TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NCAA Tournament

Here are the 1st Round tip times. The Thursday local coverage only game this year is Mississippi State/Washington but you can see it on MMOD or CBS College Sports.

THURSDAY

Butler vs. LSU, 12:20/9:20

Cal State Northridge vs. Memphis, 12:25/9:25

Texas A&M vs. BYU, 12:30/9:30

Northern Iowa vs. Purdue, 2:30/11:30

Radford vs. North Carolina, 2:50/11:50

Maryland vs. California, 2:55/11:55

Chattanooga vs. Connecticut, 3:00/Noon

Mississippi State vs. Washington, 4:55/1:55

Minnesota vs. Texas, 7:10/4:10

Michigan vs. Clemson, 7:10/4:10

American vs. Villanova, 7:20/4:20

Akron vs. Gonzaga, 7:25/4:25

Binghamton vs. Duke, 9:40/6:40

Morgan State vs. Oklahoma, 9:40/6:40

VCU vs. UCLA, 9:50/6:50

Western Kentucky vs. Illinois, 9:55/6:55

FRIDAY

Stephen F. Austin vs. Syracuse, 12:15/9:15

Tennessee vs. Oklahoma State, 12:25/9:25

Utah State vs. Marquette, 12:30/9:30

North Dakota State vs. Kansas, 12:30/9:30

Temple vs. Arizona State, 2:45/11:45

East Tennessee State vs. Pittsburgh, 2:55/11:55

Dayton vs. West Virginia, 3:00/Noon

Cornell vs. Missouri, 3:00/Noon

Arizona vs. Utah, 7:10/4:10

TBA vs. Louisville, 7:10/4:10

USC vs. Boston College, 7:20/4:20

Portland State vs. Xavier, 7:25/4:25

Siena vs. Ohio State, 9:40/6:40

Cleveland State vs. Wake Forest, 9:40/6:40

Robert Morris vs. Michigan State, 9:50/6:50

Wisconsin vs. Florida state, 9:55/6:55

I pray Utah beats Arizona, because I don't want to here about how "SEE SEE ARIZONA DESERVED IN!" because they really didn't, regardless of how far they go.

Way to fuck me over CBS/NCAA. The one year Cleveland St gets in and Ohio St plays at the exact same time. I'm dreading Ohio St will get all the coverage.

Anyone know the quality of the MMOD on CBS's website? And is it one of those things like the NFL's site where if you don't move your mouse every 5 minutes it'll log you out? I ask since I have a cord from my pc to tv and won't feel like getting up . . . well at any point during the game.

MMOD was AWESOME last year, I watched more games on that than I did on TV. If you have a good connection the quality will be top notch. I do seem to remember an occasional "Would you like to continue watching this game?" thing popping up, but it wasn't too frequent.

Here are the announcer assignments for the tourney:

Thursday, March 19th:

LSU vs. Butler (Greensboro, 12:20pm)- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg

Memphis vs. Cal. St. Northridge (Kansas City, 12:25pm)- Tim Brando/Mike Gminski

BYU vs. Texas A&M (Philadelphia, 12:30pm)- Dick Enberg or Carter Blackburn/Jay Bilas

Purdue vs. Northern Iowa (Portland, 2:30pm)- Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner

North Carolina vs. Radford (Greensboro, 2:50pm)- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg

California vs. Maryland (Kansas City, 2:55pm)- Tim Brando/Mike Gminski

Connecticut vs. Chattanooga (Philadelphia, 3pm)- Dick Enberg or Carter Blackburn/Jay Bilas

Washington vs. Mississippi St. (Portland 5pm)- Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner

Texas vs. Minnesota (Greensboro, 7:10pm)- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg

Clemson vs. Michigan (Kansas City, 7:10pm)- Tim Brando/Mike Gminski

Villanova vs. American (Philadelphia, 7:20pm)- Dick Enberg or Carter Blackburn/Jay Bilas

Gonzaga vs. Akron (Portland, 7:25pm)- Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner

Duke vs. Binghamton (Greensboro, 9:40pm)- Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg

Oklahoma vs. Morgan State (Kansas City, 9:40pm)- Tim Brando/Mike Gminski

UCLA vs. VCU (Philadelphia, 9:50pm)- Dick Enberg or Carter Blackburn/Jay Bilas

Illinois vs. Western Kentucky (Portland, 9:55pm)- Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner

Friday, March 20th

Syracuse vs. Stephen F. Austin (Miami, 12:15pm)- Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel

Oklahoma St. vs. Tennessee (Dayton, 12:25pm)- Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery

Kansas vs. North Dakota State (Minneapolis, 12:30pm)- Gus Johnson/Len Elmore

Marquette vs. Utah State (Boise, 12:30pm)- Craig Bolerjack/Bob Wenzel

Arizona State vs. Temple (Miami, 2:45pm)- Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel

Pittsburgh vs. E. Tennessee St. (Dayton, 2:55pm)- Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery

