TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

The One...The Only...The Destination X thread

Those Fallen Angel chants sounded like Suicidal. As someone who's only seen a couple of Ultimate X matches going in, that ending rocked my socks.

The rest of the ppv was well . . . bad.

I enjoyed everything after Joe/Steiner. The tag title match's ending was screwy. Sting got gassed. But I thought AJ/Booker was a nice match and the the other two were enjoyable even with the problems. And Ultimate X was plenty of fun with a few new spots and one that we've seen before but is still pretty amazing with that dive.

But the 90 minutes before that was BAD. Ranging from boring and pointless matches/segments with undercarders to the horror that was the ODB segment. And really, the final 90 minutes would have had to have been great to wash the taste of that away. So its hard not to call that a bad PPV. It was kind of a reverse show in that regard. A lot of TNA PPVs (and WCW and WWE even for that matter) run strong undercards and bad upper cards. A bit of a reverse there but the top half wasn't strong enough to win out.

Samoa Joe is just bad to watch now. I mean it was bad enough when they made him look like a bitch to the MEM but now he looks like a gay S&M slave. Everything he does is just an embarrassment these days.

The show was horrible besides the Ultimate X match which was pretty damn good. The ODB thing was just god awful but I got to admit, I laughed at Borash.

Just wondering but was Joe in fact wearing the cheesy long pants he had on at the house show I just went to? He didn't have any face paint at the house show like on TV however. Those long pants made him look fatter than he already looked in basic tights.

I think it's hilarious they didn't simply job Steiner out to him. Wouldn't anyone assume that would be the idea?

I think it's hilarious they didn't simply job Steiner out to him. Wouldn't anyone assume that would be the idea?

I think death by sword is a lot worse than just losing a pinfall to Joe.

This shit is so bad, Samoa Joe may not recover from it in TNA.

UPDATE ON CONSEQUENCES CREED AND MORE TNA NEWS

by Mike Johnson

Consequences Creed has been pulled from wrestling at tonight's Impact taping. Apparently he has very little memory of the Ultimate X match after being knocked out from a suplex.

Jesse Neal, who appeared on the Destination X PPV last night, is indeed a former sailor for the United States Navy. Apparently, he's signed or close to being signed by TNA and has worked local indies under the name "Tribal." He was trained at the Team 3D Wrestling Academy.

In regard to the awful Awesome Kong vs. Sojourner Bolt match last night, David Houston sent the following....I read the review for last night's TNA PPV and you mentioned Kong's back injury as a possible factor in her title match with Sojourner Bolt being subpar. I don't believe that's the case. A month ago, she wrestled MsChif here in Charlotte and had a great match with her lifting and slamming MsChif and Daffney many times and doing all of her spots, so chances are, it was just a terrible match.

TNA talents are undergoing medical examinations at the Impact tapings today. I am told its standard blood testing and nothing major.

The "Botchamania" sign that was seen during the opening six woman tag last night at the PPV was confiscated after that match. I was amazed it even made air, but apparently a similar sign did get on WWE TV awhile back.

An earlier update mentioned that Creed had suffered a bad concussion. At least TNA are doing the right thing and not having him wrestle.

Hmm I have this set to tape on Wednesday (we get the PPVs for free here in the UK) but I'm not sure I'll bother. I haven't really watched TNA for almost a year or so now and I'm not sure I'm going to bother to get back into it.

The X-Division match sounds like the highlight, has it returned back to what it was?

The X-Division match sounds like the highlight, has it returned back to what it was?

If you mean the glory days of 2004-2006, then no. You still get a decent to really good match sometimes on PPV, and the Suicide angle has been somewhat interesting, but the X-Division is a shadow of it's former self. One of the main things that made TNA seem like a quality alternative to WWE, and they went ahead and ruined it.

I'm actually surprised at how over Suicide is, and that the fans were not shitting on it. I like the look of the character and he's got a good finisher, and with Daniels in the suit, until Kaz comes back, he'll be a good X-Division champion.

On a side note, dos anyone have a pic of the "new" Samoa Joe?