TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NCAA Tournament

Well, the fucking ACC cost me 2 Sweet 16 teams in my money bracket. Damn Wake and BC.

Edit: although I'm only down 1 in my TSM bracket, with Utah.

Fuck, that game just cost me the solo lead in the tourney after the first round. The Big 10 murdered me. I went 16-0 in the East/West and 10-6 with 2 Sweet 16s gone in the other brackets.

Many good games today. Tomorrow looks alright, but Sunday will be a great day of basketball. Loads of intriguing matchups.

Well, U of L won tonight against Morehead but it was a blech performance. Gotta play better against Siena on Sunday, no letdowns. Hope not anyway but who knows. Still though, a mid major in Siena and then the winner of Arizona/Cleveland St. to get to the Elite 8? I'll take it.

Often times I have mentioned I never have any faith in 2nd tier ACC teams (as in anyone not named UNC, Duke, and maybe Maryland some years). I had FSU winning tonight, but didn't get all this crap about them challenging Pitt. I had them out vs. Xavier. Please, Xavier...beat the Badgers now. I can't stand the thought of Pitt vs. Wisconsin in a Sweet 16. The horror!

And then there's Wake. Seth Davis actually had these guys in the FF, who knows why. My rationale with Wake has always been this: They didn't make the FF with Tim Duncan, so why would they start now? Cleveland St. is a way better team than I thought, they just dominated.

Pac 10 has been really solid so far, surprisingly so. UCLA, USC, AZ State, Washington, Arizona have all won, with Cal being the lone loss.

Thus far I had 24 out of 32 right. Today hurt me after a solid 14-2 yesterday. Too many upset picks that didn't pan out like Temple and Utah St. Wake is the only Sweet 16 team I had that is out.

Great games, but fuck whoever was on the trigger for swapping back and forth. Wisconsin fired a potential game-winning 3 with 1.something left in regulation and as the shot is in the air the fuckwad switches back to Ohio State/Siena as OSU throws up a shot with 2 on the shot clock and 19.something left.

Ever hear of tape delay, jerk? Lag OSU/SIE behind for 2 seconds so we can see that shot to its conclusion!

I'm looking forward to seeing what A&M can do with UConn. Thabeet seems to have a problem with guys who like to muscle up down on the low block (see: Pittsburgh game) and Elonu doesn't mind playing physically down low. Is the guards play like they did for most of the BYU game it might be a pretty close game.

Vitamin X, I appreciate the way that you demonstrated loyalty to and enthusiasm for your team in a way that was charming and insightful instead of whiny and pointless.

On one hand, I'm happy that, with Wake Forest out and my winning chances basically dead, I can just relax and root for my beloved Xavier and Villanova. On the other hand, I'm so annoyed by getting screwed in 7/10 and 8/9 games year after year that I'm going to analyze the shit out of every first round matchup from the last 10 years of tournaments until I come up with solutions, like I did for picking the champion.

UCLA is getting that ass whipped and there's no game to switch over to. I hate when that happens.

CBS always has a national game on both Saturday and Sunday for the 2nd round. Not to show my west coast bias but it is kind of lame that Pac-10 teams get placed in the morning slots both days. UCLA would probably have a major beef with a 10:00 AM PST tip in a virtual road game against Villanova, if they hadn't been completely smoked today.

Sunday's tip times.

Arizona State vs. Syracuse, 12:10 PM/9:10 AM

Wisconsin vs. Xavier, 2:20 PM/11:20 AM

Dayton vs. Kansas, 2:30 PM/11:30 AM

Cleveland State vs. Arizona, 2:40 PM/11:40 AM

Oklahoma State vs. Pittsburgh, 2:50 PM/11:50 AM

Marquette vs. Missouri, 4:50/1:50 PM

USC vs. Michigan State, 5:00/2:00 PM

Siena vs. Louisville, 5:20/2:20 PM

I really shit the bed, bracket wise, this year....man...but I'll be damned if it hasn't been fun to watch

tomorrows OSU/Pitt game should be fantastic, IMHO....I have OSU making it to the finals, for whatever its worth

It would hurt my bracket a little, but I'm hoping LSU pulls off the upset because UNC is my least favorite team in the whole country.

Why thank you, Xavier! Even if you do support the school I temporarily will hate on for a while. Did you go there or is it just supporting them as a coincidence with your name?

Nah, I didn't go there. Xavier charges US$14,000 per semester! I'm an alumnus of Minnesota, which charges a somewhat more sane US$4,000 per semester.

Xavier is the most wondrous male name that I have ever heard. Of course, much of the credit clearly goes to the 'X,' because I do not find the name 'Javier' to be anything special. But an X at the beginning of the name? What a bold renegade! X's 'ZAY' pronunciation is much more elegant than J's 'HAH.' Who can deny that the phonetics of a name influence one's choice? I'm reminded of a line from Fahrenheit 451: "Even their names helped. Compare Winston Noble to Hubert Hoag for ten seconds and you can almost figure the results."

Additionally, if Graphics & Testing Grounds is TSM's Somalia, then the Xavier Musketeers are the NCAA tournament's Somali Privateers. They're a small, philosophical, and noble group that has had shocking success against the powerhouses in certain situations. (Compare two elite eight appearances with capturing the MV Sirius Star and MV Faina.) But then, inevitably, one of the superpowers comes along and ruins their romantic story. (Duke is Russia, UCLA is the USA.)