TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NCAA Tournament

The sad thing is if ETSU had actually worked together and PASSED THE BALL a few times down the floor, that game might have been real close at the end. Pitt was making stupid turnovers and not boxing out so they left the door wide open. Reminded of that Duke/Delaware State game where DSU couldn't make a lay-up to save their lives.

Bob Huggins failing to win in the tournament doesn't surprise me. Not a bit. His teams just seem to give up and phone in the tournaments.

Here are the tip times for Saturday's games.

UCLA vs. Villanova, 1:05 PM/10:05 AM

Maryland vs. Memphis, 3:20/12:20 PM

Texas A&M vs. Connecticut, 3:35/12:35 PM

Purdue vs. Washington, 5:40/2:40 PM

LSU vs. North Carolina, 5:45/2:45 PM

Michigan vs. Oklahoma, 5:50/2:50 PM

Western Kentucky vs. Gonzaga, 8:10/5:10 PM

Texas vs. Duke, 8:15/5:15 PM

This might be the only time I can say this without lying, but my school is winning a game on a national stage right now. Awesome.

Also, I've played basketball with/against three of the guys on the PSU team. Phil Nelson and Mark Coston were both in my basketball class last year (I think I had a thread bitching about having two 6'7" guys here) and Jeremiah Dominguez, who's like my height. If he was a foot taller, he'd probably be an NBA level talent.

I remember Dominguez was a local star while in high school, grabbing the front page of the sports section multiple times a week. He wasn't recruited by any major school, as far as I can remember, due to his height. I don't know, he looks really good right now.

Dominguez was playing for University of Portland his first year or something, but has since transferred to PSU, as did a couple other guys on the Vikings squad. Phil Nelson was another of those guys, he came from U-Dub. He's also kind of an idiot meathead type.

Well, it was nice to be in the tournament again. Still looking forward to that first win. Take Czech's YMCA comment and apply it quite literally to PSU, actually- these guys, or at least certainly the bench, are just a bunch of rec league type players that are just bodies for fouls. PSU's way undersized and doesn't play defense. They have a couple really good guys who are leaving this year (Dominguez is one of them) but hopefully getting into the NCAA Tournament two years in a row will get some good players for the future.

Poor Utah, lost by double digits to a team that shouldn't have made it into the tourney by most accounts.

Lost an Elite 8 today (West Virginia), but thankfully I've only lost one other team that I had going past the next round (Illinois). I'm definitely kicking myself over not picking Western Kentucky.

If things hold up I'd have only lost two Sweet 16 teams (Northern Iowa and Wake) in my money bracket which is a hell of ma lot better than I usually do.

Bahaha, guy got his John 3:16 sign jacked by security just as he was about to strategically get it on TV. Right behind the Siena bench, security just reaches over and not-so-subtly snatches it.

Now why exactly was a #8 seed in Ohio State given such a favorable pod placement? It sounds like a Buckeyes home game in Dayton.

Wisconsin/FSU also heading to overtime.

ONIONS x2!!

Double OT!

Today overall has been a lot better than yesterday since a lot of games were interesting at least 3/4ths of the way through.