TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - March 16 2009

Weren't people incredibly excited about the idea of Jericho versus the legends 24 hours ago?

One bad segment and suddenly it's the biggest waste of a star in 24 years?

That's TSM for you.

Weren't people incredibly excited about the idea of Jericho versus the legends 24 hours ago?

One bad segment and suddenly it's the biggest waste of a star in 24 years?

That's the Internet for you.

[/hypocrite]

Im all excited about Jericho facing a legend... I was just hoping for it to be someone else other than piper or snuka. I dont know if Steamboat can still go, cause if so, that will rock.

I think that's the reason people are now feeling let down by the Jericho deal. Before last night, it, in theory, still could have been Austin or Flair in a singles match. That would have been a match people would have really gotten into in terms of build up and execution. Now, with the realization that it appears to be Jericho vs. Steamboat, Snuka and Piper, you can't help but be disappointed. If the angle last night had ended with Austin or Flair challenging Jericho at WM, people wouldn't have minded so much. As it is, the reality fails, miserably, to match up to expectations and what could have been.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people are disappointed at what it could have been.

But it's still salvagable and arguably better than the alternative. I don't object to it being disappointing, I object more to people calling it a waste of Jericho. Anyone on the main roster would risk being lost in the shuffle. Jericho facing the legends, even if it's not Flair or Austin, at least stands out from the pack. And besides, Flair would mean backtracking on one of the most genuine public moments in the history of the business which probably would have been more agregious than doing this gauntlet. And unless Austin's physical condition has improved from being out of the ring, he's not the best option either. So to a certain extent their hands are tied.

If the angle last night had ended with Austin or Flair challenging Jericho at WM, people wouldn't have minded so much. As it is, the reality fails, miserably, to match up to expectations and what could have been.

Actually, I'd have been PISSED if it had been Flair, but otherwise I agree with this. However, one could argue that WWE never announced that Austin would be involved with WM and as such it's not WWE's fault some fans are disappointed. (While this is logical, who cares, I'm still disappointed as hell.) Also, you could say that there's still a couple of weeks to go to WM and something could happen to change the announced match. Also, Austin still could show up at WM; you never know.

Still, yeah, I'm not happy with the current direction of this angle.

EDIT: Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have hit the Edit button a fourth time.

I'd rather have Steamboat vs Jericho in a singles match. He's the only one of the three that will really feel special watching.

Yeah, the issue is really that Piper and Snuka aren't strong special attractions anymore. The problem is, Steamboat isn't really considered as big of a name as the others. So they're hoping the sum will be greater than the individual parts.

Austin/Jericho, Flair/Jericho, or my preferred choice Lawler/Jericho could go either way and be a competitive matchup.

Jericho v. 3 legends will be obvious within 30 seconds whether they're going to push Jericho going over 3 legends or whether he's going to get squashed for the "Yay legends!" pop.

Then again, maybe those 3 legends turn him down next week on Raw and turn Jericho into the hypocrite, as they all collectively decide to pass on the limelight and let Jericho wallow around begging anybody who's ever been somebody to give him a match so he can appear at Wrestlemania.

-- Raw was down again to a 3.6 last night. It's going to be a rough week for a lot of people as Smackdown did a 1.9 Friday and Vince blew a complete gasket.

F4W

It's always fun, in a car crash way, to see what Vince does after such events. It can't exactly make the build to WM any less enthralling.

Maybe it's just me, but they've made it pretty obvious that SmackDown is completely unimportant right now because it's taped and they're not giving anything away ahead of time.

No, it's not just you. Whether it's done on purpose or not, they've made it perfectly clear recently that it's ok if you miss SD, since the all the important stuff happens on Raw.

Maybe it's just me, but they've made it pretty obvious that SmackDown is completely unimportant right now because it's taped and they're not giving anything away ahead of time.

No, it's not just you. Whether it's done on purpose or not, they've made it perfectly clear recently that it's ok if you miss SD, since the all the important stuff happens on Raw.

I don't really know what exactly are you guys watching but a lot of great stuff has happened on SmackDown lately, match-wise specially.

In terms of in-ring product on SD, yes. But in terms of important angles and advancing storylines, not so much, imo.

Well, I for one though Matt did a top notch job as a heel last week with his promo for his feud with Jeff, but then again, judging by the responses (or lack of) on the SD thread here in TSM I'm in the absolute minority on that one.