TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

The One...The Only...The Destination X thread

Ok Styles/Booker was definately the high point of the ppv so far by default. Nice to see a clean win with no bullshit, but the match still didn't really build all that well. Seemed very through the motions a bit, typical with Booker matches.

Are we all supposed to rally behind Joe when he's apparently suggested that he killed a man and looks like he just went muddin in his pajamas? Wow, seriously....... just wow.

So whats the injury deal with Storm? He didn't work the rest of the weekend shows, IIRC.

DQ finish and then the countout finish. More build to Lockdown clearly. Wow.......again, fucking WTF.

Tenay is grasping straws too much on the show for Don West doing heelish tactics. OMG you handed them the belts, Don! Tenay comes off more like the whiney heel out of the two.

Awesome heel move that will lead to the lockdown match between the two. I like how Don West helped out. I like heel Don West.

A couple of months ago Cornette didn't have the power to restart matches. It's nice to see he got a promotion of some kind.

The dislogic in all of that though is that he still could have restarted the match again when they tried to walk out and said if they don't get back in the ring, they would lose the titles. Fucking just unbelievably ridiculous booking.

Most hilarious thing of the night is the big deal they are playing up with Don West "supporting" Beer Money. It's like who gives a fuck.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Bashier somehow get involved in the ultimate X match and win the X title.

I dunno guys, I'm not seeing the greatness in the booking of that, again, since this is a ppv and it's just building to the next one so obviously. It was somethign that would have been best served for Impact, much like the Samoa Joe/Steiner stuff.

I don't understand the talk that PPV's have to be all about pay off matches. Minor PPV's are used all the time to help keep feuds going until the big PPV and then we get the big pay off with the big PPV. Why does every match on this PPV have to be a blow off?

I was wondering how long it would take the crowd to chant Fallen Angel...not long apparently.

from bottom to top, I haven't personally watched a PPV this awful in a really long time

I've seen WCW Saturday Nights and Sunday Night Heats that had better matches...

I don't understand the talk that PPV's have to be all about pay off matches. Minor PPV's are used all the time to help keep feuds going until the big PPV and then we get the big pay off with the big PPV. Why does every match on this PPV have to be a blow off?

It's the lack of finishes that people are annoyed about rather the matches not being blow off matches. You can keep feuds going without doing cheap finishes, and doing them in consecutive matches.

It's not that it has to have a blowoff, but the match itself should still be solid enough to where you WANT to see another match, for one thing. The action, as well as the finishes, should build it just as much as the story should. When they aren't in sync, or in the least if one or the other (the action or the storyline itself) isn't strong, it's ultimately a slap in the face of the people who purchase ppvs. Feels like a rip off.

Who cares if it's a blow off or not when it's a bullshit Russo non-finish?

The Joe/Steiner thing was just dumb to advertise as a match. They should have just advertised that Steiner was going to call out Joe and run the angle that way. I didn't mind the Beer Money/3D finish because I thought it was a good heel move that obviously leads to the cage rematch next month where they can't get DQ'd or run away.

The Joe/Steiner thing was just dumb to advertise as a match. They should have just advertised that Steiner was going to call out Joe and run the angle that way. I didn't mind the Beer Money/3D finish because I thought it was a good heel move that obviously leads to the cage rematch next month where they can't get DQ'd or run away.

The Joe interview afterwards where it looked like he was covered in shit was even worse than the "match" with Steiner

I didn't mind the Beer Money/3D finish because I thought it was a good heel move that obviously leads to the cage rematch next month where they can't get DQ'd or run away.

If they had just done the count-out finish, it wouldn't have been so bad. But they just teased a DQ finish only to have Cornette restart things. Logically, why isn't Cornette coming back out and restarting the match again?