in attendance.

We're we listening to the same match? The fans ate that shit up.

What a mess that Knockouts match was. Kong must either still be a bit rehabbing her back injury, or Sojo Bolt just doesn't have it, or maybe a little bit of both. Really bad shit, even by the low standards of either a typical TNA or WWE women's match.

Can this ppv get any worse, knock on wood perhaps. Scared to see what's next.

EDIT - Wow, nevermind. Just saw Joe/Steiner. Are you fucking kidding me? And how can Joe (or anyone in the company who legitimately want to push the guy, which maybe is an oxymoron statement) agree to being repackaged to look like a fucking tool like that? I get the story they were trying to tell in that Joe was just out of control, which I guess sets up a rematch in the cage as as been leaked, but WTF all the same.

I gotta say though, sick flying elbow by Joe to the outside on Steiner. That really was the only positive about that entire "match." Pretty stupid to just stop the angle there when they left the building. Maybe they will go back to it later in the show, but I doubt it.

You know, that would have been nice if they ran this angle on, you know, a show that the company isn't charging people to see.

That's exactly what I thought while it was happening. If they had done that on Impact I would have been like "Damn...I want to see them at Lockdown where Joe can do whatever he wants". It would have been a money TV segment.

It's like I said in the first post though...there's a "big" ppv next month so they just use this one as a nothing show to build that one.

This PPV really has been just plain bad. From the pure crap that was the ODB segment to the pointlessness of the Magnus/EY match and the Bashir segment to the stupid Joe/Steiner booking. The best part has been a completely forgettable and short opener.

The only positive I've seen on this show was AJ telling Rhino and the Dudleyz that they shouldn't be fighting for the Frontline and it should be the "young lions" in the fight. But this PPV has gone so poorly I'm now expecting AJ to lose in 4 minutes.

I figured that was gonna happen. Either it was gonna be a match with Joe getting a lot of offense or Joe just going nuts and raping Steiner with the match getting thrown out. Either way, it really helps with getting Joe's repackage over.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's not a good way to sell a future match or get a character over. That was pure shit booking no matter how you look at it. That didn't belong on a PPV, it belonged on iMPACT. I probably still would have bitched about it, but you don't make a match like that and have it end like that. What good does a loss do to Joe when it's his first match back?

Booker T owns the belt. How can TNA force him to defend it? It's not an official title.

They never bothered to explain it so its not like this is really a defense, but TNA's recognized the title for months and booked a number of title defenses. So really, its a HUGE logical "WTF?!" but its one that I stopped by the time a referee was wrestling for the belt.

Actually this defense probably makes more sense than the past ones since they at least ran the angle where Cornette manipulated Booker into signing the contract. Still completely screwy but less screwy than why Booker would defend the title vs a referee.

For as ho hum at best this ppv has been, it's too bad they don't air at least some of these Impact Zone ppvs on Spike as live specials. Still call the events by their ppv name but air it on Spike. These shows have to be dangerously close or lower than the break even point for TNA. Expectations would at least not be so high for these pedestrian ppvs.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's not a good way to sell a future match or get a character over. That was pure shit booking no matter how you look at it. That didn't belong on a PPV, it belonged on iMPACT. I probably still would have bitched about it, but you don't make a match like that and have it end like that. What good does a loss do to Joe when it's his first match back?

I agree that it probably shouldn't have been a PPV, maybe if it was about 5 minutes longer. But the whole point of the match was to get Joe's more vicious and intense gimmick over, which it what it did. So it served it's purpose.

You know, that would have been nice if they ran this angle on, you know, a show that the company isn't charging people to see.

Yeah, last months show and, at least so far, at this point this show as well would be acceptable (but still really hard to sit through) to be a live Spike Clash-esque type of deal instead of a ppv, since I have seen more build to the next ppv than anything at this point. And dumb television style segments designed to try to get a strong quarter hour rating or something by people randomly flipping channels, seeing the car crash style formula and stick around for a bit to see where it leads. But this is pay per view, an entirely different business model. Or even if these second tier ppvs were only $15, kind of like the In Your House ppvs used to be, or something. I just feel like I am being insulted by the company that I was one of the few who actually paid for this show or something. Just so bad so far.

I agree that it probably shouldn't have been a PPV, maybe if it was about 5 minutes longer. But the whole point of the match was to get Joe's more vicious and intense gimmick over, which it what it did. So it served it's purpose.

More of a segment than a match. That's why I don't agree at all with it. They didn't have to advertise a match between the two, just have a Steiner interview with Joe attacking him or something. That feels like a huge ripoff, no matter if it served a purpose or not. Nobody, barring few, are gonna look back at that and be like "man that was awesome".