TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NCAA Tournament

Hey they do have a camera at St. Mary's. I really don't see how they get an at-large what with Arizona, Maryland, and Wisconsin stealing them all.

Wisconsin is my 12-over-5 for the year.

Did you see how they all went retarded down the stretch vs. Ohio St? I'd like to think a Bo Ryan-coached team wouldn't find a 7-point lead to be comfortable enough to start throwing up nothing but cartoon threes. But no.

Ohhh they do have a cam on Penn State and St. Mary's! They were just teasing us earlier.

I do hope the Gaels get in as I'd like a Bay Area school who isn't Cal in the tournament.

If they get in just watch them draw Gonzaga.

Wisconsin is my 12-over-5 for the year.

Did you see how they all went retarded down the stretch vs. Ohio St?

I haven't seen a single game all year! That's how you get the runner-up spot in the TSM pool.

Western Kentucky is now my second 12-over-5.

I haven't watched a lot of College BBall this season, but how the fuck is Florida State a five seed?! Knew thhet made the ACC finals, but damn

The answer is Tony Douglas.

And there's an at-large for Michigan. Memo to mid-major schools: move into a major conference if you want an at-large bid.

South:

(1) UNC vs. (16) Radford

(8) LSU vs. (9) Butler

(5) Illinois vs. (12) Western Kentucky

(4) Gonzaga vs. (13) Akron

(2) Oklahoma vs. (15) Morgan St.

(7) Clemson vs. (10) Michigan

(6) Arizona St. vs. (11) Temple

(3) Syracuse vs. (14) Stephen F. Austin

Last Four In

Arizona

Wisconsin

Dayton

Maryland

San Diego State, St. Mary's, Creighton, and Penn State were likely the first four out.

2009 NCAA tournament selection committee:

YOU BETTER HAVE A HISTORY!

Yeah. I don't particularly care about most of them, and even though I hate Maryland I won't complain about that one. But how in the hell Arizona gets in I just don't get it.

I do enjoy Tubby Smith being in while Kentucky gets an exciting NIT appearance. Hope coach Billy has his bags packed.

Only upset pick I got right now is VCU over UCLA, but it's early in the looking over. Wisconsin scares the hell out of me.

I'm sure they "travel well" or "had quality losses" or some shit. As someone upthread mentioned, why don't the Last Two In get the play-in game? That makes more sense than Historically Black A&M vs. Buttfuck State or whatever it always is.

Yeah, the Michigan team that beat Duke and UCLA among others and had a top-15 SOS...just horrible. Fuck it, I'm just glad that they ended the drought, even if they did have to sweat a little.

I almost hope UW gets bounced in the first two rounds. I don't feel like watching another UW/UConn sweet sixteen game. Those end in me breaking things.

I'm not thrilled with the early draw for U of L. The #1 overall seed in the tourney has to possibly play Ohio St. in Dayton? Huh? I joked in the other thread about how terrified I was of playing Temple in that 8/9 game, saying they would find a way to put U of L with either the Owls or some plodding Big 10 team that U of L always struggles with. Seriously in the past few years I've seen U of L lose to Iowa, Purdue (twice non conf.), Minnesota this year. So yeah I am rooting for Siena in that 8/9.

I'm not thrilled with the early draw for U of L. The #1 overall seed in the tourney has to possibly play Ohio St. in Dayton? Huh? I joked in the other thread about how terrified I was of playing Temple in that 8/9 game, saying they would find a way to put U of L with either the Owls or some plodding Big 10 team that U of L always struggles with. Seriously in the past few years I've seen U of L lose to Iowa, Purdue (twice non conf.), Minnesota this year. So yeah I am rooting for Siena in that 8/9.

That's like how Memphis had to play two Texas teams in Texas, and in 06 had to face UCLA out west.

I'm shocked that Davidson didn't make it. I was of the school of thought that the committee would do whatever it took to justify getting Curry into the tournament. Oh well, good for the NIT I guess!

I just don't see how Arizona can be in this tourney. 9-9 in a down season for the Pac-10. San Diego State, Crieghton, and St. Mary's got hosed for that spot.

UNC and Syracuse in the same bracket.

Looks like it will pretty hard for 'Cuse to shit the bed before the Sweet 16 this year so I'll probably be hearing a ton of trash-talk from everyone I know...

I think this year they dropped the pre-registering thing as I never saw anything about signing up for it.

Amazingly it's still free. Even if they charged $5 for the whole tournament they'd make a killing.

Edit: Wrong thread

And I'll answer Kotz's question: No. It's always between who the committee deems the two worst teams in the tournament. It's basically the Special Olympics of the NCAA tournament.

Edit: Wrong thread

And I'll answer Kotz's question: No. It's always between who the committee deems the two worst teams in the tournament. It's basically the Special Olympics of the NCAA tournament.

And I think they eased up on that because it would be MEAC vs. SWAC every year in the play-in game.

Lots of thoughts, but I just back from work. Its funny whenever Syracuse has a good Garden run they jump 2-3 spots from what they deserve. I think they are a fun team to watch but I am not sure they are one of the 12 best teams in the country.

So for the second year in a row, I have a rooting interest in college basketball. This time, however, Portland State gets a much easier matchup going against Xavier than fucking Kansas like last year. Do me proud, Vikings!

23.jpg

(this is from last year)

Its funny whenever Syracuse has a good Garden run they jump 2-3 spots from what they deserve. I think they are a fun team to watch but I am not sure they are one of the 12 best teams in the country.

I, for one, hope you are correct and Syracuse proves to be severely overrated on Friday.