West Virginia vs. Dayton (Minneapolis, 3pm)- Gus Johnson/Len Elmore

Missouri vs. Cornell (Boise, 3pm)- Craig Bolerjack/Bob Wenzel

Utah vs. Arizona (Miami, 7:10pm)- Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel

Louisville vs. Alabama St./Morehead St. (Dayton, 7:10pm)- Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery

Boston College vs. USC (Minneapolis, 7:20pm)- Gus Johnson/Len Elmore

Xavier vs. Portland State (Boise, 7:25pm)- Craig Bolerjack/Bob Wenzel

Wake Forest vs. Cleveland State (Miami, 9:40pm)- Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel

Ohio State vs. Siena (Dayton, 9:40pm)- Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery

Michigan State vs. Robert Morris (Minneapolis, 9:50pm)- Gus Johnson/Len Elmore

Florida State vs. Wisconsin (Boise, 9:55)- Craig Bolerjack/Bob Wenzel

I am so glad that I get to hear Gus Johnson call PBP for the NDSU-Kansas game.

Way to fuck me over CBS/NCAA. The one year Cleveland St gets in and Ohio St plays at the exact same time. I'm dreading Ohio St will get all the coverage.

Anyone know the quality of the MMOD on CBS's website? And is it one of those things like the NFL's site where if you don't move your mouse every 5 minutes it'll log you out? I ask since I have a cord from my pc to tv and won't feel like getting up . . . well at any point during the game.

MMOD was AWESOME last year, I watched more games on that than I did on TV. If you have a good connection the quality will be top notch. I do seem to remember an occasional "Would you like to continue watching this game?" thing popping up, but it wasn't too frequent.

It is AMAZING. I've used it since the inception and it is all kinds of greatness. I'm going to hook up a 19" widescreen monitor to my laptop and to watch a game on each and one on my TV. It will be amazing.

Gus Johnson's finest hour.

Oh man thank you for that link. That will always bring a smile to my face.

And yeah the quality on MMOD is great.

That was one of the greatest chokejobs in the history of the NCAA tourney and crying Morrison just makes that whole thing so much better. That Batista guy was the goat on both ends of the floor there.

As a USC fan, that was one of the worst games I have ever seen. At least George Mason made that up 3 days later.

That George Mason run is one of my favorite playoff runs by any team in any sport. Sadly, it hasn't helped the mid majors at all when it comes to getting picked for the NCAA tourney.

It is AMAZING. I've used it since the inception and it is all kinds of greatness. I'm going to hook up a 19" widescreen monitor to my laptop and to watch a game on each and one on my TV. It will be amazing.

Thanks for the heads up. Turns out the MNTV affiliate over here will air the CSU game. But I'll still be sure to give MMOD a whirl this weekend.

Morehead beat Alabama St. tonight in the play in game, so now U of L gets to maul Morehead for a 2nd time this season. At least they got some sort of win out of it.

Naiwf, George Mason going to the FF oddly enough may have hurt mid major teams more than it helped. The committee was fine with letting these teams in, but not if they are going to go TOO far. Let a few in as an at large, maybe one wins a game, maybe makes a fun little Sweet 16 run, but a Final 4?

This year I don't see an 11 seed type team going all that far in the George Mason vein. I have Utah St. beating Marquette but then losing to Mizzou (even if they somehow beat Mizzou they still have Memphis and UConn to deal with). VCU might have a chance at upsetting UCLA, but then playing Villanova in Philly? Nah. Temple might beat AZ State, but not much after that. Dayton is the one 11 seed that could potentially win a couple if they are on their game, but I don't have them beating WVU.

Well... Obama picked UNC, for whatever that's worth.

Probably a biased pick since he did play pickup with them on his campaign.

MMOD is supposed to stream in HD this year so if you have a good enough connection it should be a blast.

EDIT: I like how they set it up this year with the brackets instead of just a list.

CS Northridge is taking it to Memphis early here.

It's early. Memphis often sleepwalks through Conference USA games, and then they just turn up the defence and away they go. Not concerned.

I don't get why I'm getting LSU v. Butler. Come on CBS, give me the Tigers.

I think they're not used to teams taking it to the basket. It's going to be a tough 8 minutes, since without Evans running the point, it's not a good sign. I don't think Willie Kemp has made a basket since January

Roburt Sallie is just awesome. All year he's come in and hit the key 3, yet Coach Cal never gave him much playing time. I never understood it.

Coach Calhoun was taken to the hospital and won't be on the sideline for the UConn game tonight.

of course the head shop's connection is too shitty for MMOD...

I never understand how I can watch espn360, but youtube, MMOD, etc. never work...

on topic: Is Memphis really shitting the blanket? Cause that would royaly screw with my bracket

Memphis is up by 3, so sort of.

They're really not playing well, but Evans, Dozier and Taggart have all missed significant time with foul trouble. They were bailed out by Salle's three point shooting, and were able to maintain a lead. They play poor against the zone, so I'm just going to hold my breath.